Greenbaum

July 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,892 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 hours ago, Luna3716 said:

You can go ahead and book the medical with just the case number. There is at least a month long wait to get a medical date. You will need to wait until the case tracker says the case has been received by the consulate and is "ready" to book an interview date. You don't need to wait for anything for London you can do everything yourself now :)

Oh I seen the magical L word! With London, you can go ahead and book the interview whilst in transit. We submitted the DS-160 and followed the steps. 

Knightsbridge have big medical delays as I’m sure you aware. I booked my medical last month and coincidentally have it when I’m on vacation next week in London- so it’s taken about a month to even get a medical. I would definitely ask to join their cancellation list (maybe getting something maybe, very maybe?). In terms of leaving the NVC it took 6 days to go from in transit to ready in London 🙂

Edited by jakejon

3 minutes ago, jakejon said:

Oh I seen the magical L word! With London, you can go ahead and book the interview whilst in transit. We submitted the DS-160 and followed the steps. 

Knightsbridge have big medical delays as I’m sure you aware. I booked my medical last month and coincidentally have it when I’m on vacation next week in London- so it’s taken about a month for a medical lol. In terms of leaving the NVC it took 6 days to go from in transit to ready in London 🙂

Interesting! My fiance did try to book his interview but was unable to. It only switched to "in transit" today so I'll have him try again tomorrow. Maybe the system just needed a day to update.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Luna3716 said:

Interesting! My fiance did try to book his interview but was unable to. It only switched to "in transit" today so I'll have him try again tomorrow. Maybe the system just needed a day to update.

Oh definitely! I think we left in a day or two after switching to ‘in transit’ to book it. Couldn’t believe my eyes when I seen all the August slots available. Then I was thinking maybe so many are free for the K visa because it’s so hard to get a medical quickly at the moment. No definitely worth a go tomorrow or Thursday for sure. I’m in no rush personally. Mid September for an interview is plenty fine for us. Plus no reason for the embassy not to have my medical results as I’ve left a full month in between the two. Jakes coming to the embassy too which is awesome for moral support ❤️

Edited by jakejon

1 minute ago, jakejon said:

Oh definitely! I think we left in a day or two after switching to ‘in transit’ to book it. Couldn’t believe my eyes when I seen all the August slots available. Then I was thinking maybe so many are free for the K visa because it’s so hard to get a medical quickly at the moment. No definitely worth a go tomorrow or Thursday for sure. I’m in no rush. Mid September for an interview is plenty fine. Plus no reason for the embassy not to have my medical results as I’ve left a full month in between the two. Jakes coming to the embassy too which is awesome for moral support ❤️

That is awesome! I would love to go to the interview but I'm not sure I'll be able to make that work. Were there a lot of slots open end of September? My fiance's medical is Sept 11 so was hoping for an interview sometime the end of September. Fingers crossed!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

My CEAC status was recently updated to "transit" and I just received the email saying NVC is sending the approved petition to the Bucharest embassy

So close, the nervousness and excitement is starting to come back.😊

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Luna3716 said:

That is awesome! I would love to go to the interview but I'm not sure I'll be able to make that work. Were there a lot of slots open end of September? My fiance's medical is Sept 11 so was hoping for an interview sometime the end of September. Fingers crossed!

Well I booked the interview around 2 weeks ago. I’m pretty sure there was lots of spaces available for all of September at that point. I’d definitely get on Knightsbridge cancellation list for a possible last min cancellation (if that’s feasible depending on beneficary’s location) and also try going onto the site some stage tomorrow or Thursday. You should 100% get sorted in next 48 hours. London is different in some ways-no packet 3 and you do not have to wait for your status to change to ready! I think the only thing some people say they have got (others say they don’t even or haven’t received it) is a letter of instructions of how to book your interview. Took 10 minutes if even gliding through the site. Also print everything off, like interview confirmation, confirmation of payment of K visa and delivery options. I’m so tight that I’m going to the airport depo to pick up the visa so I don’t have to pay any delivery fees! LOL. Well hey, I’m not going to be working for few months 🤣

Edited by jakejon

Timeline
38 minutes ago, jakejon said:

Knightsbridge have big medical delays as I’m sure you aware. I booked my medical last month and coincidentally have it when I’m on vacation next week in London- so it’s taken about a month to even get a medical. I would definitely ask to join their cancellation list (maybe getting something maybe, very maybe?). In terms of leaving the NVC it took 6 days to go from in transit to ready in London 🙂

Do I need to wait for it to say ‘in transit’ before I book the medical or can I book it when it still says ‘at nvc’? 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Sambar said:

Do I need to wait for it to say ‘in transit’ before I book the medical or can I book it when it still says ‘at nvc’? 

No as soon as you have your case number you can book your medical straight away! ‘In transit’ a day or two before you book your interview (for London anyhow) 

Edited by jakejon

Timeline
1 minute ago, jakejon said:

No as soon as you have our case number you can book your medical straight away! ‘In transit’ a day or two before you book your interview (for London anyhow) 

That’s great thanks! Yes we are going through London too :)  Good luck to you! Look forward to reading how it goes for you 

Edited by Sambar

Timeline
Just now, Sambar said:

That’s great thanks! Yes we are going through London too :) 

Awesome!!! I will say that their is currently a 4 week delay with Knightsbridge at the moment so I’d definately get on it! Also, there is a cancellation waiting list. I didn’t find it useful as I never got one lmao. Medical next Saturday! Finally after waiting one month.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
3 hours ago, Jlomartin said:

Can someone refresh my memory.  When it’s “in transit” how long does it usually take till it’s “ready”?

The time a petition will be in transit can vary significantly by embassy due to distance of travel to make the delivery and the time it takes the local embassy to process the paperwork.   Ultimately it is up to the embassy when they "throw the switch" and flag the status as Ready.   Local holidays can also contribute to the wait time.

In most cases delivery is made via DHL, but some embassies apparently receive an "electronic" copy and may mark it ready after only one day.   In my case, for Bangkok, I am expecting it will take about one week.   You might want to poke around or ask in the Canada subforum to see if you can find more specific information relating to Canada. 

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/93-canada/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
4 hours ago, Naes said:

Good to know. Japan’s Embassy is still quite fast with sending packet 3 especially for Japanese applicants, so Hope that can reach you fast too.

you can always message me or tag quote me here if you have any questions :) (extremely busy with the wedding at this moment but I’m checking if I have any notifications every day)

I got an email with the letter 25 minutes before your response so the NVC was very quick.  Enjoy planning your wedding.  It is something we have not even thought much about as the unpredictability of the immigration timeline.  Maybe Vegas, LOL.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.