renzsha

RFE HELP !!!

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello there everyone ! Its been 2 weeks ago when i response to request for additional evidence im so very nervous why NOA2 is long to arrived and we get approved !!! Help me please !!! Can i ask how many more days or weeks we can wait to approved !!! thank you everyone !!! Sorry im not very fluent english thankyou 

There is no rule saying that they approve the case immediately once the response to RFE arrives.

It can still take a week or month/months.

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Roel said:

There is no rule saying that they approve the case immediately once the response to RFE arrives.

It can still take a week or month/months.

Yeah i know but usually many case got approved after 2 weeks after sending RFE hopefully either this week or nextweek i got approved 

Thanks

Timeline

Anyone of you got rfe and how many weeks or months you approved this 2018 experience about rfe plsss plsss share all of your experience about rfe !!! thanks thanks thanks !!everyone !!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

it could be a few weeks, it could be a few months.

Patience is the name of the game.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi,

We were issued an RFE for initial evidence on March 26 (I believe it was that date at least). We got all the info scraped together and our lawyer got the package out on April 19, and I saw on myUSCIS online account that our case was no longer on hold as of April 24, which is about a one week turn around. However, note that I never got a NOA mailed to us regarding that they had taken our case off hold. I only know it was because I check our case regularly on myUSCIS (go to this website to sign up if you haven't already: https://my.uscis.gov/  and once you have an account, you will need to use the "Add a Paper-filed Case" feature to add all of your receipt numbers that you want to track. We've applied for I-485, I-130, I-765 and I-131 so I entered our 4 separate receipt numbers and receive email alerts whenever something updates, but I also check it regularly). Note the info on myUSCIS sometimes differs from the case tracking info you get on https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/ ; sometimes one gets updated before the other, so I simply keep track of both, just in case. 

Our RFE was a simple matter where they probably missed paperwork that had already been included in the original package, we sent it to them again along with more detail (this year's tax info, individual pay stubs, a letter our lawyer crafted. etc.). I agree with the other advice in this thread: different matters can take different amounts of time to process, and it depends on when they get to your response. Everything seems to be operating slower nowadays, so I wouldn't worry too much, even though it is quite nerve wracking I know. If you haven't already, check the two trackers I linked, myUSCIS and the Case Status tracker, enter your receipt numbers, that may give you some info if they simply didn't send an NOA about the RFE being received/processed. That can be helpful and give you some way to check on things. If not, if you have some postal tracking info that you could use to make sure they received the package, that would be good too! If you are sure the package made it to them, all you can do is just hang in there. Good luck! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

An RFE isn’t a major failure and you don’t get kicked to the back of the line.  Don’t panic.  Once they get the requested information they resume processing.

15 hours ago, renzsha said:

Anyone of you got rfe and how many weeks or months you approved this 2018 experience about rfe plsss plsss share all of your experience about rfe !!! thanks thanks thanks !!everyone !!

I received my RFE March 23rd, we sent in the requested information April 3rd an received our NOA2 April 16th, 2018. No need to be stressed, it won't do anything but make you more nervous. Just be patient. 

16 hours ago, renzsha said:

you need to be patience. it's really no point to stress stuff out.

we got RFE after 6 months waiting then it took us 10 days until we are approved.

maybe you can use other VJs timeline from your country to get estimate what and when about your case will move on. but again, every case is unique so it's no guarantee.

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

- SMS with Case Nr. SRC  and Check cashed July 8, 2020 

- NOA received July 20,2020- NOA dated July 14,2020

-Fingersprinting applied notification - Aug 10,2020

- Card being produced - Nov 2, 2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.