lynny

un happy with co worker

37 posts in this topic

With any luck they will take a couple of weeks leave of absence or suchlike and in their absence things will return to normal (no cockups no ####### normality) then when they return if they re-start their ###### it will be totally self incriminating.

In the meantime create the report as asked, keep it simple amd straightforward and if you can back it up with evidence - emphasise that it wasn't you who brought this to anyones attention, as you had hoped whatever their problem was would pass, but having been forced to do so be factual. Whatever else keep your cool never cry and pray all will return to normal soon - Good Luck we spend far too long in the workplace to be miserable. (F)

LifeacrossthePond

Removing Conditions (here we go again)

July 27th I-751 sent to Nebraska

July 30th USPS delivered

Aug 22nd check cashed

Aug 23rd I797C received - case been transferred to California

Aug 29th Biometrics Appt Letter arrived

Sept 12th Biometrics Appt Pittsburgh

Sept 24th email notice of Approval - card ordered !!!!!!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Thank you all for your advice,

My boss is wonderful and is proberly the reason I am still there 3 years later and he took time to listen to me when I first arrived in Mass and he gave me the job straight away and has always made sure I was never feeling uncomfortable

The sad part is that this co worker has taken all the confidence I had and the enjoyment I had with the job and distroyed it all, to the point that I now feel it is time for me to move on althought I dont want to because now I will always be watching my back and dont think I want to work in conditions like that

Lynny

Nov 11th 2003 sent i29f form to VSC

Nov 18th 2003 received NOA 1

Jan 17th 2004 NOA 2

Feb 6th 2004 received package 3

March 11th 2004 recieved package 4

April 7th 2004 interview in Sydney

April 7th 2004 VISA GRANTED

April 27th 2004 Arrive in Boston 8.30pm

may 29th 2004 WEDDING DAY

May 11th 2004 applied for SSN

May 17th received SSN card

June 12th 2004 applied for AOS EAD AP

July 7th 2004 NOA received for AOS EAD

August 3rd 2004 Biometrics appt in Rhode Island

EAD approved online Aug 3rd 2004

EAD card arrived in the Mail Aug 9th 2004

started working 13th September 2004

applied for renewal of EAD May 9th 2005

bio appt for EAD renewal June 10th 2005 in Boston

July 6th renewal EAD approved

July 12th 2005 renewal EAD arrived in the mail

Sept 12th AOS suspended until FBI fingerprints are done

Sept 17th FBI fingerprint appt

Oct 14th 2005 AOS interview

Oct 14th 2005 AOS interview success

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I don't miss workplace politics or the drama! In all seriousness, you should make peace with your co-worker. Tell her how sorry you are and how it's a big misunderstanding. Then, offer her a cup of coffee. The only thing. While you make her that cup of coffee, make sure you piss in it first before serving it! Keep your friends close. But keep your enemies closer! Regardless of what she does or says, you'll always know you have the upper hand on her! :devil:

keep in mind that is a felony

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline
Thank you all for your advice,

My boss is wonderful and is proberly the reason I am still there 3 years later and he took time to listen to me when I first arrived in Mass and he gave me the job straight away and has always made sure I was never feeling uncomfortable

The sad part is that this co worker has taken all the confidence I had and the enjoyment I had with the job and distroyed it all, to the point that I now feel it is time for me to move on althought I dont want to because now I will always be watching my back and dont think I want to work in conditions like that

Lynny

If that's the case, then she has won. Is that what you want?

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
you're being set up. maybe some video surveilance of your desk is in order :whistle:

Yes, I agree with you. First thing came to mind is to put a hidden video cam on your desk..

That way you will have clear and no dispute proof she is the one, and her plan will back fire.

That co worker is also opening herself up to legal actions towards herself.

If you go to HR, they have to look into it. and if they fine she is doing what is claim then she will be booted from the company.

Yogi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Thank you everyone one for your great words of advice

I went through another day of her playing her head games, and was just about to explode when my boss asked to speak to me, He had noticed I wasn’t my happy self and wanted to know if I was ok, I am sitting there saying I am fine just stressed and not telling him the reason why because I had not worked out the best way to say anything without risking my job, when another co worker interrupted and told all for me, Apparently she had seen a few things and didn’t know what to do about it, until she realized how badly it was affecting me

So at the moment the outcome is, the coworker who has been playing these games with me is going to be asked into a round table meeting with my boss, myself, the co worker who had seen things and a HR employee. This is going to happen at 9am tomorrow morning.

I am not sure if the nasty co-worker has been told about the meeting or they will tell her in the morning

Thanks again for all the advice, it is so good to get a range of answers in situations like this

Lynny

Looks like your boss it taking it serious and he is handling the situation like he should. By having someone from HR it is being documented and then if it continues, they have soild grounds for firing her.

Good luck with the meeting. I would not expect her to be told until a few minutes before the meeting. that way she wont have time to prepare herself. she will be cought off guard :D

Yogi

PS Dont let t his person interfer with your work habits, cause seems like your boss notice that your work declined.

Dont let that coworker win at any costs, cause if you lose your job cause of bad performance she wins.. :D

Take care

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

This kind of thing scares me, In my professional life I've always been involved with various aspects of security, from soldier to doorman so any problems I've had with coworkers has generally been solved very quickly as we both need to be watching each others arses. But in an office or other such job there is no such camradery (spelling correct?) and it seems everyones just as willing to stick a knife in your back as they are of giving you a hand, I can only say kudos on handling the situation so well so far and to contact your boss, cool or not he has to intervene.

I hope that faced with such an issue I can act maturely and seek the moral high ground and not resort to confrontation, but unfortunately I've got 24 years of that to put behind me :angry:

On the subject of the coffee cup appearing on your desk, get some uv ink / dye and smear it on the handle, and use a blacklight to show who moved it think its safe to say your coworker doesnt have the foresight to wear gloves :innocent: also keep everything under lock and key so your desk is sterile as it can be, personally I like to keep my professional life clean away from my private one for obvious reasons.

Edited by Oath

K3 approved 05/04/07 Leney is happy