TBoneTX

November 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,327 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Natalia_777 said:

Thank you.
I'm not good at English.

It's strange that they ask for confirmation from a person who is not a US citizen ... or I do not understand.

"The persons making the affidavits may be relatives and need not be citizens of
the United States. Each affidavit must contain the following information regarding the person making the
affidavit:..."

Here is a sample letter which may give you a better idea of the content that is needed.

To whom it may concern;

I, NAME, am NAME RELATION (Brother, Sister, Friend, Coworker, Etc.) and have known him for XX years. I am writing this letter to attest to the validity of the Marriage between NAME and NAME. I have been a witness to their relationship since they (Dated, were engaged, Got Married, While they were married) and they are truly in love and have no deviant reasons for their marriage other than them wanting to spend their lives together.

Not only have they joined in celebrating (Religious holidays, birthdays, weddings, anniversary’s, family activities, etc.), I attended their (engagement, Marriage, Baby Shower, Etc.) Or I hear XXXXXX talk about his fiancé(e). They are a happy and loving couple and I was over joyed to hear all about their wedding plans.

I, NAME, declare that all statements made in this document are true and swear to its legality.

Regards,

(Signature)                                        Date

NAME

Contact number

Email

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Here is a sample letter which may give you a better idea of the content that is needed.

To whom it may concern;

I, NAME, am NAME RELATION (Brother, Sister, Friend, Coworker, Etc.) and have known him for XX years. I am writing this letter to attest to the validity of the Marriage between NAME and NAME. I have been a witness to their relationship since they (Dated, were engaged, Got Married, While they were married) and they are truly in love and have no deviant reasons for their marriage other than them wanting to spend their lives together.

Not only have they joined in celebrating (Religious holidays, birthdays, weddings, anniversary’s, family activities, etc.), I attended their (engagement, Marriage, Baby Shower, Etc.) Or I hear XXXXXX talk about his fiancé(e). They are a happy and loving couple and I was over joyed to hear all about their wedding plans.

I, NAME, declare that all statements made in this document are true and swear to its legality.

Regards,

(Signature)                                        Date

NAME

Contact number

Email

Thank you very much and in general everything here
Now I know that everything will be fine, and even sobbed in the daytime

11 minutes ago, programmer437 said:

Just got our approval this morning via the old website. 
Our RFE was May 23rd so that's almost exactly 4 weeks for our RFE turnover in California if anyone else is waiting. 

Here is what you are going to need if you haven't already have a copy.

https://th.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/packets/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm back got an RFE on June 1 took 14 days to arrive!! looking for anybody that might have any input. I was married 4 times. Yep! some extenuating circumstances:whistle: Anyway got certs for 1st and 2nd and death cert for my last but Los Angeles county not finding 3rd divorce (1988 all on paper no computers) wondered if anybody has had that or similar experience? Spoke with USCIS and all he could say was right up explanation and would depend on the reviewer. Could not speak with a tier 2. Just wanted to see if anybody had some advice before I send it in. Any response is appreciated. If you don't want to put it on here my email slb6513@hotmail.com.  Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Here is what you are going to need if you haven't already have a copy.

https://th.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/packets/

Thankfully we've got an immigration lawyer who's walking her through everything needed from her. 

We were hoping she'd be able to come to the US next month but it looks like we'll probably be pushed back a little further. 

2 minutes ago, programmer437 said:

Thankfully we've got an immigration lawyer who's walking her through everything needed from her. 

We were hoping she'd be able to come to the US next month but it looks like we'll probably be pushed back a little further. 

It never hurts to double check your lawyer and what he or she is saying. My experience is they don't add credence to how much they can add to the process as you can do this on your own. Perfect examples are scattered throughout VJ. Just a few minutes ago someone posted an answer that "was over kill" and really didn't need to be done nor was it a requirement according to their lawyer, but her lawyer said it so it must be true. What the lawyer advocated did not need to be done. The more knowledgeable you are the less mistakes can be made that will delay your process. Just my opinion.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

13 minutes ago, Steve_Sherl said:

I'm back got an RFE on June 1 took 14 days to arrive!! looking for anybody that might have any input. I was married 4 times. Yep! some extenuating circumstances:whistle: Anyway got certs for 1st and 2nd and death cert for my last but Los Angeles county not finding 3rd divorce (1988 all on paper no computers) wondered if anybody has had that or similar experience? Spoke with USCIS and all he could say was right up explanation and would depend on the reviewer. Could not speak with a tier 2. Just wanted to see if anybody had some advice before I send it in. Any response is appreciated. If you don't want to put it on here my email slb6513@hotmail.com.  Thanks

Between you and the USCIS agent, you're on the money. Provide what you can and explain in a cover letter the problems you are experiencing with gathering the 3rd divorce. Is there anything that you can get from LA County that would substantiate your claim that's it not available but in paper form and would tale x amount of time to retrieve from the achieves. That would go a long way. Keep in mind that they adjudicators have seen it all so you won't be the first.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

4 hours ago, Natalia_777 said:

Thank you.
I'm not good at English.

