LiliBurd

Received Courtesy copy not official notice.

102 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

We decided not to wait, made an appointment at the local USCIS office and got a stamp. I found it curious that when we came in, there was quite literally no one but us in the entire office. No one waiting for service, and only one person behind the counter. We were in and out with a stamp in less than 15 minutes. Now good until October 2019. 

8 minutes ago, br9k said:

We decided not to wait, made an appointment at the local USCIS office and got a stamp. I found it curious that when we came in, there was quite literally no one but us in the entire office. No one waiting for service, and only one person behind the counter. We were in and out with a stamp in less than 15 minutes. Now good until October 2019. 

Yes, it took a couple of days to find an available info pass appointment time online.  When we got to the USCIS office in Virginia, there was only one other family being serviced.  Got our I-551 stamps in less than 30 minutes.  

14 minutes ago, br9k said:

Did they keep your green card? 

On 10/6/2018 at 4:09 PM, Eli_za said:

Did they keep your green card? 

The USCIS office in Fairfax, Virginia took our Green Cards.  In doing so, the agent told us that the I-551 stamp in our visa was no different than the Form I-551, Green Card.

Made a non deliver request a week ago and got original 18 month extension today. 

''No matter how painful distance can be, not having you in my life would be worse''

August 16 2013: Started dating

July 6 2014: Got engaged! (L)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Ok, so I emailed saying that we only received the courtesy letter and we still need to receive the official 18 month extension letter. This was the response I got:

""On 09/30/2018, you or your representative contacted U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) about your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, because you did not receive your receipt notice.  

We mailed you a receipt notice to your address of record. and was not sent to the attorney because you do not have an attorney to represent you.  The notice you received is an official receipt notice.  A duplicate notice will be the same as the one you have. Thus, a duplicate will not be sent.

We hope this information is helpful."

🙄...now what?  I'm trying to remain calm but this is so stupid...😖

*~Meghan~*

1 hour ago, luna_azul0609 said:

Ok, so I emailed saying that we only received the courtesy letter and we still need to receive the official 18 month extension letter. This was the response I got:

""On 09/30/2018, you or your representative contacted U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) about your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, because you did not receive your receipt notice.  

We mailed you a receipt notice to your address of record. and was not sent to the attorney because you do not have an attorney to represent you.  The notice you received is an official receipt notice.  A duplicate notice will be the same as the one you have. Thus, a duplicate will not be sent.

We hope this information is helpful."

🙄...now what?  I'm trying to remain calm but this is so stupid...😖

So, that means the courtesy copy is an official letter according to the person who responded to your inquiry. Seems like they don’t even know what was sent. When I called the guy told me that the courtesy copy along with offical 12-month receipt notice should be enough. That same guy told me the letter were sent out through their automated system. Some people got offical letters and some (like us) got courtesy copies even though we didn’t use an attorney.   And if you Get a stamp on passport they will keep Your gc. I just don’t understand why they sent courtesy copies in the first place 😖

5 minutes ago, Eli_za said:

So, that means the courtesy copy is an official letter according to the person who responded to your inquiry. Seems like they don’t even know what was sent. When I called the guy told me that the courtesy copy along with offical 12-month receipt notice should be enough. That same guy told me the letter were sent out through their automated system. Some people got offical letters and some (like us) got courtesy copies even though we didn’t use an attorney.   And if you Get a stamp on passport they will keep Your gc. I just don’t understand why they sent courtesy copies in the first place 😖

i sent an inquiry as well and got an email telling me my case was still being processed even though that wasnt the inquiry i had sent. So yesterday i called then and asked for a Tier 2 agent, it was a mission to get the tier 1 to transfer but i didnt budge. The Tier 2 first asked me to get an appointment at my local office and get a stamp and i told her well its near impossible to get an appointment online i have tried dozens of times. In the end she relented and told me she will put in a request for them to mail me the 18 month extension. I hope they do

K-1 Journey

2015 01 14 : I-129F Mailed

2015 01 22: NOA-2

2015 03 09 : Packet 3 Received

2015 05 19 : Interview - PASSED (K-1 Visa Approved)

2015 08 19 : Arrived U.S.

2015 10 30 : Married :dance:

AOS Journey

11/05/2015: AOS Package Mailed

11/07/2015: AOS Delivered

11/15/2015: NOAx3 text and email received

11/18/2015: NOAx3 received via mail date 11/10/2015

11/26/2015: Received biometrics letter scheduled for 12/10/2015

12/10/2015: Biometrics completed

01/08/2016: Case status update I-485 "New card being produced"

01/10/2016: Case status update I-485 "Case approved"

01/12/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card was mailed to me"

01/13/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card picked up by USPS

01/15/2016: GREENCARD IN HAND!! DONE FOR NOW!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Ok so I am really confused now. In mid-September we did the e-request to say that we didn't receive the official 18 month extension. We explained that we received a courtesy notice stating the official notice went to our lawyer, but that we did not file with a lawyer and we never received an official copy. 

Here is what we received back two weeks ago. We were hoping this means that they will send us a new official copy that has 18 months validity instead of 12 months.  

On  09/2018 , you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your I-751 to notify us that you have not received a Receipt Notice that our electronic systems show was sent to you. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved. 

On 12/2017, we have mailed your Receipt Notice to the most recent address we have on file and it was not returned by the U. S. Postal Service as undeliverable.  As a courtesy, we will mail you another copy of the notice.

We have not received anything in the mail. The other weird thing is that when I login to the new USCIS account page, I don't see anything in the history stating that we submitted a service request or that a new notice was being mailed. One person who got the same e-mail as us said that they had all of this in their account after they did the e-request and they did receive the original letter very quickly. 

Edited by LTGermany

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I received a courtesy copy only also. I made an infopass appt and she looked over my 12 month (original) and 18 month (courtesy) and looked up something in their system then gave me a 12 month stamp. She returned all letter and my intact green card and said if it wasn’t processed by the time the stamp ran out to come back and get another. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.