2,949 posts in this topic

Good Morning Everyone!!

I did an InfoPass yesterday about my change of address and there was no record of it. The officer just wrote a note in my file with the new address because he couldn't change it in the system. The office were I had my I-485 interview(were i asked to hold it till I-360 approval) is close to the office for my new jurisdiction so he said that since they started my interview process there they might finish it there even thought its not my jurisdiction. He suggested that I wrote a letter to them inquiring about my change of address. 

Now I'm so lost about my case. I was approved on Sept 5th and I have my approval notice in hand but I haven't received any updates regarding the I-485 transfer and I still receive emails that my case is under review. I don't know what to do now. I feel like this whole address change created a mess for my case and it's just going to delay it. 

Should I write a notarized letter to Vermont? Just going over the whole situation? 

@iwillsurvive

@sandranj

20 minutes ago, sandranj said:

You can submit form l485 for your child, don’t file l765. If your child is under 14.Work permit is issued to work.

Dear Sandranj!

Good morning! you are very sweet and helpful attorney. Thanks for your answering my question this morning . I am so happy to submitting these documents today with your guidance!   

Additional question: 

what will happens if I apply EAD for my other son who is 11 just for apply a SSN based on the EAD, then I can apply insurance and file tax this year? Is it okay if I apply EAD card for him ? or will hurt my case ?

Thanks very much dear Sandranj! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hope everyone is doing well.

I filed VAWA years ago and now I'm a citizen. 

If anyone needs help let me know, you can DM me. I would like to return the favor in any way that I can .

:)

10 minutes ago, Czzr said:

Hope everyone is doing well.

I filed VAWA years ago and now I'm a citizen. 

If anyone needs help let me know, you can DM me. I would like to return the favor in any way that I can .

:)

Wow that's so nice to know..thank you so much..i sent you a DM though..😊

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
18 hours ago, genius2003 said:

Hello everyone today I got an update in my case saying “new card is being produced “ in my I-360 status. But I didn’t get any file a 485 yet or have and interview. Can anybody tell me what does means? Please 

thank you 

E034F0A1-501C-43DC-8790-6FCC2791F325.jpeg

Congrats, it usually means that your VAWA has been approved! god is good!!!

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
14 hours ago, Claudia16049 said:

@sandranj

@iwillsurvive

Hi Sweetie,

i need help please .please give me some idea and suggest . I Ameri so worry about it .

sep-30-2018 I went to Texas Identogo do criminal History record , for police clearance .

But I have one reject charge criminal in the history record.

i am worry about that will be effect me Vawa case . I not yet submit to the USCIS .

Do you think so effect my vawa case ? How can I remove this rejects charge in my history record?

I have One case in sep-30-2016 , I ex called police , he was  lie to police officer , and then police pick me in the jail .after 2days I get out from county jail . In the Court day , I went to court house outside ,the police officer in there .they said already reject it. No charge ,no court date .No need go to court . No filed .

but why I still have this record  in my criminal history record ?

Do you think so effect my vawa case ? How can I remove this rejects charge in my history record? 

First of all you need to go to the Court to know what happened with your case, and then get a CERTIFIED COURT DEPOSITION to submit with your vawa petition.

You need to find out in your State how it works the " EXPUNGEMENT OF A CRIMINAL RECORD" .

Edited by sandranj

Timeline
20 hours ago, genius2003 said:

Hello everyone today I got an update in my case saying “new card is being produced “ in my I-360 status. But I didn’t get any file a 485 yet or have and interview. Can anybody tell me what does means? Please 

thank you 

E034F0A1-501C-43DC-8790-6FCC2791F325.jpeg

You asked mea few  days ago but i just saw your messsage now,sorry about it.

It means your VAWA was approved and they probably issued the work permit category C31.USCIS website is not reliable.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~I've removed 11 posts form this thread that needed to be in a separate thread. That thread has been moved to the appropriate forum https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/15-moving-to-the-us-and-your-new-life-in-america/.  This thread is very specific for VAWA questions. Other questions need to be kept in a thread of their own. Please do not derail and distract this thread again.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Hi guys , my vawa approved last month and my case was transferred to local office but lawyer didn’t send the I864w with my initial application when I asked him last week he said we can bring it to the interview. I just wanted to know is it ok to bring it to the interview or should I send it now. Someone plz help me to find the answer.

thanks

1 hour ago, Dharmaraj said:

Hi guys , my vawa approved last month and my case was transferred to local office but lawyer didn’t send the I864w with my initial application when I asked him last week he said we can bring it to the interview. I just wanted to know is it ok to bring it to the interview or should I send it now. Someone plz help me to find the answer.

thanks

You can bring it to the interview. 

