littleitaly

N400 applied with I751 still pending

61 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Dann_tgh said:

I had my N-400 interview today with pending I-751 (filed 05/16/17), when I got there they promptly called me at my scheduled time, I took my spouse with me since I had the I-751 pending and I actually wanted to go in with him since I was very nervous, when the AO called me I asked him if I could take my spouse with me and he said no because the N-400 interview is just for the applicant and then I went by myself with him, he was very nice tho, I was worried because I have heard you have to take your spouse with you, I answered everything correctly and he was very concerned about all my international trips, he asked for my selective service card, I passed all the questions 6 correct straight, then he said your application has been approved in the following weeks you will be getting a letter with instructions for your ceremony, then I asked about my pending I-751 and he said that since i submitted so much evidence (the file was on top of his desk and it was huge) he said he had enough info to just approve me and I brought in my spouse with me and he saw him, so I was actually surprised about that, he said I might get a green card in the mail and that I needed to return that green card. He said once again congratulations, so it was super smooth and I am very exited. While I was typing this I received a case statues update that my I-751 was approved and card was being produced so I will have to return it as he said. Minutes after I-751 was updated my N-400 also changed to “Oath will be scheduled”. Good luck to everyone still waiting on their approvals 

Congrats!  Almost done with this marathon.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello,

I was just wondering how accurate is the USCIS Processing time page. I have I-751 pending, I filed on 7/31/17 - they reviewing 7/22/17 as of today. So basically in 9 days they will review my case? or its not necessary?

I have N400 interview scheduled for end of February....  Hopefully they will make a decision on I751 case prior to the interview..... 

Anyone with similar situations?

Naturalization Timeline

Field Office: Chicago, IL

N-400 Filed (Mailed)..............08/06/18

Receipt Notice........................08/08/18

Biometrics Letter Rcvd..........08/20/18

Biometrics Appointment.......09/06/18

In Line For Interview..............02/27/19

Interview..I751 & N400..........02/27/19 - I-751 approved

N-400 approved.....................07/20/19 

Oath Ceremony......................08/08/19

Done 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/13/2019 at 11:29 AM, tovarish said:

Hello,

I was just wondering how accurate is the USCIS Processing time page. I have I-751 pending, I filed on 7/31/17 - they reviewing 7/22/17 as of today. So basically in 9 days they will review my case? or its not necessary?

I have N400 interview scheduled for end of February....  Hopefully they will make a decision on I751 case prior to the interview..... 

Anyone with similar situations?

How did the interview go? Did they approve both i-751 and n-400?

Thanks!

Timeline
On 3/5/2019 at 2:54 PM, aroabi said:

How did the interview go? Did they approve both i-751 and n-400?

Thanks!

Interview went well, glad my spouse came. Officer invited us both and explained that she will be performing both interviews. She had a folder 2 inches thick on her desk - our file :-)))

So she went back 3 years asked many questions how we met, common friends etc. Asked DOB`s of kids. Looked at all pictures, glad I brought more. Asked for recent bank statements, tax transcripts, utility bills, insurance and so on.

She was very nice and professional about all. So we talked for at least 30 minutes and finally she said that my I-751 approved and I will get a new card within 30 days.

Then she said we gonna do N400 interview. She asked 6 civic test questions. I answered all correct. Asked to read a sentence. Asked to write a sentence. All passed. 

Then we were going through my application - all questions I had to answer verbally. I`m glad we did that because one of the questions on the N400 I answered incorrectly - Part 12 Quest 19. It appears that Conceal carry license that I have falls under that category. So she corrected it.

Also she asked me to sign a form that I wasn`t aware that I have to register for selective service.

I had a couple driving  tickets from two and half years ago and because of that my n400 wasn`t approved right away and will be reviewed within 120 days. 

I also brought quite a few support letters from various people "for counter weight" my tickets.  She said that they prefer them notarized but took them and put in the file.

She also said if my interview was in April then these tickets I had would be out of 3 year review period..... Fingers crossed. 

Good luck to all!

Naturalization Timeline

Done 🙂

11 hours ago, tovarish said:

Interview went well, glad my spouse came. Officer invited us both and explained that she will be performing both interviews. She had a folder 2 inches thick on her desk - our file :-)))

So she went back 3 years asked many questions how we met, common friends etc. Asked DOB`s of kids. Looked at all pictures, glad I brought more. Asked for recent bank statements, tax transcripts, utility bills, insurance and so on.

She was very nice and professional about all. So we talked for at least 30 minutes and finally she said that my I-751 approved and I will get a new card within 30 days.

Then she said we gonna do N400 interview. She asked 6 civic test questions. I answered all correct. Asked to read a sentence. Asked to write a sentence. All passed. 

Then we were going through my application - all questions I had to answer verbally. I`m glad we did that because one of the questions on the N400 I answered incorrectly - Part 12 Quest 19. It appears that Conceal carry license that I have falls under that category. So she corrected it.

