lynny

un happy with co worker

37 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I would never be able to work under these conditions. I keep a coffee maker on my desk. (Good to be the boss).

Seriously, other than some engineering labs I've worked in, coffee seems to be an okay thing to have. Is there some saftey issue? I really like my coffee. What do you do?

Twice a coffee cup has turned up on my desk (a big no no)

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
you're being set up. maybe some video surveilance of your desk is in order :whistle:

That is such an awesome idea! No one can ignore that kind of evidence.

I was going to look for that video of the overnight employee that was suspected of odd after hours activity. They set up a hidden cam and caught him... Well think of that song by the Divinyls, 'I touch myself'. OOPS! :blush:

Married on 11/21/06 in her hometown city Tumauini located in the Isabela province (Republic of the Philippines)

I-129 Timeline

12/12/06 - Mailed I-129 package to Chicago Service Center

12/14/06 - Received by Chicago Service Center

12/18/06 - NOA1 notice date from Missouri (NBC)

12/21/06 - NOA1 received in mail

12/27, 12/29, 12/31 - Touches

01/06/07 - Transfered to California Service Center

01/11/07 - Arrived at California Service Center

1/12, 1/16, 1/17, 2/6 - Touches

02/06/07 - NOA2 from California Service Center

02/11/07 - Received NOA2 in mail

02/15/07 - Arrived at the NVC - MNL case # assigned

02/20/07 - Sent to US Embassy in Manila

02/26/07 - Received at Embassy

03/30/07 - Packet 4 received

05/09/07 - Medical scheduled (did early)

05/16/07 - Interview

05/23/07 - Visa Delivered

05/25/07 - POE in Newark, NJ

I-130 Timeline

11/27/06 - Mailed I-130 package to Texas Service Center

11/29/06 - Package received by Texas Service Center

12/06/06 - NOA1 notice date from California Service Center

12/09/06 - Touch

12/11/06 - NOA1 received in mail

02/06/07 - NOA2 from California Service Center

02/11/07 - Received NOA2 in mail (I-130 held at CSC)

--------------------

Pinoy Info Forum - For the members of Asawa.org in diaspora

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Thank you everyone one for your great words of advice

I went through another day of her playing her head games, and was just about to explode when my boss asked to speak to me, He had noticed I wasn’t my happy self and wanted to know if I was ok, I am sitting there saying I am fine just stressed and not telling him the reason why because I had not worked out the best way to say anything without risking my job, when another co worker interrupted and told all for me, Apparently she had seen a few things and didn’t know what to do about it, until she realized how badly it was affecting me

So at the moment the outcome is, the coworker who has been playing these games with me is going to be asked into a round table meeting with my boss, myself, the co worker who had seen things and a HR employee. This is going to happen at 9am tomorrow morning.

I am not sure if the nasty co-worker has been told about the meeting or they will tell her in the morning

Thanks again for all the advice, it is so good to get a range of answers in situations like this

Lynny

Nov 11th 2003 sent i29f form to VSC

Nov 18th 2003 received NOA 1

Jan 17th 2004 NOA 2

Feb 6th 2004 received package 3

March 11th 2004 recieved package 4

April 7th 2004 interview in Sydney

April 7th 2004 VISA GRANTED

April 27th 2004 Arrive in Boston 8.30pm

may 29th 2004 WEDDING DAY

May 11th 2004 applied for SSN

May 17th received SSN card

June 12th 2004 applied for AOS EAD AP

July 7th 2004 NOA received for AOS EAD

August 3rd 2004 Biometrics appt in Rhode Island

EAD approved online Aug 3rd 2004

EAD card arrived in the Mail Aug 9th 2004

started working 13th September 2004

applied for renewal of EAD May 9th 2005

bio appt for EAD renewal June 10th 2005 in Boston

July 6th renewal EAD approved

July 12th 2005 renewal EAD arrived in the mail

Sept 12th AOS suspended until FBI fingerprints are done

Sept 17th FBI fingerprint appt

Oct 14th 2005 AOS interview

Oct 14th 2005 AOS interview success

Filed: Timeline
Thank you everyone one for your great words of advice

I went through another day of her playing her head games, and was just about to explode when my boss asked to speak to me, He had noticed I wasn’t my happy self and wanted to know if I was ok, I am sitting there saying I am fine just stressed and not telling him the reason why because I had not worked out the best way to say anything without risking my job, when another co worker interrupted and told all for me, Apparently she had seen a few things and didn’t know what to do about it, until she realized how badly it was affecting me

So at the moment the outcome is, the coworker who has been playing these games with me is going to be asked into a round table meeting with my boss, myself, the co worker who had seen things and a HR employee. This is going to happen at 9am tomorrow morning.

I am not sure if the nasty co-worker has been told about the meeting or they will tell her in the morning

Thanks again for all the advice, it is so good to get a range of answers in situations like this

Lynny

Oooh...this is going to be interesting. Since both of you have been called in, they're going to want to hear both sides of the story. They're going to give her a fair shake. Be prepared for her to tell all kinds of B.S. lies. Don't overreact and don't scream.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good luck on your meeting tomorrow, maybe this person can understand that you were just doing your job, and you did not mean to hurt her. I hope you both feel better after this meeting.

K

Meet 12/2000; Married 01/2004; AOS 01/2005; R-C 07/2007; Citizen 06/2008
In love for 14 years and happily counting...

