LiliBurd

Received Courtesy copy not official notice.

102 posts in this topic

Hi everybody!

Have y’all notice the “where to file” address doesn’t show either CSC or VCS anymore on the website???  I wonder if this is another reason of delay???

For the ones who received the 18-month courtesy letter: did you ever received the official notice? 

I’m in TX Jan’18 filer and received courtesy letter. 

There is no consistency on 18-Month Extension notices!

We had a mother applicant with two children included on her I-751.  

1) Mother received a 18-month courtesy copy (I-797C NOA) and no Official NOA.

2) Child #1 received an official 18-month extension (I-797 NOA) and no courtesy copy.

3) Child #2 did not receive any of these 18-month notifications.  

All three were were approved a few weeks ago.

Edited by Y3+E

I recently filled out the "non delivery of notice" and received this response yesterday...

"The status of this service request is:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) sent you a notice of receipt for the Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (Form I-751) that you filed.  Recently, you informed USCIS that you did not receive that receipt notice.  Per your request, we have mailed a duplicate receipt notice to the address provided with this inquiry.  Please confirm your current address with your local United States Postal Service office and follow the instructions on the notice."

I don't know if that's a generic response, but hopefully they are sending the original I-797 18 month extension letter since we only got the copy. We got the original receipt when they received the I-751 package last year (August 2017 filer).

2 hours ago, ITSec14 said:

I recently filled out the "non delivery of notice" and received this response yesterday...

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) sent you a notice of receipt for the Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (Form I-751) that you filed.  Recently, you informed USCIS that you did not receive that receipt notice.  Per your request, we have mailed a duplicate receipt notice to the address provided with this inquiry.  Please confirm your current address with your local United States Postal Service office and follow the instructions on the notice."

I don't know if that's a generic response, but hopefully they are sending the original I-797 18 month extension letter since we only got the copy. We got the original receipt when they received the I-751 package last year (August 2017 filer).

The response I got was more detailed but it's basically the same. I got the original 18-mo. extension letter a few days after I received the e-mail from USCIS.

6 minutes ago, ITSec14 said:

What did your email say? If you don't mind me asking.

On --/--/2018, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your Form I-751 to notify us that you have not received a Receipt Notice that our electronic systems show was sent to you. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved. 

On --/--/2017, we have mailed your Receipt Notice to the most recent address we have on file and it was not returned by the U. S. Postal Service as undeliverable.  As a courtesy, we will mail you another copy of the notice.

What You Can Do
* Ensure that we have your current mailing address; 
* Verify that you are registered to receive mail at the address you provided to us; 
* Follow any instructions on the notice;"

Based on that e-mail, it doesn't look like they have it on their system that they sent a courtesy copy. I only tried filling out the "non-delivery notice" if it would work, if not I would have my passport stamped instead.

5 minutes ago, ilpsandloulou said:

On --/--/2018, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your Form I-751 to notify us that you have not received a Receipt Notice that our electronic systems show was sent to you. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved. 

On --/--/2017, we have mailed your Receipt Notice to the most recent address we have on file and it was not returned by the U. S. Postal Service as undeliverable.  As a courtesy, we will mail you another copy of the notice.

What You Can Do
* Ensure that we have your current mailing address; 
* Verify that you are registered to receive mail at the address you provided to us; 
* Follow any instructions on the notice;"

Based on that e-mail, it doesn't look like they have it on their system that they sent a courtesy copy. I only tried filling out the "non-delivery notice" if it would work, if not I would have my passport stamped instead.

So you didn't even get the courtesy copy either?

1 minute ago, ITSec14 said:

So you didn't even get the courtesy copy either?

I did get the courtesy copy but I don't think it's recorded on their system that they sent me one. My latest case update though shows that they sent the official 18-mo. notice.

57 minutes ago, ilpsandloulou said:

I did get the courtesy copy but I don't think it's recorded on their system that they sent me one. My latest case update though shows that they sent the official 18-mo. notice.

Mine just says the request was processed and closed. Nothing mentioned specifically about the 18 month letter being mailed.

1 hour ago, ITSec14 said:

Mine just says the request was processed and closed. Nothing mentioned specifically about the 18 month letter being mailed.

Mine says "completed". It's on the the email they sent that shows specifically what action they did with your inquiry. "Per your request, we have mailed a duplicate receipt notice to the address provided with this inquiry." You'll get the official notice within a week or less.

The status of this service request is:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) sent you a notice of receipt for the Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (Form I-751) that you filed.  Recently, you informed USCIS that you did not receive that receipt notice.  As of today’s date, we have mailed a duplicate receipt notice to the address provided with this inquiry.

Please note that the Receipt Notice of Action (Form I-797) you will be receiving for your Form I-751 guarantees that your conditional permanent resident status is extended for 18 months beyond the expiration date shown on your Conditional Permanent Resident Card. You may use this document as proof of pendency for employment and travel purposes.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

i got this email 9/28/2018 and as of today NADA, nothing !!! my driver lic is expired and i cant drive and i havent been able to get an infopass !! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.