LiliBurd

Received Courtesy copy not official notice.

102 posts in this topic

I received a letter today stating that my conditional resident status is now extended 18 months due to delays instead of the 12 months. At the beginning of the letter, for the first time ever in all the notices we have received it says this:  "We have mailed an official notice about this case (and any relevant documentation) according to the mailing preferences you chose on Form G-28, Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Accredited Representative. This is a courtesy copy, not the official notice."

I do not or have I ever had an Attorney. Anyone else that has had this happen? I plan on trying to contact someone on Monday... any other suggestions? 

Thank you 

''No matter how painful distance can be, not having you in my life would be worse''

August 16 2013: Started dating

July 6 2014: Got engaged! (L)

I received the same letter today. I also do not have an attorney. My guess is that we will receive the official copy in the mail in the coming days. Or perhaps we won't! Definitely threw me off as well, but I'm not too worried.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

probably just a form letter they mail to everyone. covers their bases whether petitioner did themselves, or has attorney or filing company.

There do not type individual letters per case

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

This extension letter ( 18 months ONE) has no water-mark like one I received when I received one year extension.  Last visit to India, they checked under light for water mark inside the letter.  So, this 18 months letter without water-mark might be an issue- ANY COMMENTS

I will give it a week to see if I get anything by mail and then try contacting someone. 

''No matter how painful distance can be, not having you in my life would be worse''

23 hours ago, LiliBurd said:

I received a letter today stating that my conditional resident status is now extended 18 months due to delays instead of the 12 months. At the beginning of the letter, for the first time ever in all the notices we have received it says this:  "We have mailed an official notice about this case (and any relevant documentation) according to the mailing preferences you chose on Form G-28, Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Accredited Representative. This is a courtesy copy, not the official notice."

I do not or have I ever had an Attorney. Anyone else that has had this happen? I plan on trying to contact someone on Monday... any other suggestions? 

Thank you 

Same here. Please keep us posted on their response when you contact them. Thanks. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

We used an attorney (same attorney we used for K1 and AOS). Our attorney received the official, watermarked letter that can't be duplicated or it comes out looking faded and doesn't capture the watermark. We received the letter like the one posted here that states it is a courtesy copy. We retrieved the official letter from our attorney. Our attorney received the official letter first and we received the courtesy copy two days later. I would be a bit concerned to received the letter stating that the official letter was sent to address on file for G-28. Then again, maybe the other one will be forthcoming.  

On 8/11/2018 at 3:13 PM, LiliBurd said:

Thank you 

LiliBurd - did you contact USCIS about this? What did they say?

3 minutes ago, LTGermany said:

Has anyone received the official 18 months extension letter with a watermark and you did not use an attorney for your 751 petition? Wonder if this is only impacting those who didn't use an attorney to file?

I don't think the below person used an attorney but it looks like he/she will be getting a watermarked extension letter in the mail today.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/630584-i-751-april-2017-filers/?do=findComment&comment=9327896

21 minutes ago, Mredkey said:

LiliBurd - did you contact USCIS about this? What did they say?

Did not have time today. I will give it a few days, hopefully we get the official notice in the next few days.

27 minutes ago, LiliBurd said:

Did not have time today. I will give it a few days, hopefully we get the official notice in the next few days.

I did contact them today and got no resolution. The agent confirmed that i did not have an attorney on file, and then he tried to convince me that the paper i received is fine... I guess i will give it a couple of days before calling again. Please let me know if you decide to call.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.