Greenbaum

September 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,090 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, HamoAus said:

My USC fiancee called today and got our case number. The last three digits of ours is "003", does that mean there are only 2 other people applying for visas in my batch? 😄

No it means you were the third case approved today.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Greenbaum said:

No it means you were the third case approved today.

Ah, fair enough 😁 I was gonna say, that's not very many people lol

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, kohldjs said:

I have a question that I am sure has been answered but can't seem to find it. Since we have our case number but still at the NVC, should we go ahead and pay the visa fees now to schedule the medical appointment or wait still the case is stating "Ready"?  My fiance went to the approved medical sites and was told that the original appointment letter is required. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if this has already been asked.

@kohldjs Earlier people from India have said you Could do the medical without the letter but these days I think they are getting strict. I think we can

always submit the DS-160 and pay the fees as it goes to transit and then take start checking availability of all appointments. If available take an appointment like after 30 days so that way    you are safe as in by that time your case will definitely be at the Consulate. Sometimes when they send the package by postal mail it can take some time, ao keep that in mind. Still post this question on the India Forum as Greenbaum said , there’s another Mumbai Consulate topic where also you can post it.

@Lucy&Jason, @BJ & Christine I am SO HAPPY to see you guys here! My warmest congratulations! ♥️ SO AWESOME!!!

6 hours ago, kohldjs said:

I have a question that I am sure has been answered but can't seem to find it. Since we have our case number but still at the NVC, should we go ahead and pay the visa fees now to schedule the medical appointment or wait still the case is stating "Ready"?  My fiance went to the approved medical sites and was told that the original appointment letter is required. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if this has already been asked.

Here are the links for those who are working together for processing their visa's in India I had mention in an earlier quote.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/331403-mumbai-consulate-k1-visa-221g-given/

And

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/684938-india-processing-2018-noa2-nvc/?page=1

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Finally received NOA2 🙌🏼

Confused since the NOA2 hardcopy notice date is 9/22, but USCIS website approval date is 9/24 (assuming since 9/22 fell on a Saturday). Can I call NVC to check status on 10/5 or should I wait until 10/8? I have already submitted a form inquiry as @Greenbaum suggested in an earlier response to update my email address with the NVC, so hopefully the NVC will email me when they receive the case (thus avoiding a phone call). 

Does anyone have specific information for the South Africa embassy? (i.e., P3 letter) My fiancé already sent off for the police clearance certificate two weeks ago in anticipation of NOA2 approval since it can take awhile- assuming this is ok?! Thanks ya’ll!

Edited by kathryn&sabastion

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Have you payed your interview fee? Have you scheduled your interview date? Have you thought about completing your medical and CFO next week? If not then you are wasting time. I've posted many times links to important information on this topic. Scroll back one page at a time where you should find given to another Filipino applicants.

Yup, we will pay the fee on Monday since its a Saturday in the Philippines today😁 then medical on Thu and Fri since she is still employed and needs to ask for vacation leave from work. We thought of setting the interview on the 12th but not sure if that would be too early and then cfo once we have the visa on hand. As of now, we only need to gather nbi which is a pain because she always has a 'hit' but the rest is ready. Thanks @greenbaum

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

Feb 15, 2019   : Sent I-485 together with I-131 and I- 765

Jan 28, 2019   : Got married at the courthouse

Nov 15, 2018  :  Entered the USA

K1 JOURNEY

Nov 07, 2018   :  At 12nn, received Visa via door to door delivery

Nov 06, 2018   :  Out for delivery. Received email and text notification.

Nov 02, 2018   :  Called office and status changed to Issued

Oct 18, 2018    Status changed to Ready

Oct 16, 2018    :   NVC Left  ( Status is In Transit)

Oct 4&5, 2018 :   Completed medical at St. Lukes Medical Center

Oct 01,  2018   :   Paid visa fee at BPI, Filled DS-160, Registered online for St. Lukes medical

Sep 28, 2018   :   NVC case number over the phone

Sep 26, 2018   :   NVC received case (13 days from NOA2)

Sep 17, 2018   :   NOA2 hard copy received

Sep 13, 2018   :   NOA2 via email notification (192 days from NOA1)

Mar 08, 2018   :   NOA1 new website (https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/)

Mar 05, 2018   :   NOA1 old website (https://egov.uscis.gov)

Mar 01, 2018   :   I-129F Packet sent

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Have you payed your interview fee? Have you scheduled your interview date? Have you thought about completing your medical and CFO next week? If not then you are wasting time. I've posted many times links to important information on this topic. Scroll back one page at a time where you should find given to another Filipino applicants.

Yup, we will pay it on Monday since its a Saturday in the Philippines today lol we wish got our casw number on Thursday so she couldve paid it on Friday and go on medical Mon and Tue but she will do it on Thu and Fri since shes still working and needs to request for leave. Then we will set the interview on the 12th but not sure if that would be too soon. Cfo would after we have the visa on hand so it will just be one trip. We only need the NBI which is a pain because she always has a 'hit' but the rest of the requirements is ready. Thanks @Greenbaum

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

Feb 15, 2019   : Sent I-485 together with I-131 and I- 765

Jan 28, 2019   : Got married at the courthouse

Nov 15, 2018  :  Entered the USA

K1 JOURNEY

Nov 07, 2018   :  At 12nn, received Visa via door to door delivery

Nov 06, 2018   :  Out for delivery. Received email and text notification.