7 hours ago, sandranj said:

First of all you need to go to the Court to know what happened with your case, and then get a CERTIFIED COURT DEPOSITION to submit with your vawa petition.

You need to find out in your State how it works the " EXPUNGEMENT OF A CRIMINAL RECORD" .

@sandranj

Dear Sandranj 

Thank you so much help me answer my questions 

1: I have “notice of dismissed “ from court on dec-2016.

Do you think so this is “CERTIFIED COURT DEPOSITION “?

”expungement of a criminal record “ need attorney help me . I think so I don’t know how to do it .i was talk to attorney before , they said need charge  $900 will be help me expungement  and sealing this case . this price is too high or is normal ?

My vawa attorney alway said it is doesn’t matter, he said because I ha e “notice of dismissed “, he is not very professional,  last time mar-2018 he have submit my I-485 to Uscis , Uscis return all document . He was submit 2nd time Uscis accept it .i am not very true his suggest  for mysel criminal history record .

Thank you so much 

Hello everyone,

I’ve been lurking for while and I decided to join now because I needed clarification on something my lawyer told me. Am April 2018 filer. My timeline is 

April 2018 filled I 360 and I got a receipt notice two weeks after filling

June 2018 got a rfe for good moral character, I did a FBI background check

August 2018 rfe received two weeks later I got my prima facie

I didnt file concurrently because my current immigration status is withholding of removal and my lawyer said I have to wait for wava to be approved first. He said he will then file a motion to reopen my withholding case with the immigration judge who granted me the withholding. He will also file the AOS with her since she has jurisdiction over my case. My question is, has anyone here heard about this or is in The same  situation as me. Also will that prolong my process.

I been here for 18 years now, I was a minor when I came on a visitor visa. Never traveled outside of the country. In 2009, I filled for asylum but the judge gave me withholding instead of asylum because I missed the one year deadline. I have a social and a work permit that I renew every year. I went through a lot and am looking forward to a happy ever after, I hope we all get great news at the end of our journeys 

Timeline
9 hours ago, Luckynumber3 said:

Hello everyone,

I’ve been lurking for while and I decided to join now because I needed clarification on something my lawyer told me. Am April 2018 filer. My timeline is 

April 2018 filled I 360 and I got a receipt notice two weeks after filling

June 2018 got a rfe for good moral character, I did a FBI background check

August 2018 rfe received two weeks later I got my prima facie

I didnt file concurrently because my current immigration status is withholding of removal and my lawyer said I have to wait for wava to be approved first. He said he will then file a motion to reopen my withholding case with the immigration judge who granted me the withholding. He will also file the AOS with her since she has jurisdiction over my case. My question is, has anyone here heard about this or is in The same  situation as me. Also will that prolong my process.

I been here for 18 years now, I was a minor when I came on a visitor visa. Never traveled outside of the country. In 2009, I filled for asylum but the judge gave me withholding instead of asylum because I missed the one year deadline. I have a social and a work permit that I renew every year. I went through a lot and am looking forward to a happy ever after, I hope we all get great news at the end of our journeys 

Once Vawa is approved your attorney has two options,a) ask the Uscis counsel to join the notion to terminate proceedings and then adjust status with USCIS, b) file a motion to reopen and adjust status with the Court.  Most attorneys prefer option “a”.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Timeline
On 10/10/2018 at 9:46 AM, Ingodshands94 said:

Good Morning Everyone!!

I did an InfoPass yesterday about my change of address and there was no record of it. The officer just wrote a note in my file with the new address because he couldn't change it in the system. The office were I had my I-485 interview(were i asked to hold it till I-360 approval) is close to the office for my new jurisdiction so he said that since they started my interview process there they might finish it there even thought its not my jurisdiction. He suggested that I wrote a letter to them inquiring about my change of address. 

Now I'm so lost about my case. I was approved on Sept 5th and I have my approval notice in hand but I haven't received any updates regarding the I-485 transfer and I still receive emails that my case is under review. I don't know what to do now. I feel like this whole address change created a mess for my case and it's just going to delay it. 

Should I write a notarized letter to Vermont? Just going over the whole situation? 

@iwillsurvive

@sandranj

Hi.My case is about the same. Had my approval on May 30th and a infopass 2 months later .  Didnt get any update on the website and not updates about my interview yet. Its been 5 months and still waiting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.