2,056 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, NJ515 said:

CEAC will show refused until they submit you for the waiver, and then it'll change to Administrative Processing. Give them all the data they asked for like social media accounts and all of that and it will change to AP shortly after.  I hope it's just 2 months for you but we haven't seen that kind of turnaround yet.  Please keep us updated.

For us it's been 1.5 years and the status has never moved to AP. We've not been asked to submit any supplemental documents either but the embassy says that the case is under AP. I think CEAC and the embassy aren't always in sync.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Mnj11 said:

For us it's been 1.5 years and the status has never moved to AP. We've not been asked to submit any supplemental documents either but the embassy says that the case is under AP. I think CEAC and the embassy aren't always in sync.

Which embassy?  Germany for us

NOA1: 26 July 2017

NOA2: 2 February 2018

NVC Received: 13 February 2018

NVC Case # Assigned: 22 February 2018

NVC Left: 27 February 2018

Consulate Received: 1 March 2018

Packet 3 Received: 10 March 2018

Packet 3 Sent: 8 October 2018 (we delayed intentionally)

Interview: 31 October 2018

Currently in AP!!! :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mnj11 said:

Ceac and embassy are definitely not in sync. We submitted the supplemental docs a week after her interview and still in "refused" (9 months ago). Had a senator inquiry inform us the case is in AP. Wouldn't pay much attention to the ceac site. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
22 minutes ago, salhasl said:

Is this something you have read somewhere??

It's common sense. They are asking for our social media so they are probably looking at it. And the amount of things you can show on your social media is a lot. They can see how you were living your life for the past X years with your education and work listed plus photos from every point in your life. Your opinions and other things too.

I - 751 package: 

Sent:                               02/04/22

Received:                       02/10/22

Text notification:          02/14/22

Office:                            MSC

NOA received:               02/22/22

2 hours ago, Nag & Matt said:

It's common sense. They are asking for our social media so they are probably looking at it. And the amount of things you can show on your social media is a lot. They can see how you were living your life for the past X years with your education and work listed plus photos from every point in your life. Your opinions and other things too.

You would be surprised how little role common sense plays in this process. 

In any case I just wanted to see if there was anecdotal evidence of this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
4 hours ago, salhasl said:

You would be surprised how little role common sense plays in this process. 

In any case I just wanted to see if there was anecdotal evidence of this.

I haven't seen anything documented on how they're using (or not using) the data from the DS-5535. A lawyer I spoke with told me he understood it to be a program run by a contracted firm. The only thing I've seen in print is that State has been trying to develop an automated social media analysis tool since 2017, and hope to have it operational no later than the end of September, 2019. I'm sure it will be online in time and under budget, and will miraculously clear away all of our backlogged AP.  Yeah, right.

NOA1: 26 July 2017

NOA2: 2 February 2018

NVC Received: 13 February 2018

NVC Case # Assigned: 22 February 2018

NVC Left: 27 February 2018

Consulate Received: 1 March 2018

Packet 3 Received: 10 March 2018

Packet 3 Sent: 8 October 2018 (we delayed intentionally)

Interview: 31 October 2018

Currently in AP!!! :(

On 7/7/2019 at 10:38 AM, NJ515 said:

CEAC will show refused until they submit you for the waiver, and then it'll change to Administrative Processing. Give them all the data they asked for like social media accounts and all of that and it will change to AP shortly after.  I hope it's just 2 months for you but we haven't seen that kind of turnaround yet.  Please keep us updated.

I sent them an email . This is the reply from the US embassy. The wait is killing me :(

WhatsApp Image 2019-07-07 at 6.jpg

3 hours ago, Ameen2019 said:

I sent them an email . This is the reply from the US embassy. The wait is killing me :(

WhatsApp Image 2019-07-07 at 6.jpg

If the council told u that , then hopefully it’s good news , don’t worry about others cases there are a lot who have gotten theirs in a month some two some three some 4 it’s different for everyone. My advice to u is that don’t read a lot about it coz it’s a headache and check the ceac updates and hopefully things will change for u soon. 

20 hours ago, paret3169 said:

Anyone use a lawyer or on your own prepare a “waiver packet”?  Is that a real thing? Or does the consular office determine eligibility of a waiver at the interview?

Dont waste your money on a waiver packet. If you want write up a letter addressing each of the three prongs but chances are they wont take it. I am assuming this is for a spousal Visa 

On 7/10/2019 at 7:22 PM, paret3169 said:

That’s what I’ve been reading. And yes spousal visa

Ok this might help u . What my lawyer did was that he made some of my fiancé’s relatives and friends write down letters about our relationship and how bad we wana be with each other and them saying how he’s a great man and stuff like that and each one signed their letter and put down their address. That was what my lawyer planned for me but then it turned out that my visa category didn’t require a waiver coz it wasn’t under the banned category, so I never used them. I don’t know if it works or not but I was just giving u an idea of it. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.