It's strange that they ask for confirmation from a person who is not a US citizen ... or I do not understand.

"The persons making the affidavits may be relatives and need not be citizens of
the United States. Each affidavit must contain the following information regarding the person making the
affidavit:..."

They are giving the Foreign Fiance the opportunity to provide evidence that the relationship is real. Since a lot of the time (because of visa requirements), the foreign fiance cannot visit the US, it is expected that it is usually the US Citizen fiance who visits the foreign country. On these occasions the US Citizen would possibly meet the Foreign Fiance's friends and family who then could attest that (by witnessing you two together), your relationship is bonafide. 

That is why the persons making the affidavits do not have to be USC's.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

It never hurts to double check your lawyer and what he or she is saying. My experience is they don't add credence to how much they can add to the process as you can do this on your own. Perfect examples are scattered throughout VJ. Just a few minutes ago someone posted an answer that "was over kill" and really didn't need to be done nor was it a requirement according to their lawyer, but her lawyer said it so it must be true. What the lawyer advocated did not need to be done. The more knowledgeable you are the less mistakes can be made that will delay your process. Just my opinion.

It's more about the language barrier than anything else. It's easier for the lawyer to explain everything to her in terms of what's needed with vaccinations, paperwork, etc. We're both aware of what needs to be done but the technicalities of the process are difficult to clearly communicate when Thai to English isn't at all 1-to-1 in translation. 

It's very difficult for me to double check that the birth certificate she's submitting meets the correct requirements when I can barely stumble through the Thai alphabet non-Roman calendar dates. Having a bilingual law firm that also provides translation services helps significantly. 

Though I do agree it'd be overkill if she were coming from a country that at least used the Latin alphabet. 

2 minutes ago, programmer437 said:

It's more about the language barrier than anything else. It's easier for the lawyer to explain everything to her in terms of what's needed with vaccinations, paperwork, etc. We're both aware of what needs to be done but the technicalities of the process are difficult to clearly communicate when Thai to English isn't at all 1-to-1 in translation. 

It's very difficult for me to double check that the birth certificate she's submitting meets the correct requirements when I can barely stumble through the Thai alphabet non-Roman calendar dates. Having a bilingual law firm that also provides translation services helps significantly. 

Though I do agree it'd be overkill if she were coming from a country that at least used the Latin alphabet. 

Now I know the rest of the story. :thumbs: I completely agree with you. My wife is from the Philippines and she can speak both her language and English (but not fluently but she gets along without too much problem) so I follow your thought process. At times I have problems sometimes following her thought process but we work through it.  I think I would have done the same as you did.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
47 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Between you and the USCIS agent, you're on the money. Provide what you can and explain in a cover letter the problems you are experiencing with gathering the 3rd divorce. Is there anything that you can get from LA County that would substantiate your claim that's it not available but in paper form and would tale x amount of time to retrieve from the achieves. That would go a long way. Keep in mind that they adjudicators have seen it all so you won't be the first.

I did pay for a search in Archive and they did about 4 searches, took approx 12 days after they rcv'd, I even got a phone call back from the Executive Clerk explaining the 4 searches also got a form letter back with her written notes on of the 4 searches with expanded expanded dates exceeding 10 years which I did not need as I knew approx  date. So definitely not available:(. Have u heard of anything like this? 

39 minutes ago, Steve_Sherl said:

I did pay for a search in Archive and they did about 4 searches, took approx 12 days after they rcv'd, I even got a phone call back from the Executive Clerk explaining the 4 searches also got a form letter back with her written notes on of the 4 searches with expanded expanded dates exceeding 10 years which I did not need as I knew approx  date. So definitely not available:(. Have u heard of anything like this? 

Not in the US as we have been computerized for over 50 years. Unless you are older than 80 that tends to be a problem :jest:.  Go with what you have and I think your safe. You have plenty of evidence that you made the attempt.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Not in the US as we have been computerized for over 50 years. Unless you are older than 80 that tends to be a problem :jest:.  Go with what you have and I think your safe. You have plenty of evidence that you made the attempt.

I think on the last page where you were suggesting an affidavit from family for marriage. think that would be beneficial in this case?

45 minutes ago, Steve_Sherl said:

I think on the last page where you were suggesting an affidavit from family for marriage. think that would be beneficial in this case?

I approach RFE's as if they are an opportunity for you to close a "whole" in your information that adjudicator does not understand or it is lacking and they will need an explanation/documents from you to render a decision. Having said that, this is the time to "go overboard" with information that can answer the RFE.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.