jayztigin

F2a unmarried child under 21 Philippines

10 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Guam
Timeline

Good Day po mga brod and sis Patulong nmn po about sa case ng ate ko, nag file sya petition f2a unmmaried child under 21, then nag file din sya ng divorce sa dating asawa niya , and now divorced na sila, may natanggap siya sa NVC na pwede na siyang mag fill up ng ds 261, after that ung fee ng AOS after yong fee ng DS260 then nakapagfill up nadin sya ng DS260 online , then recently naging US citizen ang ate ko thru naturalization at nag change of first name siya , now nasa stage na siya na isesend ang AOS at Supporting Documents niya, ANo dapat niyang gawin about sa mga Changes niya ? at gagamitin niya na ba sa mga form ung new name niya? TIA,,

English please!

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** MOving from Bringing Family of Greencard Holders to Philippines regional forum, as not in English.  PLease write in English only in the immigration forums; if you need to use a different language, you may do so, but ONLY in the regional forums ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, jayztigin said:

Good Day po mga brod and sis Patulong nmn po about sa case ng ate ko, nag file sya petition f2a unmmaried child under 21, then nag file din sya ng divorce sa dating asawa niya , and now divorced na sila, may natanggap siya sa NVC na pwede na siyang mag fill up ng ds 261, after that ung fee ng AOS after yong fee ng DS260 then nakapagfill up nadin sya ng DS260 online , then recently naging US citizen ang ate ko thru naturalization at nag change of first name siya , now nasa stage na siya na isesend ang AOS at Supporting Documents niya, ANo dapat niyang gawin about sa mga Changes niya ? at gagamitin niya na ba sa mga form ung new name niya? TIA,,

Sorry my Tagalog is marginal at best so if you could repeat your post in English it would surely help  

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, jayztigin said:

Here's a translation, as best as I can make it:

Good day my brothers and sisters. Please help with my sister's case -- she filed a F2A petition (family second preference petition) for an unmarried child under 21 and also filed for divorce from her former husband. They are now divorced. She received notice from the NVC that she can now file a DS 261 and then pay the fee for AOS. She has also paid for and filed a DS 260 online. She recently became a US citizen through naturalization and changed her first name, and now she is at the stage of sending her AOS and supporting documents. What should she do about her changes? Should she use her new name?

***K-1 Visa***

NOA1:         03/01/18 (old site)

03/06/18 (new site)

NOA2:         09/04/18

Interview:   12/27/18

Visa Rcvd:   01/09/19

POE Date:    01/27/19

Married:       02/22/19

***Adjustment of Status***

Sent:             03/07/19

NOA1:           03/15/19

Biometrics:  04/11/19

Ready:           04/24/19

EAD/AP:        08/20/19

Card Rcvd:    08/26/19

***Removal of Conditions***

Sent:             11/17/21

NOA1:           11/20/21

24-month Extension: Received

48-month Extension: Received

Approval:     02/20/24

***Naturalization***

Sent:             10/05/23

NOA1:           10/05/23

Biometrics:  10/25/23

Interview:     02/12/24

Oath:             03/27/24

============================================

Case Status Online: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
29 minutes ago, crono_clone said:

Good day my brothers and sisters. Please help with my sister's case -- she filed a F2A petition (family second preference petition) for an unmarried child under 21 and also filed for divorce from her former husband. They are now divorced. She received notice from the NVC that she can now file a DS 261 and then pay the fee for AOS. She has also paid for and filed a DS 260 online. She recently became a US citizen through naturalization and changed her first name, and now she is at the stage of sending her AOS and supporting documents. What should she do about her changes? Should she use her new name?

Good question, I'm assuming you would use your legal name, is it on her passport that she would be sending in for identification? She should use her new legal name on the AOS paperwork, she still has her orginal SSN and passport number would be same....

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Being the petitioner she has to inform NVC thru email that she already naturalized and changed her name (provide scanned copy of Naturalization certificate showing new name). The petition will be upgraded from F2A child to IR2. For the AOS docs attach NC as well coz her ITR and W2 would probably still be in her old name, add also a letter explaining about the name change. For the DS260 did she use her new name as well on questions about petitioner/parent?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Guam
Timeline
1 hour ago, apple21 said:

Being the petitioner she has to inform NVC thru email that she already naturalized and changed her name (provide scanned copy of Naturalization certificate showing new name). The petition will be upgraded from F2A child to IR2. For the AOS docs attach NC as well coz her ITR and W2 would probably still be in her old name, add also a letter explaining about the name change. For the DS260 did she use her new name as well on questions about petitioner/parent?

she use the old name coz that time ds260 ready to fill up shes still LPR, 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 hours ago, crono_clone said:

Being she is at AOS stage at NVC it might be difficult and confusing to change things now, but I do agree that using the new name and including documentation evidence,  along with evidence of citizenship (changing category of the visa to IR-2) is the correct way to proceed.   

Don't be surprised if nothing changes with the visa as to petitioner name .. the wheels of the government can move very slowly.  :lol:    (I would be impressed if they updated things, I just think they will follow what is on the I-130)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.