changbaihou

How many months of joint bank statement should I submit?

12 posts in this topic

I saw some people submitted 3 months of joint bank account statement and some people submitted 2 years! It will be pretty thic.!

plus I will also submit credit card monthly statement.

So how many months of these 2 statement is enough?

Thank you!

👆 Let's go to this thread to discuss the timelines in Nebraska (LIN) center! 👆

13 minutes ago, changbaihou said:

I saw some people submitted 3 months of joint bank account statement and some people submitted 2 years! It will be pretty thic.!

plus I will also submit credit card monthly statement.

So how many months of these 2 statement is enough?

Thank you!

Mine I submitted quarterly from the beginning of our joint account, so you will just submit 8 bank statements for the whole 2 years.

59 minutes ago, EireneFaith said:

Mine I submitted quarterly from the beginning of our joint account, so you will just submit 8 bank statements for the whole 2 years.

Good idea! Did you also submit the Credit Card monthly statement?

3 minutes ago, changbaihou said:

Good idea! Did you also submit the Credit Card monthly statement?

No i did not submit any credit card statement because it is named to mu husband only. Are you applying Removal of Condition?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

We submitted two years of statements from one joint account, last 3-4 statements from another joint account along with a letter from this bank indicating that it has been established and active fro over 2.5 years. For this account we also sent deposit slips made by both of us, checks to IRS etc.

For credit cards we didn't send any statements, just printouts from online banking showing account owner and authorized user and copies of actual cards.

48 minutes ago, John&Maria said:

We submitted two years of statements from one joint account, last 3-4 statements from another joint account along with a letter from this bank indicating that it has been established and active fro over 2.5 years. For this account we also sent deposit slips made by both of us, checks to IRS etc.

For credit cards we didn't send any statements, just printouts from online banking showing account owner and authorized user and copies of actual cards.

Thanks. 

Why people don't think credit card statement is important? because it doesn't show the money source?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
Just now, changbaihou said:

Thanks. 

Why people don't think credit card statement is important? because it doesn't show the money source?

I believe because otherwise it's going to be too many pages of statements plus credit cards are under only one account holder who is responsible for it and it's not like joint bank account.

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
41 minutes ago, changbaihou said:

Thanks. 

At our AOS interview the IO actually made copies of our cards (which had the same number) and added them to the file.  Credit card statements if joint are good evidence of shared financials.

We did every three months of bank statements from the month before marriage all the way to filing.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I sent 3 months... we have had a joint bank account for 8years tho. What i did do was go to the bank get then to write a letter stating I've been on the account since 'x' date and year to show I've been on the account longer than just the 3 months of statements I sent in.

April 8th: AOS sent

April 11th: Recieved at Chicago lockbox [Day 0]

April 25th: NOA1 date (never recieved e-notifications) [Day 14]

April 29th: NOA1 hard copy recieved in the mail [Day 18]

May 9th: "Fingerprint fee recieved" [Day 28]

May 12th: Reciept number's start working on USCIS case status website [Day 31]

May 20th: Biometrics letter recieved [Day 39]

June 1st: Biometric appointment [Day 51]

​November 12th: Interview letter received ​[Day 216]

December 1st: Interview day! APPROVED [Day 235]

December 5th: Case status changed from "fingerprint fee received" to "Approved" post dated Dec 1st [Day 239]

Received approval letter in the mail for Green card [Day 239]

December 6th: "Card was mailed to me" [Day 240]

December 8th: Green card received in mail!!! [day 242]

On 8/3/2018 at 3:03 PM, Nitas_man said:

At our AOS interview the IO actually made copies of our cards (which had the same number) and added them to the file.  Credit card statements if joint are good evidence of shared financials.

Our credit card statements only listed my name, so we only sent copies of our cards showing the same account numbers.

I sent in everything from the January before I moved (it was a joint account at that time) to the day I filed.  So about 2.33 years.  Yes every statement.  I took out unnumbered pages (like copies of checks that had cashed.)  All in all our file was maybe 2" thick which is much less than others.  We didn't have a joint credit card so I didn't include anything from that, but if you do have joint credit cards or credit cards where the other spouse is an authorized user,  you should also include at least quarterly if not monthly statements. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.