40 posts in this topic

I have Global Entry and TSA precheck here in the US, am a regular overseas traveler over the past 35 years under VWP and GC between US and Australia... and every 18 months or so I get the Special  SSSS when departing Australia.. a 63 year old grey haired  grandma is obviously a significant threat !!! Go figure! 😎

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
On 7/20/2018 at 8:42 PM, Dee elle said:

I have Global Entry and TSA precheck here in the US, am a regular overseas traveler over the past 35 years under VWP and GC between US and Australia... and every 18 months or so I get the Special  SSSS when departing Australia.. a 63 year old grey haired  grandma is obviously a significant threat !!! Go figure! 😎

Likewise, we too have Global Entry. I was told that if I get SSSS again, it means my name in some sort of International list and I should contact DHS to remove it.

On 7/20/2018 at 5:42 PM, Dee elle said:

This is because TSA has to make sure they don't "PROFILE".  I have seen 2 and 3 year old children selected for random further screening.  While a Muslim woman/or man wearing clothing covering every part of the body except for the eyes get through with no problem. (after all who knows who is under all the clothing?)   TSA is not even allowed to look at the persons face.  But they are forced to screen senior men and women and infant children.  When was the last time you saw an 85 year old blue eyed Swede being a bomber?  Just sayin...

1 minute ago, David & Zoila said:

This is because TSA has to make sure they don't "PROFILE".  I have seen 2 and 3 year old children selected for random further screening.  While a Muslim woman/or man wearing clothing covering every part of the body except for the eyes get through with no problem. (after all who knows who is under all the clothing?)   TSA is not even allowed to look at the persons face.  But they are forced to screen senior men and women and infant children.  When was the last time you saw an 85 year old blue eyed Swede being a bomber?  Just sayin...

Yes I agree. My 86 year old mother got SSSS on her last trip here a few years ago... I think it is a combination of random, discrete sampling, and specific. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
4 minutes ago, David & Zoila said:

Well, one of the largest bombings on American soil was committed by a white man with blue eyes, but he was younger.

I liked the approach when I went through Amsterdam last, everyone got a VERY thorough pat down.   No discrimination can be claimed then.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

David & Zoila,

It is very unfortunate that your single out Muslims wearing clothing covering every part of their body. People have right to dress in accordance with their faith. 

The TSA know what  they doing, you can judge a person by the way he/she dress.

You statement is bigotry 

1 hour ago, Ras Ous said:

David & Zoila,

It is very unfortunate that your single out Muslims wearing clothing covering every part of their body. People have right to dress in accordance with their faith. 

You statement is bigotry 

It is not bigotry at all.  It is a FACT.  I see it all the time at the airport.  I have no problem with people dressing as they wish HOWEVER there is no way for TSA to verify if the person hidden under all those clothing items is the person picture in the ID they present.  I am not singling out Muslims.   And in this case the TSA does not know what they are doing and they have no choice.  I think EVERYONE, Catholics, Baptists, Mormons and Muslims alike should have to show their face so that TSA can do their job.  It's just ridiculous.  And I repeat, I am not a bigot.  I love everyone and I do not base my love on the persons religion.  GOD Bless,  david   

Edited by David & Zoila

1 hour ago, N-o-l-a said:

Well, one of the largest bombings on American soil was committed by a white man with blue eyes, but he was younger.

I liked the approach when I went through Amsterdam last, everyone got a VERY thorough pat down.   No discrimination can be claimed then.

We are specifically talking about people going through TSA checkpoints.  I assume you are speaking about Timothy McVeigh.   He was an American domestic terrorist who perpetrated the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing, which killed 168 people and injured over 680 others.  You are trying to compare apples and oranges here.  His case does not apply to the problem TSA faces every day.

Edited by David & Zoila

9 hours ago, Ras Ous said:

David & Zoila,

You statement is bigotry 

I agree his post is full of bigotry but I disagree that the TSA know what they're doing. I think there was a test recently and they let something like 90% of passengers carrying banned and dangerous items. 

9 hours ago, N-o-l-a said:

I don't see what's to like about that. It sounds very annoying and intrusive. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 hour ago, Orangesapples said:

I don't see what's to like about that. It sounds very annoying and intrusive. 

As somebody who spent over a decade getting selectively screened and then sometimes patted down at the gate as well, it didn't bother me.

My in-laws never wanted to transit through their again and thought it was awful.  

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.