Nat&Amy

NVC to interview in Rio, Brazil

588 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello, everyone.

The K1 process has suffered quite a few changes re. waiting times in 2018 and as I was browsing through the forum I did not find many recent entries of people sharing their experience after getting the case number from the NVC.

A few questions to those of you that have already been able to schedule an interview:

1) Did you wait for the Consulate to e-mail you to schedule your interview?

2) Has anyone been able to book an appointment while their case was IN TRANSIT?

I appreciate your help! :) 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

1- Yes, consulate will send your fiancee (USC) the instructions and will also email the beneficiary the process for scheduling the interview.

2- I have not done that, specially since the IN TRANSIT shouldnt take long since everything is eletronically now a days. I would wait and follow the normal process.

Let me know if you have any additional questions ....came from Brazil and went through the same process, so can help if needed

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Timeline
1 minute ago, T_P said:

1- Yes, consulate will send your fiancee (USC) the instructions and will also email the beneficiary the process for scheduling the interview.

2- I have not done that, specially since the IN TRANSIT shouldnt take long since everything is eletronically now a days. I would wait and follow the normal process.

Let me know if you have any additional questions ....came from Brazil and went through the same process, so can help if needed

Thanks for the quick reply, T_P! 

Wow, 93 days from your NOA1 to NOA2, how things can change in a year... :o

I think the Consulate in Rio is very organized and helpful. From the reviews I read, the interview process is also very straightforward as well.

Another advantage is that the famous "Packet 3" is in their website already, including the instructions to schedule an interview. So I was just curious about what other applicants have done and how things turned out for them. :) 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, p-ana said:

Best to wait for the consulates email. There were a few people some time ago that tried scheduling interviews before they were told to and they were not able to 

Thanks p-ana! When you say "they were not able to", do you mean they were not able to book the interview, or they were able to book the interview and had problems afterwards?

As far as I know the system prevents you from booking interviews when your case is "AT NVC" but once it goes to the Embassy the block is no longer in effect. Nowadays, the Consulate website include instructions as to how to schedule your own appointment and what documents to take to the interview, and from the timelines I see here on VJ I can tell some filers opted to schedule their interview prior to receiving packet 3. I am very interested in hearing about their experience, hence this topic!

I searched for recent threads but could not find any. If you still have the link for the cases you mentioned, could you please share? Your help would be be greatly appreciated. :)

4 hours ago, Nat&Amy said:

Thanks p-ana! When you say "they were not able to", do you mean they were not able to book the interview, or they were able to book the interview and had problems afterwards?

As far as I know the system prevents you from booking interviews when your case is "AT NVC" but once it goes to the Embassy the block is no longer in effect. Nowadays, the Consulate website include instructions as to how to schedule your own appointment and what documents to take to the interview, and from the timelines I see here on VJ I can tell some filers opted to schedule their interview prior to receiving packet 3. I am very interested in hearing about their experience, hence this topic!

I searched for recent threads but could not find any. If you still have the link for the cases you mentioned, could you please share? Your help would be be greatly appreciated. :)

I thought they tried to schedule the interview without the case being “ready”. But anyway, here’s the thread. Couldn’t find the other one but I’m pretty sure it’s the same issue.

hey guys. so glad for this thread. im a bit confused. hopefully you guys can help me. so i already have my RDJ letter and i found an agency in sao paulo and they filled out my ds160 and i payed the fee already. they said next week i can book my interview. is that correct?

bc my fiance checked the nvc website and it says something different. we cant find brasil on the website. were a bit lost. 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Annlee21 said:

hey guys. so glad for this thread. im a bit confused. hopefully you guys can help me. so i already have my RDJ letter and i found an agency in sao paulo and they filled out my ds160 and i payed the fee already. they said next week i can book my interview. is that correct?

bc my fiance checked the nvc website and it says something different. we cant find brasil on the website. were a bit lost. 

Hi, when you say RDJ letter you mean you got an email from the NVC saying your documents were forwarded to the Consulate in Rio? The system will not allow you to book an appointment while your status is "AT NVC", have you checked the CEAC website?

I have not used the services of an agency but if they say they "paid the fee" I am assuming they already booked the interview for you?

There are no fees to pay when you submit the DS 160, only when you schedule the appointment at the CSRA.

1 hour ago, Nat&Amy said:

Hi, when you say RDJ letter you mean you got an email from the NVC saying your documents were forwarded to the Consulate in Rio? The system will not allow you to book an appointment while your status is "AT NVC", have you checked the CEAC website?

I have not used the services of an agency but if they say they "paid the fee" I am assuming they already booked the interview for you?

