2,949 posts in this topic

what do I need to submit with I 485 based on vawa approval?                                        

Does I 864 w required ?                       

Should I send tax paper  too ?                    

Should I submit marriage certificate or divorce decree or both ?                            

File all applications with Vermont ?          

Can someone tell me please what exactly do I need to submit ?                                    Please advise ..                                       God bless all of you .

12 minutes ago, xoxox said:

what do I need to submit with I 485 based on vawa approval?                                        

Does I 864 w required ?                       

Should I send tax paper  too ?                    

Should I submit marriage certificate or divorce decree or both ?                            

File all applications with Vermont ?          

Can someone tell me please what exactly do I need to submit ?                                    Please advise ..                                       God bless all of you .

On page 8 of the document that I sent you below you can find all the documents that you should send as support for the I-485 form:

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

I hope it helps you!

I got this update today after Sep 20 update.

It means my case is transferred from NBC to local office? 

I still haven't received any notice form my attoney. 

Thank you for your reply.

09/20/2018
sign_icon.png

Your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, was transferred to another office for processing.

Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction

On September 21, 2018, we transferred your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number EACxxxxxx, to another USCIS office. That office now has jurisdiction over your case. We sent you a notice that explains why we moved your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by October 21, 2018, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

4 hours ago, sandranj said:

Folks pay attention in all documents that you are submitting to USCIS, if your name is mispelled wrong in any document that you are submitting to USCIS such as utiliy bill, health/car insutance,bank account, lease agreement etc, YOU MUST INCLUDE police clearance with every single name. For example your name is Mary Lucy Smith, but some bills are showing your name  as Mary Smith, or Mary.L.Smith, or Mary Lucy you have to get police clearance with all name versions ok, even in case of mispelled name.USCIS  will not issue RFE to ask police clearance  anymore,if you do not submit all names used in administrative documents  they will deny your case.

Hello sandranj,

In this Post you said that USCIS will no longer issue new RFE requests for Police Clearance. "USCIS will not issue RFE to ask police clearance anymore."
What you just said I guess it applies to Vawa applications filed after September 11. Could you please clarify this?

On the other hand, I would like to know how it would be possible to obtain a Back ground Check with a name that is not the real name of the person requesting this record, I understand that when you request a record of no criminal record one uses an identity document with his real name.

Thank you very much Sandra for your usual great collaboration !!

Edited by Florecita_Bella

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
3 hours ago, #Godgotthis said:

Hello everyone.

So I had my i485 interview this morning. Scheduled time was 8:30am,  I was called in 9:15am there about. The interviewer was so nice. He asked me the questions that were on my i485 form. He asked me if I am divorce and I said yes. He took my medical then he asked for my affidavit of support. I told him I didn’t know that I needed one and he said he is not sure if I do but he was going to look into I later. If its required he will request it in writing. 

He later handed me the interview result, which states that the case will be reviewed. 

Congratulation, vawa petition doesn't need any affidavit of support

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
5 hours ago, sandranj said:

You won't have problem because is expired,but you MUST renew your passport.You can't attend AOS interview later on with an expired passport.

Thanks  dear Sandra,God bless you richly 

4 hours ago, Florecita_Bella said:

On page 8 of the document that I sent you below you can find all the documents that you should send as support for the I-485 form:

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

I hope it helps you!

I really appreciate your help .. Thank you very much .. I got all information which I need except one thing confusing Me only this part  which it says NOTE: VAWA-based applicants for adjustment of status are exempt from Affidavit of Support requirements; however, 
each applicant must include Form I-864W with the adjustment application. So the question is Do I have to submit I 864w or not ? I 864 w required ? 

4 hours ago, Roms2017 said:

Congratulation, vawa petition doesn't need any affidavit of support

Congratulations .. I have been reading this paragraph it's confusing NOTE: VAWA-based applicants for adjustment of status are exempt from Affidavit of Support requirements; however, 
each applicant must include Form I-864W with the adjustment application. So I don't know the affidavit of support i 864 required or not ? 

24 minutes ago, xoxox said:

Congratulations .. I have been reading this paragraph it's confusing NOTE: VAWA-based applicants for adjustment of status are exempt from Affidavit of Support requirements; however, 
each applicant must include Form I-864W with the adjustment application. So I don't know the affidavit of support i 864 required or not ? 

You have to complete the form i-864W which means you do not need affidavit of support. i-864W  replaces form i-864 for VAWA applicants 

39 minutes ago, xoxox said:

I really appreciate your help .. Thank you very much .. I got all information which I need except one thing confusing Me only this part  which it says NOTE: VAWA-based applicants for adjustment of status are exempt from Affidavit of Support requirements; however, 
each applicant must include Form I-864W with the adjustment application. So the question is Do I have to submit I 864w or not ? I 864 w required ? 

That question I think it's better for someone with more experience than me to help you.
I believe that I-864W is sent along with Form I-912 which is the Form to request the fee waiver. It is where you explain who is responsible for your financial support.
You should check this with someone else ...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.