dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview September 2018

3,252 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. I am living abroad with my husband. I did his petition for a ir1 visa in the states while visiting. So I sent my original paperwork to uscis. Anyways my husband had his interview two days ago. He left with a piece of paper that said my domicile needed to be proven. 

When I had sent my oringal paperwork I only included a copy of my passport. The officer said that I should have sent the petition from the country I’m living in currently. Any experience with this? He said get domicile proof and send via courier to embassy. He then told my husband that they will continue from where they left off. So another interview? What should I send? Will those papers go back to the Nvc? Should I expect a long process? Thanks everyone. 

Again I’m looking for anyone who has had this or

something like this happen to tell me how long this usually takes. Like do the documents go back to the states or stay in the embassy. Will there be another interview? 

1 minute ago, Zelixx said:

So you mean to say ,copy of my husband's passport is not enought even though he is a USC?

Yes. If you have lived abroad for more than two years. That’s what was said to him. 

Even if you provide new evidence for us they wouldn’t even look at it. I think it had to be sent through the uscis. 

Aso they said said I shouldn’t have sent my papers from the states. Since I’m living abroad I should have sent it from there. Not sure how that makes sense. So after waiting months for the interview we have to wait again

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
8 hours ago, ABK said:

@WSI Do you know why we need the previous passport? It says on the pic you sent earlier.

For Travel history.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Hahz said:

Yes. If you have lived abroad for more than two years. That’s what was said to him. 

Even if you provide new evidence for us they wouldn’t even look at it. I think it had to be sent through the uscis. 

Aso they said said I shouldn’t have sent my papers from the states. Since I’m living abroad I should have sent it from there. Not sure how that makes sense. So after waiting months for the interview we have to wait again

If the country that you live has a local office you would have sent them there instead of the lockbox.  

Domicile has to be proven for approval of the visa.   You have to show them  where you will be living in the US.   You could use lease documents  or utility bills anything with your name on it.   Passport does not suffice in this situation because it doesn't show the USC actually lives there.  Without knowing you have a place to live when you arrive they won't issue the visa.

Post questions within this section http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/82-direct-consular-filing-dcf-general-discussion/  it may be more helpful.

Edited by Ahmed&Freda

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Good day everyone

Yesterday my case's status say "At NVC". When I call NVC my case is complete the same day. And the representative say to me expect the P4 ( interview letter)  next week because my embassy isn't too busy. 

Then I expect an interview at the end of September or at beginning of October.

Now I have one question:

How can I know when was sent to us Embassy? 

TIA for your reply. 

1 hour ago, Bluecheck said:

Good day everyone

Yesterday my case's status say "At NVC". When I call NVC my case is complete the same day. And the representative say to me expect the P4 ( interview letter)  next week because my embassy isn't too busy. 

Now I have one question:

TIA for your reply. 

Do you mean when was your file send to embassy? They will send after sechduling a interview date for you. On website it will say at transit. Than at ready means embassy received you file.

Edited by Reqahmed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Bluecheck said:

Good day everyone

Now I have one question:

TIA for your reply. 

When it changes from At NVC to In transit

Hi everyone I got my interview finally ! But I have to do the registering?? When I am in the link for the register they said the date available for my interview  but the nvc scheduled my appointment so I’m scared if registering my interview they can change my date bc they have a date more far than mine so I am little bit confused 🤷🏻‍♀️ someone know something about it? Is the consulate in Venezuela Caracas. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
1 hour ago, Virprincess said:

Hi everyone I got my interview finally ! But I have to do the registering?? When I am in the link for the register they said the date available for my interview  but the nvc scheduled my appointment so I’m scared if registering my interview they can change my date bc they have a date more far than mine so I am little bit confused 🤷🏻‍♀️ someone know something about it? Is the consulate in Venezuela Caracas. 

most likely it's asking u to register yourself, choose location of passport pick up & book biometrics appointment

MY JOURNEY INTO GETTING A FIRST-TIME GREEN CARD, RENEWING A GREEN CARD, AND OBTAINING U.S. CITIZENSHIP:

I-130: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/08/23/my-spouse-visa-process-and-timeline-ir1-cr1/ From Colombia 🇨🇴

I-751: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/09/12/i-751-joint-petition-to-remove-conditions-on-residence/From Japan 🇯🇵 (Military spouse overseas)

N-400: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2022/08/03/3430/ From Japan 🇯🇵 

BLOG:  https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/inmigr/   

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.