WhatAWait!

India- K1 Interview- Police Clearance certificate

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hello Guys, 

Please advice:

1. Can my beneficiary initiate the process to obtain her police clearance certificate prior to me receiving the case number from NVC? I read at some site that if your passport issue  date is 6 month or older at the time of interview you must obtain Police clearance certificate from your local passport office as well as your local police station. Given the fact that it takes longer for officials in india to get any thing done - would nt it be wise to start the process now while waiting for the case number? 

2. As an agent for my beneficiary, what are the document I need to upload on the NVC site online? 

Thanks for the advice. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Tonie12 said:

Either way, you  must have police certification from places you have lived since age of 16.  I hope this helps.  

I get that, however my question is - is it advisable to start the process of getting the pcc now while we wait for the NVC case number? Does the PCC has to be dated after the NVC case issue date? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
18 minutes ago, WhatAWait! said:

Hello Guys, 

Please advice:

1. Can my beneficiary initiate the process to obtain her police clearance certificate prior to me receiving the case number from NVC? I read at some site that if your passport issue  date is 6 month or older at the time of interview you must obtain Police clearance certificate from your local passport office as well as your local police station. Given the fact that it takes longer for officials in india to get any thing done - would nt it be wise to start the process now while waiting for the case number? 

2. As an agent for my beneficiary, what are the document I need to upload on the NVC site online? 

Thanks for the advice. 

I assume that this post is related to K-1 visa.

As far as I know, PCC is valid for 6 months from the date of issue so u can apply for it accordingly.

I didn't get ur question about uploading documents in NVC. I don't think so anyone needs to upload any documents anywhere during the NVC stage.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 minutes ago, WhatAWait! said:

I get that, however my question is - is it advisable to start the process of getting the pcc now while we wait for the NVC case number? Does the PCC has to be dated after the NVC case issue date? 

no. it has to cover the entire stay if you left one of the countries you lived in for good, or it shouldn't be older than 1 year if it's issued in your current country. Me and everyone else I know had them obtained 2-5 months before NOA-2. And everything was fine at the interview :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
38 minutes ago, WhatAWait! said:

Hello Guys, 

Please advice:

Thanks for the advice. 

Our case was just sent to the US Embassy in Islamabad, we are currently working on getting a police clearance right now. It takes 2-4 weeks depending for Pakistan similar to India. It is valid for 6 months. On the NVC website there is no documents to upload for the k1, just fill out the ds-160

6 hours ago, WhatAWait! said:

Hello Guys, 

Please advice:

Thanks for the advice. 

1. Yes, but keep in mind the age of the PCC is normally 1 year from most country's but most Embassy's don't want them older then 6 months at time of interview.

2. There is no documents required to up load to the NVC site.

Use this link to see what is required to get the Police Clearance for any country that you have lived in since the age of 16 more than 6 months.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country.html

Once you arrive on the landing page look to the left column and chose the first letter in the country's name that you are searching for. Once you land on the page for that country then scroll about 3/4's of the way down till you see "Police, Court, Prison Records".  Select it. Then locate "Police Certificates" which should be the first entry. Then check the availability of getting a PC from that country. If it states "Available: Only if applicant is physically present in the "the country's name". If that is the case then screen shoot the page and print and bring to your interview in the event that you need to prove to the CO that a PC from that country is not available for you to get unless you are physically in the country. That should prevent any problems at the interview.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
9 hours ago, WhatAWait! said:

Hello Guys, 

Please advice:

Thanks for the advice. 

In India pcc is valid for 1 year.which you can get from passport seva kendra not from police station.police will visit for verification which is normal process if passport is older than 1 year whole process will take 10 to 20 days its depend on you city and its all depend on when you submit your application and which kind of form you submitted to USCIS and you no need to update any kind of documents on NVC its all being processed by uscis.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, ajay007 said:

In India pcc is valid for 1 year.which you can get from passport seva kendra not from police station.police will visit for verification which is normal process if passport is older than 1 year whole process will take 10 to 20 days its depend on you city and its all depend on when you submit your application and which kind of form you submitted to USCIS and you no need to update any kind of documents on NVC its all being processed by uscis.

Thanks, for the advice. Do you know in order to apply for the PCC at Passport seva kendra , what documentation do they need? Do I have to provide my letter from USCIS - the NOA 2?

Timeline
9 minutes ago, WhatAWait! said:

Thanks, for the advice. Do you know in order to apply for the PCC at Passport seva kendra , what documentation do they need? Do I have to provide my letter from USCIS - the NOA 2?

if you got noa 2 then its right time to get pcc and you no need do anything its for applicant only they have to book appointment online for pcc and just normal documents required like passport,aadhar card,driving licence etc which shows photo id's with address proofs.i saw your time line it shows your k1 in delhi its not right cos k1 will be deal in only in mumbai not any where in else.

Edited by ajay007

Timeline
14 minutes ago, ajay007 said:

if you got noa 2 then its right time to get pcc and you no need do anything its for applicant only they have to book appointment online for pcc and just normal documents required like passport,aadhar card,driving licence etc which shows photo id's with address proofs.i saw your time line it shows your k1 in delhi its not right cos k1 will be deal in only in mumbai not any where in else.

Thanks really. IT is a good info. Can you tell which site does the she need to go to book the apt for PCC? I can do it for her here if I know where to do it.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, WhatAWait! said:

Thanks really. IT is a good info. Can you tell which site does the she need to go to book the apt for PCC? I can do it for her here if I know where to do it.

https://portal1.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/user/userLogin. its a busy site it may takes several attempts but as i experienced its required sharp 4.45pm start attempt to book appointment back and forth then you will be able to book it and you need online banking from indian banks as well.

Timeline
1 hour ago, ajay007 said:

https://portal1.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/user/userLogin. its a busy site it may takes several attempts but as i experienced its required sharp 4.45pm start attempt to book appointment back and forth then you will be able to book it and you need online banking from indian banks as well.

Thank you so much

• 2 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi, my fiancé has k1 via interview next month at Mumbai. As in regards to the PCC, police clearance certificate my fiancé obtained that from DCP office already, but I read somewhere that the PCC has to be from regional passport office, is that true? 

We don't mind getting it from the regional passport office too but the wait time appointment is 2 weeks and then they said it takes 2 weeks to receive it, we don't have that much time because our interview date at mumbai is before that. Will they accept the PCC from the DCP police station office? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.