There are no fees to pay when you submit the DS 160, only when you schedule the appointment at the CSRA.

yes. i checked the website it says in transit. the fee im talking about it the interview fee.

is that correct?

bc on the website i read today it says ds260. then where ever i read it says ds160.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Annlee21 said:

yes. i checked the website it says in transit. the fee im talking about it the interview fee.

is that correct?

bc on the website i read today it says ds260. then where ever i read it says ds160.

It is the DS 160. The instructions on the Brazilian Embassy website about the K1 specifically have lots of instructions about the DS 160, you might be looking at the wrong website.

The USD 265 fee is only paid when you access the system to schedule the interview. You can't pay the fee "in advance". You pay at the moment of scheduling, not before, not after.

So if the agency charged a fee for filling out the DS 160, it's either a fee for their services or they are not being clear with you about their procedure.

The Consulate will send you an email with instructions when your documents get to them. I would really like to hear feedback from Brazilian applicants who have scheduled their interview while their case was in transit, but apparently none of them come to the forum anymore. :(

3 minutes ago, Nat&Amy said:

It is the DS 160. The instructions on the Brazilian Embassy website about the K1 specifically have lots of instructions about the DS 160, you might be looking at the wrong website.

The USD 265 fee is only paid when you access the system to schedule the interview. You can't pay the fee "in advance". You pay at the moment of scheduling, not before, not after.

So if the agency charged a fee for filling out the DS 160, it's either a fee for their services or they are not being clear with you about their procedure.

The Consulate will send you an email with instructions when your documents get to them. I would really like to hear feedback from Brazilian applicants who have scheduled their interview while their case was in transit, but apparently none of them come to the forum anymore. :(

ok. so one more thing does my fiance need to send the mail affidavit forms to the nvc or anywhere else? we just need it at the interview?

Timeline

ok. so one more thing does my fiance need to send the mail affidavit forms to the nvc or anywhere else? we just need it at the interview?

He should send the affidavit documents to you.

You will be taking them with you along with the other documents on the list on the day of the interview.

Unlike other Embassies, the Consulate in Rio asks you NOT TO SEND any documents to them prior to your interview.

Feel free to ask other questions if you need any help :)

1 minute ago, Nat&Amy said:

He should send the affidavit documents to you.

You will be taking them with you along with the other documents on the list on the day of the interview.

Unlike other Embassies, the Consulate in Rio asks you NOT TO SEND any documents to them prior to your interview.

Feel free to ask other questions if you need any help :)

oh thats why we couldnt find brasil on this other website. so far i had the agency fill out my ds160 and i did the blood work at the lab the consulate asks. i also paid the interview fee this friday. they told me that once thats cleared then can book my date. should i wait until it says ready ?

Timeline

oh thats why we couldnt find brasil on this other website. so far i had the agency fill out my ds160 and i did the blood work at the lab the consulate asks. i also paid the interview fee this friday. they told me that once thats cleared then can book my date. should i wait until it says ready ?

Oh, you already did your medicals?

If you are in Sao Paulo, the only doctor you can go to is Dr. Furbetta and he asks for an interview date before scheduling your appointment. What date did you give him? Make sure you don't finalize your medicals too ahead of time because you will need them for your AOS and they only last for one year.

As to the interview fee, this is still the part that I don't get. If you paid the interview fee then you should have already picked a date because everything is done on the same website, the ais.usvisa-info.com. You get an email confirming payment and an email confirming the appointment. So I don't really see how you can pay now and book later. 

As to booking your interview while "ready", that is something I am also trying to find out. Still hoping other applicants will show up to share their stories, we'll see!

1 minute ago, Nat&Amy said:

Oh, you already did your medicals?

If you are in Sao Paulo, the only doctor you can go to is Dr. Furbetta and he asks for an interview date before scheduling your appointment. What date did you give him? Make sure you don't finalize your medicals too ahead of time because you will need them for your AOS and they only last for one year.

As to the interview fee, this is still the part that I don't get. If you paid the interview fee then you should have already picked a date because everything is done on the same website, the ais.usvisa-info.com. You get an email confirming payment and an email confirming the appointment. So I don't really see how you can pay now and book later. 

As to booking your interview while "ready", that is something I am also trying to find out. Still hoping other applicants will show up to share their stories, we'll see!

I know right. I have seen some previous post of people booking it without it being in the embassy but I think I´m going to wait until I see a ready. I´m in Brasilia just the agency I hired is in Sao Paulo. The doctor here is Dr. Carlos. his secretary told me he would see me with out the interview date as long as I know that its happening soon. But the only day he has is on august 7th. So I´m hoping by then my case will be in RIO so I can book it and have a date. So one last time for me to be sure. The only thing that needs to done after the approval and the case number is completing the ds160, paying the fee and waiting for the case to get to rio. Meanwhile collecting all the documents they ask for to show at the interview. Correct?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.