Nat&Amy

NVC to interview in Rio, Brazil

588 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

There are some concerns that the Dr is dealing with and trying to determine or make sense of what he is seeing.    The old exam provides a baseline of what was seen at that date.     The medical exam and Consulate Interview has an intention to disclose all history to the petitioner and also to gain awareness around what medical care is needed in the US.    Be patient as best as possible as this blip may be a good thing.    Keep positive.  🙂 

Timeline

12/ I2/18 NOA1 - I129F

05/20/18 Consulate Received

07/16/19 Consulate Interview (We could have scheduled 6/11) 

10/31/19 POE - Dallas DFW

11/19/19 Social Security Card - Applied

12/20/19 Social Security Card - Received

12/31/19 Marriage 

01/02/20 Social Security Card - Changed Name

01/11/20 G1145, I485, I864, I131, i765 - FedEx - Sent

01/13/20 Texas DL - Passed Written Test and Received Driving Permit with Restrictions

01/15/20 Texas DL - Passed Driving Test and Received Temporary DL - Restrictions Removed

01/14/20 G1145, I485, I864, I131, I765 - Fed Ex - Delivered

01/17/20 NOA1 - I485, I131, I765 - Notice Date

01/21/20 Apply for Capital One Secured Credit Card to Establish Credit File to buy Auto

01/21/20 The 3 USCIS Text Received (7 Days Later)

01/22/20 Funds pulled from account by ACH Debit  $1225 (8 Days Later)

01/27/20 NOA1 - I485, I131, I765 - Received in the Mail

01/28/20 90 Day K1 Admittance and Driver License Expire

01/28/20 Renew DL - Use NOA1

01/15/2021  Status changed to Interview Scheduled

01/22/2021  Interview Noticed Received in the Mail

2/23/2021  Interview for the I485 and verbal Approval

2/24/2021  I485 Status changed:  New Card is being approved

2/26/2021  I485 Status changed:  Card Was Mailed To Me

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Mwkaasj said:

There are some concerns that the Dr is dealing with and trying to determine or make sense of what he is seeing.    The old exam provides a baseline of what was seen at that date.     The medical exam and Consulate Interview has an intention to disclose all history to the petitioner and also to gain awareness around what medical care is needed in the US.    Be patient as best as possible as this blip may be a good thing.    Keep positive.  🙂 

Then I wish the doctor would clearly express those concerns to my fiance so that we can make a plan to deal it!  He is stressed out to the max about this whole process! 

I-129F packet sent = 06/15/2018

I-129F NOA1 = 06/21/2018

RFE = 12/19/2018

RFE response = 01/12/2019

I-129F NOA2 = 01/19/2019

NVC received = 02/14/2019 ♥️

Embassy received = 03/07/2019

Interview = 05/07/2019  Requested more documents.  Returned beneficiary's passport to him. Submitted documents 6/3/19. Email received saying they were received.

Emailed Consulate = 08/02/2019 asking about visa. Received email stating they had never received the documents. Sent documents again. 

Phone call from consulate = 08/07/2019 saying they were approving the visa. Fiancé has to send them his passport. 

Passport returned to consulate (in person) = 

Visa received = 09/05/2019

Entry into USA = 10/24/2019

Married = 11/23/2019

AOS sent =

Timeline
4 hours ago, Mococatx said:

So the latest in the saga:

Backstory - Fiance had his medical exam in late March or early April at the doctor in Sao Paulo.  Thought everything was taken care of on that point. Bloodwork, X-ray, one vaccine.  Nothing further was said or provided. 

Biometrics appointment on April 30.  While he was at the appointment he received a call from the doctor's office:  "We made a mistake. You need three more vaccines." He went and paid to get three more vaccines.  

So...

This past Monday, after (finally) getting the additional documents requested by the consulate, and preparing to return to his hometown, the doctor's office calls again:  "We need a copy of the sonogram you had on your liver two years ago."  He says they asked him during his exam if he had ever had health problems and if he had an exam of this type in the past.  He had.  All was normal.  End of questioning.  No mention was made at the time of needing another sonogram or wanting a copy of the old one. 

Now, over a month later they want this information to be able to finalize his medical exam.  

🤬

Nothing in this process is going the way it should.

For a K1?  Technically he doesn’t need any vaccinations for K1, only for AOS

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Chair_force1 said:

For a K1?  Technically he doesn’t need any vaccinations for K1, only for AOS

They told him he needed MMR, Varicella and flu vaccine.  

