724 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Wiggly123 said:

image.png

Congratulations!

Way to go Tampa office. Minneapolis office shows now 21 months estimated time. Happy for you. Go and celebrate. 

I-130 (Parent)

- Submitted June 2021

- 1st NOA (June 2021)

I-130 (Brother 1)

- Submitted (September 2019)

- 1st NOA (September 2019)

I-130 (Brother 2)

- Submitted (Not yet)

- 1st NOA (Not yet)

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:53 AM, pherNfer said:

Any other Atlanta local office filers? Our wait time for our personalized case says 16 months (December 2019) and the estimate on the website says 11.5 to 21.5 months...bleh. NOA July 3, 2018 online filing.

We actually have same timeline. Submitted mine same day as yours and did my biometrics July 25th lol. Do you think the estimated time on the website for Atlanta are normally correct? Wondering if we will get interview before December 2019.

13 hours ago, bam09 said:

We actually have same timeline. Submitted mine same day as yours and did my biometrics July 25th lol. Do you think the estimated time on the website for Atlanta are normally correct? Wondering if we will get interview before December 2019.

We are trying not to think about it. I actually reached out to Johnny Isakson's office to ask for help or even just information. One of his constituent representatives called me and said he would be happy to contact the USCIS office on our behalf but it is next to impossible to speed up a naturalization application because you can work, travel, etc on a green card so there really isn't any emergency that would warrant an expedited case. It goes as fast as it goes. SO VERY SLOWLY.

8 hours ago, pherNfer said:

We are trying not to think about it. I actually reached out to Johnny Isakson's office to ask for help or even just information. One of his constituent representatives called me and said he would be happy to contact the USCIS office on our behalf but it is next to impossible to speed up a naturalization application because you can work, travel, etc on a green card so there really isn't any emergency that would warrant an expedited case. It goes as fast as it goes. SO VERY SLOWLY.

hmm well you never know if it will actually do something to your application or not. There is no harm in trying at all. How did you go about? I would love to see if I could explore that option as well.

Just now, bam09 said:

hmm well you never know if it will actually do something to your application or not. There is no harm in trying at all. How did you go about? I would love to see if I could explore that option as well.

I did not have him write a letter but he said if things changed (we had problems, RFE, etc) that they would still be happy to help. I wrote the Senator and email on his website form.

Did a back to back interview yesterday and it went well. The officer first asked me couple of questions from my i-751. She also asked what we as a family loves to do, how we spend our time. Interview for both I-751 and N-400 lasted for about 15 minutes. Our 13 yr old watched our 2 yr old while we were inside. Thanks to iPad, the 2 yr old behaved really well and he did not even notice us leave when our names were called. I think, my husband enjoyed the interview more than I did.  The officer did not have to ask more questions and she didn't have to go through all the questions on the I-751 and N400 forms other than the important ones like anniversary date, mailing address, how many kids then the usual questions related to crimes/offenses and such.

After the interview, my case status updated to "Oath Ceremony will be scheduled". As for my I-751 (including my 13 yr old son's), it was updated to "Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction". 

It's such a relief just knowing that it's finally off my shoulders now! I hope they schedule me for September!!!!

34 minutes ago, Whitechocolove said:

Did a back to back interview yesterday and it went well. The officer first asked me couple of questions from my i-751. She also asked what we as a family loves to do, how we spend our time. Interview for both I-751 and N-400 lasted for about 15 minutes. Our 13 yr old watched our 2 yr old while we were inside. Thanks to iPad, the 2 yr old behaved really well and he did not even notice us leave when our names were called. I think, my husband enjoyed the interview more than I did.  The officer did not have to ask more questions and she didn't have to go through all the questions on the I-751 and N400 forms other than the important ones like anniversary date, mailing address, how many kids then the usual questions related to crimes/offenses and such.

After the interview, my case status updated to "Oath Ceremony will be scheduled". As for my I-751 (including my 13 yr old son's), it was updated to "Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction". 

It's such a relief just knowing that it's finally off my shoulders now! I hope they schedule me for September!!!!

so fast - many congratulations!

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 6:55 PM, pherNfer said:

I did not have him write a letter but he said if things changed (we had problems, RFE, etc) that they would still be happy to help. I wrote the Senator and email on his website form.

oh nice, thanks for the information. Do you ever get the "we are still reviewing your case" notifications? I have gotten that twice for both my i751 and N400 applications. Yeah still waiting on my 10 years too.

On 9/5/2018 at 1:28 PM, Whitechocolove said:

Congratulations......

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 9/5/2018 at 1:28 PM, Whitechocolove said:

Wonderful and congratulations!

I-751

NOA8/11/17

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline

I got a great news today that my interview got rescheduled!

(Original Interview date: 09/19/2019 -> New one: 10/22/2018)

Details:

07/09/2018: Submit N-400 online;

07/10/2018: NOA;

08/02/2018: Fingerprint appointment;

08/10/2018 Get notification on myDHS that interview got scheduled on 09/19/2018;

08/15/2018 Sent out the mail to the local office for reschedule interview appt;

08/22/2018 Use "Send us a message" on my DHS to inquiry if they received my request. Message replied that local will contact me once they  investigated.

08/24/2018 Called the USCIS and they said I have already submitted an inquiry on DHS and just needed to wait until 30 days.

08/28/2018 Received a letter from local office, saying they received the request and will receive the result in 7-14 days.

09/07/2018 my DHS notification that they de-scheduled the old appointment and reschedule my appoint on 10/22/2018, dated the notice on 09/06/2018.

On 9/6/2018 at 8:24 AM, bam09 said:

oh nice, thanks for the information. Do you ever get the "we are still reviewing your case" notifications? I have gotten that twice for both my i751 and N400 applications. Yeah still waiting on my 10 years too.

We do get those random "reviewing your case" notifications on the N400 case; my husband got his 10 year green card July 10th (whew) hope yours comes very soon!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hello everyone. It's been over a month since my application was received. I haven't received my biometrics appointment notice by mail yet and I can't find a copy online. I already submitted a service request but not sure if this is enough or not. Any advice on the matter would be appreciated.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.