dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2018

1,677 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
Just now, jesserz said:

It happened! We got an email saying that we are documentary qualified and we're in line for an interview!

I submitted everything May 22nd.

@Norway you should be soon!!!

Congrats! So happy for you! Yay I hope so! Haha maybe they heard me complain :lol: 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
2 minutes ago, StephenG said:

Hi, need some help guys,

28th March case sent to nvc.

rang about 6 weeks later to see what was happening, they said they received 5th April, can take up to 8 weeks so ring back then.

rang at the 8 week point, he said oh yeah should have been done. I’ll put it to the top of the supervisors pile...

rang back today as still heard nothing and she said they received it 4th June and can take up to 8 weeks!!!! 

This is becoming beyond a joke now. What can we do? 

you can only wait unfortunately. 

I waited 13 weeks for them to assign a case number.

We handed in the I-130 to USCIS 1 Year and 4 days ago.

NOA1: 7th June 2017

NOA2: 31st January 2018

Sent from USCIS: 12th February 2018

Received by NVC: 16th February 2018

Started telling me they never received petition since: 22nd march 2018

Started saying they magically received petition: 26th March 2018

"there is no time frame for case number assignment": 18th May 2018

Case number assigned & fees sent: 22nd May 2018

Fees "PAID": 27th May

AOS & DS-260 with Civil Documents submitted online: 3rd June 2018

Case Complete: 14th June 2018

Received email with interview date scheduled: 12th July 2018.

Interview @ Dublin embassy: 2nd August 2018 DENIED!  (421 days since NOA1). 

(incorrect spelling and missing middle name on police certs)

31st August: did my 2nd medical cert, because 1st one expired.

14th September: official APPROVED.

Currently: waiting for DPD courier to tell me my visa is ready for collection at my local depot.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
1 minute ago, ramesesthe2nd said:

Seems like a lot of people are sad that my case got CC this quick. I shared it with the group, so we all understand that NVC can be unpredictable. I didn't expect anything this fast. Happy to be lucky on this one, but I will hold my future updates, as it apparently upsets a lot of people, all rightfully frustrated about their cases. 

I'm sorry if I said anything to upset you or anyone else. I truly am happy for you that you are getting out of this :devil: that is NVC! This process just makes me go crazy and I just want it to be done:blink:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
11 minutes ago, ramesesthe2nd said:

Seems like a lot of people are sad that my case got CC this quick. I shared it with the group, so we all understand that NVC can be unpredictable. I didn't expect anything this fast. Happy to be lucky on this one, but I will hold my future updates, as it apparently upsets a lot of people, all rightfully frustrated about their cases. 

Keep posting. The responses aren't directed towards you but the annoying nature of the entire process. Trust me, we will be just fine lol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
14 minutes ago, ramesesthe2nd said:

Your timeline says you sent your DS-260 + documents TODAY, and received a 'case complete' TODAY as well!!?

congrats!!

And I thought the fastest part of this process was the bit where they take our money, for the fees!!  :lol:

NOA1: 7th June 2017

NOA2: 31st January 2018

Sent from USCIS: 12th February 2018

Received by NVC: 16th February 2018

Started telling me they never received petition since: 22nd march 2018

Started saying they magically received petition: 26th March 2018

"there is no time frame for case number assignment": 18th May 2018

Case number assigned & fees sent: 22nd May 2018

Fees "PAID": 27th May

AOS & DS-260 with Civil Documents submitted online: 3rd June 2018

Case Complete: 14th June 2018

Received email with interview date scheduled: 12th July 2018.

Interview @ Dublin embassy: 2nd August 2018 DENIED!  (421 days since NOA1). 

(incorrect spelling and missing middle name on police certs)

31st August: did my 2nd medical cert, because 1st one expired.

14th September: official APPROVED.

Currently: waiting for DPD courier to tell me my visa is ready for collection at my local depot.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
18 minutes ago, ramesesthe2nd said:

No, please don't get discouraged. I believe that emotions are running high for some - understandably so. But we all like to hear updates. I am truly happy you guys could move forward fast. Congratulations!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
24 minutes ago, jesserz said:

It happened! We got an email saying that we are documentary qualified and we're in line for an interview!

I submitted everything May 22nd.

@Norway you should be soon!!!