Well, IF we get to the point of AOS he should be in good shape. 

I-129F NOA1 = 06/21/2018

RFE = 12/19/2018

I-129F NOA2 = 01/19/2019

Interview = 05/07/2019  Requested more documents.  Returned beneficiary's passport to him. Submitted documents 6/3/19. Email received saying they were received.

Emailed Consulate = 08/02/2019 asking about visa. Received email stating they had never received the documents. Sent documents again. 

Phone call from consulate = 08/07/2019 saying they were approving the visa. Fiancé has to send them his passport. 

Married = 11/23/2019

AOS sent =

On 5/22/2019 at 3:05 PM, Mococatx said:

They told him he needed MMR, Varicella and flu vaccine.  

Well, IF we get to the point of AOS he should be in good shape. 

Best to take care of vaccines in Brazil and have the doctor transcribe them on the ds3025, make sure he gets a copy. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

An update on medical and interview in Rio for anyone going through this soon.  My husband's interview was scheduled for June 12 in Rio for CR-1.  He started by setting the medical appointment and they set it for June 7 to allow for 5 days to send the results to the consulate after the exam.  They also asked for blood and urine tests before the medical so those were set for June 4, and an X-Ray for June 6, at labs near the doctor's office in Rio.  My husband registered the interview on the CASV website for Brazil as required, entered the preferred pick-up or shipping method for the visa and preferred mailing address, and also set the biometrics appointment for June 10.  He's traveling to Rio June 3 to be there June 3-13 to do all of this, and I'm flying down June 6 to be with him for the medical, biometrics, and interview on June 12--fittingly, Valentine's Day in Brazil!  We're hoping all goes well so that he can get the visa a few weeks after the interview, give his 40 day notice at work, take care of personal business before leaving, and fly to California in August.  I'll post an update after his interview on all of this after it happens in hopes that it will be useful to someone later.  Good luck everyone with your interviews!

Timeline
12 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

An update on medical and interview in Rio for anyone going through this soon.  My husband's interview was scheduled for June 12 in Rio for CR-1.  He started by setting the medical appointment and they set it for June 7 to allow for 5 days to send the results to the consulate after the exam.  They also asked for blood and urine tests before the medical so those were set for June 4, and an X-Ray for June 6, at labs near the doctor's office in Rio.  My husband registered the interview on the CASV website for Brazil as required, entered the preferred pick-up or shipping method for the visa and preferred mailing address, and also set the biometrics appointment for June 10.  He's traveling to Rio June 3 to be there June 3-13 to do all of this, and I'm flying down June 6 to be with him for the medical, biometrics, and interview on June 12--fittingly, Valentine's Day in Brazil!  We're hoping all goes well so that he can get the visa a few weeks after the interview, give his 40 day notice at work, take care of personal business before leaving, and fly to California in August.  I'll post an update after his interview on all of this after it happens in hopes that it will be useful to someone later.  Good luck everyone with your interviews!

Thanks!!!! My interview is at 15th June

Timeline

Just in case for future followers.    Below received on 5/29/2019.   Packet 3 email.    Email was received 9 days after Consulate received and signed for package through DHL from NVC.

Dear applicant:           

The U.S. Consulate General in Rio de Janeiro has received your petition for a K visa.  Congratulations – you are one step closer to your visa interview.  Please follow the instructions below to prepare for your visa interview.

Please read the following Information carefully to ensure you are fully prepared on the day of your interview. In order to avoid any unnecessary delays, please bring all of the documents listed here

Pay special attention to the documents below as these are the documents that can often delay visa applications if not submitted correctly.

·         Recent Police Certificate from the Federal Police 

·         Recent Police Certificate from the “Secretaria de Segurança Pública” Here is the link for how to procure the correct police certificates: https://br.usembassy.gov/visas/list-public-security-secretariats/

Scheduling process step-by-step:

1-       Fill out the DS-160 . A completed DS-160 is required for every applicant.

2-       Register at the scheduling site.  You will need your case number that was provided to you by the National Visa Center (NVC)- this is a 10-digit number that will most likely begin with “RDJ.”  Make sure you are in the “Immigrant Visa” section of the website and select the option that states: “I HAVE RECEIVED A LETTER FROM THE CONSULAR SECTION WITH INSTRUCTIONS TO REGISTER OR SCHEDULE A K VISA APPOINTMENT.”

3-       Choose your preferred delivery option for receiving the visa if your application is approved and enter your address if you choose home delivery.  If you wish, you may choose to pick up your visa at one of the Applicant Service Centers (ASC/CASV).