Nov 02, 2018   :  Called office and status changed to Issued

Oct 18, 2018    Status changed to Ready

Oct 16, 2018    :   NVC Left  ( Status is In Transit)

Oct 4&5, 2018 :   Completed medical at St. Lukes Medical Center

Oct 01,  2018   :   Paid visa fee at BPI, Filled DS-160, Registered online for St. Lukes medical

Sep 28, 2018   :   NVC case number over the phone

Sep 26, 2018   :   NVC received case (13 days from NOA2)

Sep 17, 2018   :   NOA2 hard copy received

Sep 13, 2018   :   NOA2 via email notification (192 days from NOA1)

Mar 08, 2018   :   NOA1 new website (https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/)

Mar 05, 2018   :   NOA1 old website (https://egov.uscis.gov)

Mar 01, 2018   :   I-129F Packet sent

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
1 hour ago, I.Kat said:

@Lucy&Jason, @BJ & Christine I am SO HAPPY to see you guys here! My warmest congratulations! ♥️ SO AWESOME!!!

Awww... @I.Kat Thank you so much...❤️❤️❤️😘😘😘

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
11 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Congratulations. Do you know what needs to be done next now that you have received your case number?

I have a brief idea @Greenbaum. Need to schedule the interview with the US embassy in Sofia and complete the medical.

Will start researching in details soon. My goal is to have the interview in mid/end of December.

3 hours ago, kathryn&sabastion said:

Finally received NOA2 🙌🏼

Confused since the NOA2 hardcopy notice date is 9/22, but USCIS website approval date is 9/24 (assuming since 9/22 fell on a Saturday). Can I call NVC to check status on 10/5 or should I wait until 10/8? I have already submitted a form inquiry as @Greenbaum suggested in an earlier response to update my email address with the NVC, so hopefully the NVC will email me when they receive the case (thus avoiding a phone call). 

Does anyone have specific information for the South Africa embassy? (i.e., P3 letter) My fiancé There is a SA already sent off for the police clearance certificate two weeks ago in anticipation of NOA2 approval since it can take awhile- assuming this is ok?! Thanks ya’ll!

There is a SA thread where they are discussing what to do found here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/663264-south-african-k1-visa-applicants/

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

3 hours ago, JL2017 said:

Yup, we will pay the fee on Monday since its a Saturday in the Philippines today😁 then medical on Thu and Fri since she is still employed and needs to ask for vacation leave from work. We thought of setting the interview on the 12th but not sure if that would be too early and then cfo once we have the visa on hand. As of now, we only need to gather nbi which is a pain because she always has a 'hit' but the rest is ready. Thanks @greenbaum

IMO 12th is a little to soon if your case is still at NVC. The following week would be ideal. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

2 hours ago, wtrav said:

I have a brief idea @Greenbaum. Need to schedule the interview with the US embassy in Sofia and complete the medical.

Will start researching in details soon. My goal is to have the interview in mid/end of December.

Your Embassy has the information you need here https://bg.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee/the-interview/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

6 hours ago, JL2017 said:

Yup, we will pay it on Monday since its a Saturday in the Philippines today lol we wish got our casw number on Thursday so she couldve paid it on Friday and go on medical Mon and Tue but she will do it on Thu and Fri since shes still working and needs to request for leave. Then we will set the interview on the 12th but not sure if that would be too soon. Cfo would after we have the visa on hand so it will just be one trip. We only need the NBI which is a pain because she always has a 'hit' but the rest of the requirements is ready. Thanks @Greenbaum

Do CFO early as classes fill up early for Manila. Other locations are a breeze to get an appointment.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 9/27/2018 at 5:54 PM, alsf2611 said:

Hi! 

I asked NVC for the processing time from NVC to US Emabassy in Japan and I got reply from them and now I am so confused! 

Do I need to fill out DS 261???? Can I just igonore this???

Here is reply from NVC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The NVC can't give an overall processing time because we don't know how long it will take someone to complete and send required documents. For current processing times, please visit our website at nvc.state.gov/submit (English) or nvc.state.gov/enviar/espanol (Spanish). We will send more information after completing our review.

To continue processing your immigrant visa case, you will need to designate an agent. Please complete Form DS-261 (Online Choice of Address and Agent). We will send instructions for paying the immigrant visa application fee after processing your DS-261. We will send all future correspondence to the agent you selected.

If the principal applicant is under the age of sixteen, the principal applicant's parent or guardian may sign the form.

Please complete and submit Form DS-261 at http://ceac.state.gov.

For more information regarding the immigrant visa application fee, or for answers to frequently asked questions, visit http://nvc.state.gov for English orhttp://nvc.state.gov/espanol for Spanish.

For your case to continue, you need to pay one or more processing fees. Please go to http://ceac.state.gov and log in with your case number and your invoice ID number. Here are your numbers:

Has anyone answered this because I did saw this as well but don't see a response to the question anywhere

I-129F Sent Feb 6, 2018

I-129F Sent back due to fee error Feb 19, 2018

I-129-F Sent again February 20, 2018

NOA1 Received February 26, 2018 (Old Site)

NOA1 Received March 1, 2018 (New Site)

Check Cashed March 2, 2018

NOA2 August 31, 2018

NVC September 18, 2018

Interview......February 7, 2019

Visa In Hand......February 14, 2019

POE.......February 28, 2019

Wedding Date March 6, 2019

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.