2,949 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Tony1912 said:

Thank you so much, I will try to do the same. Do you know approximately how long they are processing i-485 for vawa?

Per USCIS: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/home

11.5 Months to 29 Months

I'm not sure how accurate this is for us as VAWA applicants... It may be different on a case by case basis. 

Edited by nap_o

13 minutes ago, Tony1912 said:

Thank you so much, I will try to do the same. Do you know approximately how long they are processing i-485 for vawa?

There is no special I-485 for VAWA processing. It’s just I-485 processing. This is different for every local office. Look at your local office’s processing times. 

For example, if it says 9-12 months, use the first number in the time range, here 9 months, and count from VAWA approval date. This will give you a rough estimate of when to expect an interview. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Tony1912 said:

How long have you been waiting for? I've been trying to make an infopass appointment to check how long the processing time is, but it's impossible. There are no appointments for this office..

3months 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
22 minutes ago, nap_o said:

I went without an appointment and they helped. Just be very clear and make sure you ask someone who knows about VAWA

So what did they says to you or have you been scheduled?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Dejoy said:

So what did they says to you or have you been scheduled?

I went because my I-360 is still pending which I had originally filed in Houston TX but I have an existing pending I-485 here in Miami. I wanted to check if they changed my address on their system and removed the attorney who helped me file VAWA case. They confirmed the info has been changed but Vermont Center still sends the documents to the lawyer's office so it's nothing more than confusing to me...

Edited by nap_o

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
52 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

There is no special I-485 for VAWA processing. It’s just I-485 processing. This is different for every local office. Look at your local office’s processing times. 

For example, if it says 9-12 months, use the first number in the time range, here 9 months, and count from VAWA approval date. This will give you a rough estimate of when to expect an interview. 

I dont get it iwillsurvive i thought we count from the date the I 485 reach the local office

11 minutes ago, Roms2017 said:

I dont get it iwillsurvive i thought we count from the date the I 485 reach the local office

Yes technically you do but a lot of the time there is no online update for that and you might not know exactly the day that it gets to your local office. That’s why it’s easier to count from your VAWA approval date but it is obviously just an approximate way to measure the time. 

Filed: Other Timeline
3 hours ago, aquila said:

Renew it asap with copies of the current 180 day extension. In your cover letter please state that you never received your ead card and you only had 180 days extension notice of which you have included a copy.

Thanks Aquila for your response. But i got the 180-days auto extension as a result of the I765 renewal that i sent back in March 2018. The status just shows "As of July 2018, we completed our review of your fingerprints and are working on your Form I-765".

Edited by TeaCee

4 hours ago, TeaCee said:

Hello All, I am new here. Congratulations to everyone that has been approved. For WE waiters, God will see us thru. Below is my timeline:

MAR 2017 - Filed I360, 1485, I765

MAY 2017 - I765 APPROVED (c9)

NOV 2017 - I360 & I485 DENIED (because of No Good Moral Char. from my home country)

DEC 2017 - Attorney Filed appeal including Good moral character.

FEB 2018 - I360 & I485 REOPENED

MAR 2018 - I765 (c9) Renewal sent

MAY 2018 – RECEIVED 1797C with 180days Auto Extension (which will end NOV ending)

I called the 1800 number and I was given Vermont address to contact them.

What do I do? I have 2 weeks till the 180-days extension expires. PLEASE HELP!

can i ask why " no good moral character" from your country? would not you try to go court there and dismiss your case and get good moral character ?

5 minutes ago, ilyanyc said:

can i ask why " no good moral character" from your country? would not you try to go court there and dismiss your case and get good moral character ?

I already got it and was included in the appeal as it was the only reason the I360 was denied which was strange to me. Anyway I360 was reopened back in Feb 2018 and the waiting continues. 

15 minutes ago, ilyanyc said:

I think you misunderstood. I believe it means that she did not submit police clearance from her country, not that she submitted a document stating she was not a person of good moral character. She has no case in her home country, she just did not request/submit police clearance from there initially. 

17 minutes ago, TeaCee said:

Thanks Aquila for response. But it i got the 180-days auto extension as a result of the I765 renewal that i sent back in March 2018. The status just shows "As of July 2018, we completed our review of your fingerprints and are working on your Form I-765".

Yes that's correct. I experienced the same situation my last renewal. And once I followed the procedure I posted earlier I got my card within a month.

7 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

I think you misunderstood. I believe it means that she did not submit police clearance from her country, not that she submitted a document stating she was not a person of good moral character. She has no case in her home country, she just did not request/submit police clearance from there initially. 

Exactly @iwillsurvive

50 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

This is really getting me scared.

Have been in the US for 2 years and I only submitted police clearance from the US and not from my home country .

my question is that should I get one ASAP and should I sent it to Vermont if  RFE is issued or not .

Thanks for your help @all @iwillsurvive@sandraj

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.