4-       Pay the required fee.  Every applicant is required to pay the fee.

5-       Schedule an appointment for your interview at the United States Consulate General in Rio de Janeiro and an appointment to provide your fingerprints and photograph at one of the ASC offices prior to your interview at the Consulate.

6-       Print your confirmation page and bring it to the Consulate General on the day of your immigrant visa interview. 

All K visa applicants, regardless of age or gender, must have a medical examination with one of our authorized panel physicians before their interview at the Consulate General.  We recommend you schedule your medical exam at least one week prior to your interview date.  A list of the panel physicians and additional instructions are available here.

Please note that you must complete the procedures described above for each dependent in your case.  For example, if you are applying with your two children, you will need to follow these steps three separate times--one time for each person applying.

Best Regards,

Caro(a) solicitante de visto,

O Consulado Americano do Rio de Janeiro recebeu sua petição para visto K. Parabéns. Você  está um passo mais perto de sua entrevista. Por favor siga as instruções abaixo para preparação adequada para a entrevista de visto.

Por favor, leia e siga cuidadosamente as informações a seguir para certificar-se que você estará preparado(a) para a sua entrevista. Para evitar atrasos desnecessários, por favor traga todos os documentos listados aqui

Preste atenção especialmente nos documentos abaixo. Uma vez que estes são os documentos que podem atrasar mais sua aplicação caso não sejam submetidos corretamente.

·         Atestado de Bons Antecedentes da Polícia Federal, recente.

·         Atestado de Bons Antecedentes da Secretaria de Segurança Pública, recente.

Verificar o link: https://br.usembassy.gov/pt/visas-pt/noivos/a-entrevista/

Para informações de como obter os documentos.

Passo-a-passo do processo de agendamento:

1.       Preenchimento do formulário DS-160 . Um DS-160 é requerido de cada solicitante.;

2.       Registre-se no site de agendamento. Você precisará do número do seu processo que foi enviado pelo National Visa Center (NVC) – este número possui 10 dígitos e em geral começa com “RDJ”. Favor verificar se você está na página correta do site, referente a “vistos de imigrantes” e escolha a opção que diz: “SOU UM(A) SOLICITANTE DE VISTO K E NECESSITO AGENDAR UMA ENTREVISTA”.

3.       Escolher a forma a forma que deseja receber o passaporte e o pacote de visto de volta, caso seu requerimento de visto seja aprovado. Você deverá fornecer o seu endereço caso deseje entrega em domicílio ou optar pela retirada em um dos Centros de Atendimento ao Solicitante de Visto (CASV/ASC);

4.       Pagar a taxa MRV requerida. Todos os solicitantes deverão pagar uma taxa cada;

5.       Agendar a sua entrevista no Consulado do Rio de Janeiro e um agendamento em um dos Centros de Atendimento aos Solicitantes de Visto (CASV) para coleta de biometria e entrega da foto antes de sua entrevista no Consulado.

6.       Imprimir sua carta de confirmação e trazê-la no dia da sua entrevista no Consulado.

Todos os requerentes de visto K, independente de idade ou sexo, tem que se submeter a um exame médico, com um médico referenciado, antes da data da entrevista.  Recomendamos que você agende sua visita ao médico com pelo menos uma semana de antecedência da data da sua entrevista.  A lista dos médicos referenciados bem como instruções adicionais estão disponíveis aqui.

Favor notar que o processo descrito acima deverá ser completado para cada dependente em seu processo. Exemplo. Se voce estiver solicitanto visto para você e seus dois filhos, você precisará seguir estes passos três vezes, um para cada pessoa.

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Consulate General | Rio de Janeiro

JC

“Please note that the information regarding this visa case is protected from disclosure under Section 222(f) of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1202(f), and in accordance with that law, may only be used for the “formulation, amendment, administration, or enforcement of the immigration, nationality, or other laws of the United States and is consistent with INA Section 222(f), 8 U.S.C. 1202(f)”.

Official 

UNCLASSIFIED

Timeline

12/ I2/18 NOA1 - I129F

12/31/19 Marriage 

01/13/20 Texas DL - Passed Written Test and Received Driving Permit with Restrictions

01/15/20 Texas DL - Passed Driving Test and Received Temporary DL - Restrictions Removed

01/21/20 Apply for Capital One Secured Credit Card to Establish Credit File to buy Auto

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 5/20/2019 at 11:35 PM, A and F Brazil said:

I'm completely in panic with that comment. I have the interview next day 18, and I'll go by myself. My fiancee US Citizen is working this day and won't be able to come.
If I go alone there, is there more chances to be denied?😣

Its better to go alone. 

