Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, topman said:

I thought USCIS always had premium processing for I-140 cases. I believe our company lawyers filed my I140 application via premium processing. I'm not sure what is different with this announcement? Did they suspend premium processing for I140 during the pandemic? 

Is this true? Curious about it….

I thought premium processing was only for some non-immigrant processing such as for H1Bs before. For immigrant visas such as EB, I thought premium processing was a new introduction as of some motion that was passed in March 2022.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

I thought premium processing was only for some non-immigrant processing such as for H1Bs before. For immigrant visas such as EB, I thought premium processing was a new introduction as of some motion that was passed in March 2022.

I found the official announcement:

https://www.uscis.gov/newsroom/news-releases/uscis-announces-new-actions-to-reduce-backlogs-expand-premium-processing-and-provide-relief-to-work

Premium processing is an expedited adjudication service now available only to petitioners filing a Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, and to certain employment-based immigrant visa petitioners filing a Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Workers. This final rule expands the categories of forms ultimately eligible for premium processing services, including Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status; Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization; and additional classifications under Form I-140.”

If I am reading this right, is the expansion to people applying for EB from within US?

2 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

https://www.uscis.gov/newsroom/news-releases/uscis-announces-new-actions-to-reduce-backlogs-expand-premium-processing-and-provide-relief-to-work

Premium processing is an expedited adjudication service now available only to petitioners filing a Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, and to certain employment-based immigrant visa petitioners filing a Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Workers. This final rule expands the categories of forms ultimately eligible for premium processing services, including Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status; Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization; and additional classifications under Form I-140.”

If I am reading this right, is the expansion to people applying for EB from within US?

Premium processing is and has been available for all EB categories, except for EB-2 NIW and EB1c, because those cases tend to be more complicated. Now USCIS has just added those categories. 

18 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

I used premium processing for I-140 and got result in 10 days.

3 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

One thing I forgot to mention in my prior comment -- one can be the beneficiary of an I-140 regardless of one's current location, it only matters after you get an approval on your I-140; typically you'd file for an I-485 if you are on a dual intent visa in the US (though you still have the option of consular processing because it's way cheaper and you don't have the "abandonment predicament"), but if you are outside of the US, your only choice is consular processing.  

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/24/2022 at 8:56 AM, LMIV said:

Hi all - just an update that we still haven't heard back from MTL about being inadvertently skipped over for IL in the last round and status still shows at NVC.  Hoping the next round of letters go out soon and EB are included this time!!!  

@LMIVIt took 13 days for Montreal to respond to my email.  I can’t say their response was very useful, but they did respond. I had to reply back to their email for more information and now I have to wait for a response all over again.  It took me 26 months from DQ to interview at Montreal in the EB category.  I hope you hear from them soon! 

Edited by Bog-can

31 minutes ago, Bog-can said:

It took me 26 months from DQ to interview at Montreal in the EB category.  I hope you hear from them soon! 

Thanks for sharing this info. Not sure if you’re on the tracker, but can you please share your timeline - DQ date , interview letter date, interview date etc? That will be helpful, thanks! And also, if you don’t mind sharing, what are you waiting to hear back from them about?

Montreal EB tracker: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14yZKxht6igwJPXPU0EehKmmN2hx1g3EchEuB5G0yNO4/edit

Edited by VA21202

16 minutes ago, montreal-eb3 said:

@VA21202 Who came up with the expected IL date in the tracker and how? What is it based on?

No idea, but I’m guessing someone added that in assuming linear progression based on a couple of earlier rounds when EB were issued a couple of months in one go. Of course that hasn’t continued at all and things have been as unpredictable as ever.

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
16 hours ago, Sorrel said:

Oh no!  I feel so bad for you!  Did you get a reply from Montreal (other than the auto generated one)?

No word back from Montreal and just received the 60 day robo letter.  Are they really going to skip EB again this month???  Unbelievable.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.