Ani2

Enter to US with k1

25 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.

I have my flight in 6 days. It will be my first time to go in the US. I am beneficiary with k1 visa. I heard some people had some kind of problems on the boarder when they arrived to the US airport. I very nervos. What do they ask on the airport ? Can you please share your experience. Thank you

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

There you go....Good luck

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/5.2

5.2)...What happens when we get off the plane? 
A..You will queue up with all the others going through Immigration. You might be directed to a waiting area until the other passengers are gone. Your sealed envelope will be opened, your passport will be stamped, and your I-94 is issued electronically. The officer may ask a few questions, and may say "Welcome to the United States". It doesn't take long. You leave the Immigration area, and then proceed through Customs. 
Although your actual processing may not take long, if you must make a connecting flight then you better allow plenty of time, maybe as long as 3 or 4 hours at a major airport where the queues may be long, and the distance between terminals even longer. 

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

23 minutes ago, T_P said:

There you go....Good luck

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/5.2

5.2)...What happens when we get off the plane? 
A..You will queue up with all the others going through Immigration. You might be directed to a waiting area until the other passengers are gone. Your sealed envelope will be opened, your passport will be stamped, and your I-94 is issued electronically. The officer may ask a few questions, and may say "Welcome to the United States". It doesn't take long. You leave the Immigration area, and then proceed through Customs. 
Although your actual processing may not take long, if you must make a connecting flight then you better allow plenty of time, maybe as long as 3 or 4 hours at a major airport where the queues may be long, and the distance between terminals even longer. 

Thank you so much

I agree with the above. 

You get off the plane and go through immigration. An immigration officer will go through your paperwork, take your picture, scan your fingerprints, and might ask you a few questions. In my experience, it's mostly just making sure you are who you are and the initial input of information. From there, you will pick up your luggage and continue on your journey. Even if taking a connection, you will have to pickup your luggage then, cross border control, and then put your bag back in the baggage system. 

2 minutes ago, GreatDane said:

I agree with the above. 

You get off the plane and go through immigration. An immigration officer will go through your paperwork, take your picture, scan your fingerprints, and might ask you a few questions. In my experience, it's mostly just making sure you are who you are and the initial input of information. From there, you will pick up your luggage and continue on your journey. Even if taking a connection, you will have to pickup your luggage then, cross border control, and then put your bag back in the baggage system. 

Wich picture will they take? 

4 minutes ago, Dee elle said:

Arriving internationally into the US, they will always  do face photo and fingerprints , same as at your interview... on every entry, not just your first 

Oh okay, i thought i need to bring some pictures with me..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

You may want to familiarize yourself with the items you are prohibited from bringing across the border, as well, just to avoid any hassle. The POE is where you'll have to declare you're not carrying any prohibitted items and your bags may be checked. My fiance is afraid she won't be able to find here many of the vegetables and seafood she's accustomed to and had grand plans of bringing many different food items and even seeds for starting a garden. She thought I was joking with her when I started telling her all the things she can't bring. It's ok, though, she'll be amazed when she see's our international farmer's market 😁

4 hours ago, VisaCode said:

You may want to familiarize yourself with the items you are prohibited from bringing across the border, as well, just to avoid any hassle. The POE is where you'll have to declare you're not carrying any prohibitted items and your bags may be checked. My fiance is afraid she won't be able to find here many of the vegetables and seafood she's accustomed to and had grand plans of bringing many different food items and even seeds for starting a garden. She thought I was joking with her when I started telling her all the things she can't bring. It's ok, though, she'll be amazed when she see's our international farmer's market 😁

Oh , yea i know that i can' bring any vegatables, or seeds. Also i haven't planed to bring stuff like this. Good luck to you and your fiance. I hope so that she will find another interesting seeds in US to make a garden 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Some people are taken into secondary inspection where they are being asked questions, while others get their questions already when walking up to the first immigration officer. So it can happen either way, and it's nothing to be worried about.

I had travelled to the US several times on ESTA before moving and it was very easy everytime. Entering on my K-1 was almost easier than entering as a tourist. You'll be perfectly fine.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

My fiance just arrived on the 9th and they treated him like it was his final interview. Ask a few basic questions like what he does for a living, what I do for a living, how many children he has, and have we set a date and if so when. Very friendly and told him congratulations.

2 hours ago, Brittani said:

My fiance just arrived on the 9th and they treated him like it was his final interview. Ask a few basic questions like what he does for a living, what I do for a living, how many children he has, and have we set a date and if so when. Very friendly and told him congratulations.

Great. Congratulations. Good luck 

3 hours ago, Paul & Marina said:

what city in US will your plane land?

Chicago

4 hours ago, Scandi said:

Some people are taken into secondary inspection where they are being asked questions, while others get their questions already when walking up to the first immigration officer. So it can happen either way, and it's nothing to be worried about.

I had travelled to the US several times on ESTA before moving and it was very easy everytime. Entering on my K-1 was almost easier than entering as a tourist. You'll be perfectly fine.

Thank you. I hope so that everything will be fine. 

18 hours ago, Ani2 said:

Hello everyone.

I have my flight in 6 days. It will be my first time to go in the US. I am beneficiary with k1 visa. I heard some people had some kind of problems on the boarder when they arrived to the US airport. I very nervos. What do they ask on the airport ? Can you please share your experience. Thank you

Good Luck- you have made it this far and you are almost there. I remember the excitement for me coming in to my wife (previously fiancé) in April this year.

It is normal to be nervous- I was and I had the experience of travelling to the US many times but always as a tourist so you just never know what to expect. Everything everyone has told you so far is pretty much what to expect, pretty standard questions. You seem to have a good grasp of English so that will really help you once you have to speak to the officers. You need to be aware that once you go through the first officers (the ones who open the yellow envelope) they will do a few checks and then send you to the second processing where you will be further questioned-be aware you may be waiting some time in this room depending on number of people staffing this and the number of passengers to process. I was waiting about an hour! My bags were waiting for me at the luggage carousel. Don't let this stress you out as you cant control this bit- let your fiancé know ahead of time to expect this as you don't use your phone in the secondary processing. The questions they ask you there are similar to your K1 interview- nothing crazy so the fact you have passed those means you will be fine :) Enjoy your flight!

4 minutes ago, kiwihurricane15 said:

Good Luck- you have made it this far and you are almost there. I remember the excitement for me coming in to my wife (previously fiancé) in April this year.

It is normal to be nervous- I was and I had the experience of travelling to the US many times but always as a tourist so you just never know what to expect. Everything everyone has told you so far is pretty much what to expect, pretty standard questions. You seem to have a good grasp of English so that will really help you once you have to speak to the officers. You need to be aware that once you go through the first officers (the ones who open the yellow envelope) they will do a few checks and then send you to the second processing where you will be further questioned-be aware you may be waiting some time in this room depending on number of people staffing this and the number of passengers to process. I was waiting about an hour! My bags were waiting for me at the luggage carousel. Don't let this stress you out as you cant control this bit- let your fiancé know ahead of time to expect this as you don't use your phone in the secondary processing. The questions they ask you there are similar to your K1 interview- nothing crazy so the fact you have passed those means you will be fine :) Enjoy your flight!

Thank you so much. Do i need to take some proofs of relationship with my fiance  , like pictures  or conversations? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.