MK_25

I-130 Filers August 2018 [merged threads]

1,255 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, inneedofmyhb said:

Right! Yes, hopefully after the inquiry, it did something. I was thinking the other day, how unfair it is that they continue to change the processing times. It should only apply to individuals filing after a certain date. Priority dates should be grouped together. Anything filed before 2019 should still have the same processing time as originally stated when priority date was assigned. It just makes better sense. How can you tell someone their new processing time is now 10 months when it was 5 when they originally filed? The new filers should have the 10 months, not the ones thst have already waited 8+ months like us. I just have a feeling I won’t know anything until I receive the notice in the mail. Sending lots of positive vibes your way! ❤️

Yeah, when I filed it was 5.5-7.5 months, we're now at 9 months with no further communication! It's just messed up but hey what can you do except have patience 🤷‍♀️ Sending you prayers too!

CR1 Visa Timeline

Texas Service Center

10th August 2018: I-130 Petition Filed

15th August 2018: I-130 Payment taken

23rd August 2018: NOA1 Received

1 hour ago, Muna_93 said:

Yeah, when I filed it was 5.5-7.5 months, we're now at 9 months with no further communication! It's just messed up but hey what can you do except have patience 🤷‍♀️ Sending you prayers too!

Me too! I was so happy it ended up at TSC. And then slowly but surely everything changed. And your right, all we can do is have patience. Because at this point someone else has a little control of our own life’s. 😫 after I told my husband about the transfer, he is now freaking out. He is imagining the worse. 

9 minutes ago, inneedofmyhb said:

Me too! I was so happy it ended up at TSC. And then slowly but surely everything changed. And your right, all we can do is have patience. Because at this point someone else has a little control of our own life’s. 😫 after I told my husband about the transfer, he is now freaking out. He is imagining the worse. 

Omg I was so happy about TSC too! lololol 😅 

CR1 Visa Timeline

Texas Service Center

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Married June 9, 2016

I-130 sent August 14, 2018

Phoenix Lockbox then was sent to Nebraska

NOA1 August 21, 2018

1-130 Approved January 10, 2019

NVC Received  IR-1 January 18,2019

Case Complete April 11, 2019

Currently still waiting for an interview date to be made. The waiting is extremely hard. However my faith is stronger. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
13 hours ago, Ivie & Eguagie said:

Married June 9, 2016

I-130 sent August 14, 2018

Phoenix Lockbox then was sent to Nebraska

NOA1 August 21, 2018

1-130 Approved January 10, 2019

NVC Received  IR-1 January 18,2019

Case Complete April 11, 2019

Currently still waiting for an interview date to be made. The waiting is extremely hard. However my faith is stronger. 

Thats quick for Nebraska! Was it expedited or maybe because of the 2 year marriage your partner is immediate relative & not conditional?

Service Center: Texas Service Center SRC

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/21

I-130 NOA2: 2019/09/17

NVC DQ: 2020/01/21

Visa Approved: 2021/07/01

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, Juliet57 said:

Thats quick for Nebraska! Was it expedited or maybe because of the 2 year marriage your partner is immediate relative & not conditional?

No we did not expedite, not sure we just thank God.

On 5/1/2019 at 12:29 PM, Muna_93 said:

Omg I was so happy about TSC too! lololol 😅 

Any updates? Nothing on me. This is killing me. At 9 months now. They receive the RFE response and then decide to transfer. I have no idea where it went or why. Nothing. I hope you have better news. 🙏🏼

4 minutes ago, inneedofmyhb said:

Any updates? Nothing on me. This is killing me. At 9 months now. They receive the RFE response and then decide to transfer. I have no idea where it went or why. Nothing. I hope you have better news. 🙏🏼

No news here.. no online updates or mail. People at Potomac who filed in February are getting approved. Heck, people who filed more than a month after us at Texas are getting approved. I'm happy for them but it's so unfair... I have no words.

CR1 Visa Timeline

Texas Service Center

16 hours ago, Muna_93 said:

No news here.. no online updates or mail. People at Potomac who filed in February are getting approved. Heck, people who filed more than a month after us at Texas are getting approved. I'm happy for them but it's so unfair... I have no words.

I know it’s not fair. It is definitely a challenge to our mentality. At least me, I start thinking of the worse scenarios in my head when I see all these people getting approved and here we are. Especially when someone else on here responded to their RFE in Texas and got an approval 10 days later. And then mine gets transferred. I think you should involve congress at this point. I can’t because of the RFE, the 60 days clock started on me as of 4/24. 

1 hour ago, inneedofmyhb said:

I know it’s not fair. It is definitely a challenge to our mentality. At least me, I start thinking of the worse scenarios in my head when I see all these people getting approved and here we are. Especially when someone else on here responded to their RFE in Texas and got an approval 10 days later. And then mine gets transferred. I think you should involve congress at this point. I can’t because of the RFE, the 60 days clock started on me as of 4/24. 

You really think so? Shouldn't I wait for my inquiry response? I sent on 1st May and it says expect response by 23rd May. I don't get it, because on the app that I search daily, there are plentyyyy of August cases still untouched. Some people on FB groups from August who still haven't heard anything. So I don't know how they moved on to September on their website. Also, from what I've read, writing to your representative does jack all... all they come back with is a letter that says 'wait 60 days' or 'it's in queue', etc. If there's nothing by the 23rd, then we will have no choice but to write to someone I guess.

Do you still not know where your petition went after transfer? This is ridiculous.

CR1 Visa Timeline

Texas Service Center

4 hours ago, Muna_93 said:

You really think so? Shouldn't I wait for my inquiry response? I sent on 1st May and it says expect response by 23rd May. I don't get it, because on the app that I search daily, there are plentyyyy of August cases still untouched. Some people on FB groups from August who still haven't heard anything. So I don't know how they moved on to September on their website. Also, from what I've read, writing to your representative does jack all... all they come back with is a letter that says 'wait 60 days' or 'it's in queue', etc. If there's nothing by the 23rd, then we will have no choice but to write to someone I guess.

Do you still not know where your petition went after transfer? This is ridiculous.

Yeah then wait for the response to the inquiry. After that write congress. I’ve seen a lot of approvals go through because congress was involved. It also depends on your states political status, as odd as that may sound. I have no idea where my petition is or my RFE response is. It’s very ridiculous as this point. And on my status update says if I haven’t received the notice of the transfer by May 30th to call them. I mean come on, may 30th?? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Love To Teach said:

It's now 9 months with no NOA2. Anyone else in the same boat? I was told we would hear something within 10 months.

it took a friend who was at Nebraska 11 months to finally get NOA2

they are averaging Nebraska to be 11-12 months for approval late May Early June are just now being worked on.

4 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

it took a friend who was at Nebraska 11 months to finally get NOA2

they are averaging Nebraska to be 11-12 months for approval late May Early June are just now being worked on.

This is crazy!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Love To Teach said:

This is crazy!!!

agreed, they are very backlogged. 

it took mine 8 months but that was in 2018 when it wasn't so back logged

Edited by Khallaf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.