Congratulations! Awesome news!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
34 minutes ago, ramesesthe2nd said:

I'm excited/happy and definitely jealous! no negative feelings towards you or your SO! don't let this get you down, we all just wish it was so smooth for us!

Starting my 6th week since submission into CEAC this week... apprehensive about calling as there isn't much they can do / say at this point.

9 minutes ago, CR1Journey2017 said:

I'm excited/happy and definitely jealous! no negative feelings towards you or your SO! don't let this get you down, we all just wish it was so smooth for us!

Starting my 6th week since submission into CEAC this week... apprehensive about calling as there isn't much they can do / say at this point.

:blink::blink: OMG! Did you get a checklist at least? 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Amanda&Thibaut said:

First, I think you should definitely call NVC because this is a lot longer than most people seem to be waiting. I think the customer service reps are there to help with exactly this kind of thing and it is worth asking. Aren't they telling people it can take up to six weeks? You've reached that point so it makes sense to call.

Second, Brazilians, did you find that the scan of the immigrant's passport was hard to read? There are some details on the passport for security (holograms, etc.) but when we scanned, it these details made it a bit hard to read the name (not impossible but it could be clearer). However, this is just how the passport is. I think some people have gotten checklists because their documents weren't clear enough so for anyone who has already been approved, I'm wondering if you have any thoughts on this. Thanks!

Edited by lindinhos96

54 minutes ago, Norway said:

What country is your embassy in? It might've just switched from non pivot to pivot :( If so you might have to wait a while longer. Did they ask for DOB?

England. Today one person out of 3 asked for my dob, the beneficiary. The first person today said ring back option 5 next time as it’s electronic...

so have we spent 8 weeks waiting in non pivot line, they changed to pivot now we’re at the start of the pivot line?

Edited by StephenG

2 minutes ago, lindinhos96 said:

First, I think you should definitely call NVC because this is a lot longer than most people seem to be waiting. I think the customer service reps are there to help with exactly this kind of thing and it is worth asking. Aren't they telling people it can take up to six weeks? You've reached that point so it makes sense to call.

Second, Brazilians, did you find that the scan of the immigrant's passport was hard to read? There are some details on the passport for security (holograms, etc.) but when we scanned, it these details made it a bit hard to read the name (not impossible but it could be clearer). However, this is just how the passport is. I think some people have gotten checklists because there documents weren't clear enough so for anyone who has already been approved, I'm wondering if you have any thoughts on this. Thanks!

I agree with you! 6 weeks is the top... if they didn't get a checklist, something is weird. I would definitely call again and again! I got a check list 1 week after I submitted, and my passport was approved. I got to upload one more police certificate. Still waiting... I can't wait to have everything done! Such a long wait! :cry::cry:

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Amanda&Thibaut said:

Nope.. nada ainda. vou ligar .. a ultima vez que ligou, o cara foi grosso comigo (sou o USC, fiquei tao irritado, resolvi nao ligar de volta mais...). 

Just now, CR1Journey2017 said:

Nope.. nada ainda. vou ligar .. a ultima vez que ligou, o cara foi grosso comigo (sou o USC, fiquei tao irritado, resolvi nao ligar de volta mais...). 

Liga! Até achar alguém legal... alguns são rudes, mas alguns estão dispostos a ajudar. 6 semanas é o máximo de tempo, então eles devem mandar seu caso pra supervisão. Boa sorte!!! Vai dar certo!! É provável que eles marquem a entrevista logo depois pra você também, pois sua espera ta longa!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline

So they accepted almost all our documents... We got a checklist for my birth certificate, no idea why, cause it's exactly the one they ask for.

Called NVC, the operator also didn't understand why it was rejected, she is sending the case to a supervisor. 

N-400 (Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/10/21: Case received

06/10/21: NOA

08/06/21: Biometrics

12/10/21: Interview scheduled

01/21/22: Interview

01/24/22: Approved!

02/17/22: Oath Ceremony!!

ROC (Service Center: National Benefit Center MSC, Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/17/20: Case received

06/30/20: NOA

07/02/21: Biometrics

01/21/22: Interview (combo with N-400)

01/24/22: Approved!

CR-1 Visa (Service Center: Nebraska - Consulate: Belgium)

Spoiler

07/31/17: I-130 Priority date

08/02/17: I-130 NOA1

02/26/18: I-130 NOA2

03/15/18: NVC Received (Pivot)

06/12/18: NVC Case complete

07/26/18: Interview, approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.