Talk to your boss, without pointing fingers bring the subject that things are missing from your desk, stuff are being left over on your desk, and if there's a meeting or something or in a chain letter where you add everybody INCLUDING the person you are suspecting doing it. I am not sure if you have a mailbox one way to put it, IF ANYBODY HAS A DOCUMENT OR SOMETHING FOR ME. Please leave it in my mailbox.

Edited by Nikita2Charles

Gone but not Forgotten!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good luck at your meeting tomorrow. Remember, another employee spoke up for you and explained the problems - you didn't complain - and that will take a lot of wind out of the problem employee's sails. Her poor behaviour has been noted by someone else and has obviously impacted not just you but others. You sound like you have a good relationship with your employer. Tomorrow is the time to be honest, factual and calm during the discussion. You have just been doing your job while this individual has been trying to run interference - actions that may not only have an impact on you but a potentially negative impact on the company. I hope that HR reminds her that she is solely responsible for any disciplinary actions that are taken in regards to her work habits - not you. If she didn't take advantage of the 'rules', then she would not have been 'called' on it. Again, good luck.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Well, the meeting was a waste of time. 10 minutes into the meeting the co-worker burst into tears and claimed that she was being framed by the other co worker who had seen it happens, she ran out of the meeting and went home sick

The workl iasion officer is going to contact her at home to see if she is ok

and myself and the co worker who stood up for me have been asked to give a written statement of our claims and that was the end of that for now

Lynny

Nov 11th 2003 sent i29f form to VSC

Nov 18th 2003 received NOA 1

Jan 17th 2004 NOA 2

Feb 6th 2004 received package 3

March 11th 2004 recieved package 4

April 7th 2004 interview in Sydney

April 7th 2004 VISA GRANTED

April 27th 2004 Arrive in Boston 8.30pm

may 29th 2004 WEDDING DAY

May 11th 2004 applied for SSN

May 17th received SSN card

June 12th 2004 applied for AOS EAD AP

July 7th 2004 NOA received for AOS EAD

August 3rd 2004 Biometrics appt in Rhode Island

EAD approved online Aug 3rd 2004

EAD card arrived in the Mail Aug 9th 2004

started working 13th September 2004

applied for renewal of EAD May 9th 2005

bio appt for EAD renewal June 10th 2005 in Boston

July 6th renewal EAD approved

July 12th 2005 renewal EAD arrived in the mail

Sept 12th AOS suspended until FBI fingerprints are done

Sept 17th FBI fingerprint appt

Oct 14th 2005 AOS interview

Oct 14th 2005 AOS interview success

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
Well, the meeting was a waste of time. 10 minutes into the meeting the co-worker burst into tears and claimed that she was being framed by the other co worker who had seen it happens, she ran out of the meeting and went home sick

and myself and the co worker who stood up for me have been asked to give a written statement of our claims and that was the end of that for now

Lynny

Well, just be a little patient. At least you have finally got the ball rolling. I really doubt your boss will leave this situation hanging.

AOS TIMELINE

02/15/2008 - Mailed Package via Overnight

02/18/2008 - Delivered

02/26/08 - Check cashed

02/28/08 - Received 3 noa's in mail : AOS, EAD and AP, Notice Date 02/25/08

03/11/08 - I-485 Transferred to CSC... EAD and AP still not in online system

03/12/08 - Boimetrics

03/22/08 - Touched

03/24/08 - Touched

04/04/08 - Touched

04/22/08 - EAD card production ordered, AP approval notice sent

04/29/08 - EAD Approval Notice Sent

05/02/08 - EAD arrived in mail

05/09/08 - AP touched

05/13/08 - AOS APPROVED!!!!!!

05/14/08 - AP arrived in mail

05/16/08 - Approval notice sent

05/20/08 - Green Card arrived in mail!!!!! Huge sigh of relief...

Find a time where it's just you and this person. Walk up to them, get right in their face, then tell them with a dead serious face and tone that the only thing stopping you from kicking the living ####### out of them is the fear of losing your job. Then ask them if they want to continue trying to get you fired. Then walk away. Might help to do the Robert De Niro 'got my eyes on you' (from Meet the Parents) motions in their direction from time to time. ;)

Or talk to your boss. :thumbs:

:lol::lol::lol:

smilie_s.gifsmilie_h.gifsmilie_a.gifsmilie_r.gifsmilie_o.gifsmilie_n.gif

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away"

Filed: Timeline

Lynny

She sounds like a total drama queen. There's no way this is over. :unsure:

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I don't miss workplace politics or the drama! In all seriousness, you should make peace with your co-worker. Tell her how sorry you are and how it's a big misunderstanding. Then, offer her a cup of coffee. The only thing. While you make her that cup of coffee, make sure you piss in it first before serving it! Keep your friends close. But keep your enemies closer! Regardless of what she does or says, you'll always know you have the upper hand on her! :devil:

Edited by altimixdj

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Well, at least the troublsome co worker is out of the way for now. I'm sure it will all be sorted out for you soon.

[color=#800080]AOS

Lawyer sent Aos package 07-27-2007

Medical 08-01-2007

Check cashed -08-23-2007

NOA - 08-27-2007

Biometrics scheduled - 09-12-2007

Biometrics for EAD and AOS 09-12-2007

Received RFE for medical and co-sponsor tax returns

(Tax returns were sent) also letter from employer

needed, and last 6 months pay stubs.

RFE: 09-11-2007

Sent RFE back to lawyer 10-10-2007

EAD card production ordered 06-11-2007

EAD received 17-11-2007

Interview date for 01-08-2008[/color]

Approved! Card Production ordered 01-08-2008

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sounds like u have a good boss that cares about his employees (noticed that u were down in the dumps) Hope it turns out well

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1