Timeline

Update after visa interview on May 7:

Medical exam completed (over a month and a half after seeing the dr.) and additional documents submitted.  Finally.  Waiting on Administrative Processing. 60 days until we can inquire began Monday.

Not sure how things will go from here because they gave him his passport back after the interview along with the request for more documents.

Glad that things have gone smoothly for almost everyone else.  That's what we expected, too.  Such is life.

I-129F NOA1 = 06/21/2018

RFE = 12/19/2018

I-129F NOA2 = 01/19/2019

Married = 11/23/2019

AOS sent =

Timeline
On 5/30/2019 at 1:06 AM, carmel34 said:

HI my interview  will be on Jun 12th also good luck for us all everything  will be ok.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

The K1 Visa experience today was very positive.    We did make sure that all of our documents were in order per the Packet 3 email links.     Passport, Birth Certificate Original AND copy, Police Reports, Medical Sealed Envelope, I134 form and the Sworn Statement signed there in front of the assistant.      

We were asked these questions:    

How did you meet?  Facebook

When did you meet?  6/29

When did the relationship start?  We met in person 1st and then decided we wanted to be together.    

How many times have you met in person?     5 Total   4 times by Petitioner coming to Navegantes Brazil and 1 time by meeting in London.

Then she said...  Thank you for providing the other documents requested.  We have what we need to make a decision and your Visa is Approved.        

It was probably a 5 minute discussion.     What took longer was working with one person to verify and organize our documents in a way that they wanted to review them.  Then there was another guy that re organized them to verify them a second time and then he placed the documents in another folder.     All was very smooth and fast.        We left my phone at a Key Stand Alone Stand in the alley of the Consulate and payed him R$30 to place them in a bag and hold it until we got out of the Consulate building.    No electronics are allowed inside the building.  

Timeline

12/ I2/18 NOA1 - I129F

12/31/19 Marriage 

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Leaving my overall experience in this thread for future reference

Medical: I did my medical in Brasilia (I live here). It was very easy, the doctor's secretary was very helpful and friendly, the blood tests and x-ray are all done in the same building. I was able to use my health insurance for all exams, which was cool (less money to spend). The doctor is also very nice, explained everything to me, gave me the "vaccination record" we are supposed to bring at POE. Overall, good doctor place to go, if you live around Brasilia area

Interview: CR-1 Interview, easy, quick, they didn't ask me many questions (when and how we met, how many times we saw each other). Embassy was very busy, but everything was organized, expect waiting for few hours. Appointment was at 8:20, arrived that 7:30-ish, left 9:30-ish

Visa Delivery: I paid for the premium delivery thing, it arrived 3-4 BUSINESS days after they shipped it (from Rio to Brasilia!), so if you live in a city where there is a CASV to pick it up, I wouldn't recommend it. Not as fast as I expected, for the price I paid.

On 8/13/2019 at 2:20 PM, luneta said:

Leaving my overall experience in this thread for future reference

Medical: I did my medical in Brasilia (I live here). It was very easy, the doctor's secretary was very helpful and friendly, the blood tests and x-ray are all done in the same building. I was able to use my health insurance for all exams, which was cool (less money to spend). The doctor is also very nice, explained everything to me, gave me the "vaccination record" we are supposed to bring at POE. Overall, good doctor place to go, if you live around Brasilia area

Interview: CR-1 Interview, easy, quick, they didn't ask me many questions (when and how we met, how many times we saw each other). Embassy was very busy, but everything was organized, expect waiting for few hours. Appointment was at 8:20, arrived that 7:30-ish, left 9:30-ish

Visa Delivery: I paid for the premium delivery thing, it arrived 3-4 BUSINESS days after they shipped it (from Rio to Brasilia!), so if you live in a city where there is a CASV to pick it up, I wouldn't recommend it. Not as fast as I expected, for the price I paid.

The vaccination records (ds3025) is NOT to be handed to the officer at poe. It’s yours to keep, it’s great as history for when you go to the doctors here.

Timeline
On 8/14/2019 at 7:24 PM, p-ana said:

The vaccination records (ds3025) is NOT to be handed to the officer at poe. It’s yours to keep, it’s great as history for when you go to the doctors here.

They did ask to collect it at my POE though, but gave me a copy of it back

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.