Also she asked me to sign a form that I wasn`t aware that I have to register for selective service.

I had a couple driving  tickets from two and half years ago and because of that my n400 wasn`t approved right away and will be reviewed within 120 days. 

I also brought quite a few support letters from various people "for counter weight" my tickets.  She said that they prefer them notarized but took them and put in the file.

She also said if my interview was in April then these tickets I had would be out of 3 year review period..... Fingers crossed. 

Good luck to all!

Thanks so much for providing the info. We have filed the i-751 a month ago but will be eligible to file the n-400 in mid November. 

You mentioned driving tickets. Were those parking tickets or other violations. Were they paid, pleaded guilty? Did you bring up those tickets to their attention or they asked?

Thanks!

Edited by aroabi

Timeline
On 3/7/2019 at 8:43 AM, aroabi said:

Thanks so much for providing the info. We have filed the i-751 a month ago but will be eligible to file the n-400 in mid November. 

You mentioned driving tickets. Were those parking tickets or other violations. Were they paid, pleaded guilty? Did you bring up those tickets to their attention or they asked?

Thanks!

Just speeding tickets. yup I brought them and payments receipts as well. Fines were paid.

Edited by tovarish

Naturalization Timeline

Done 🙂

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 5/28/2018 at 5:03 PM, mcdull said:

I didn't have a concurrent interview. I was told by my I751 examiner that if i would have wrote a letter to the office and requested a combo interview, they probably could have done it.

Has anyone actually sent a letter to request a combo interview?

I would love a template or some direction. I mean, I don't even know how to address them ("dear USCIS"?) much less what to include in the body of the paragraph... any thoughts?

My I-751 was filed a little over 2 years ago (still pending), and my N-400 interview is scheduled for early next month. I don't mind all the waiting, but I would hate to show up and have neither applications move forward. I am worried because I have not received any updates on my I-751 in a while... 

Thank you in advance!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline
41 minutes ago, LeoFromBR said:

Has anyone actually sent a letter to request a combo interview?

I would love a template or some direction. I mean, I don't even know how to address them ("dear USCIS"?) much less what to include in the body of the paragraph... any thoughts?

My I-751 was filed a little over 2 years ago (still pending), and my N-400 interview is scheduled for early next month. I don't mind all the waiting, but I would hate to show up and have neither applications move forward. I am worried because I have not received any updates on my I-751 in a while... 

Thank you in advance!

We are in the same boat and would love response on how to go forward with this as well. We filed our ROC May 2017!! Feels like SO long ago. Moved from LA to SF so that may have delayed the process but we haven't heard much since Dec. We filed N400 and online it says they will send us interview date in 5 days... (fingers crossed!) but if that happens, wondering how to make sure that we have the I751 interview then as well. Also... does anyone know definitively - does the US citizen spouse need to be at either the I751 ROC or N400 interviews? (I was planning to be traveling but may have to fly back if that is the case...) Thanks.

Timeline

Hey guys! I was in the same boat and had N-400 interview in February

Basically I took all paperwork with me that I filed for both I751 and N400 just in case. and my wife.

When officer came out she said its great that you brought your spouse because we going to do both interviews today.

see my post  above

Naturalization Timeline

Done 🙂

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, tovarish said:

Hey guys! I was in the same boat and had N-400 interview in February

Basically I took all paperwork with me that I filed for both I751 and N400 just in case. and my wife.

When officer came out she said its great that you brought your spouse because we going to do both interviews today.

see my post  above

Hey tovarish, I did read your post. Thank you for sharing your experience.

If the same happens to me, I'll consider myself lucky 😊

But I'm just a little bit worried since other applicants have had different experiences saying that some Agents are not equipped/prepared to do both interviews together. I just want to know if there's any action I can take before the interview. Thank you again!

I will post some tips on the letter.  We changed the address, but noticed the address change request on the ROC case number wasn’t completing (still said it would be assigned to an officer).  My husband received an email response AND a phone call from the interviewing officer that the interview would be combo.

I will share the tips tonight when I am on my laptop.

Signature coming soon...

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 5/28/2018 at 4:12 PM, littleitaly said:

Thought I would start a thread for those who applied for N400 while I751 still pending.

Here is my timeline

I applied I751 in June 2017, and the case is still pending. Scheduled an info pass appointment on June 8th to get a stamp on my passport.

Submitted N400 on May 24th and biometrics is scheduled. Have seen some other posts saying N400 cant be approved till they approve 751 and I was hoping N400 can lead the process.

Comments welcomed!

We are on the same boat 🚣 

I applied I751 in May 2017. 

12-21-2018 case was transferred and new office has jurisdiction. 

Submitted N400 on May15th 2018. Still waiting. 

Keep updating please.

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.