jg121783

Hillary Clinton: Santa Fe School Shooting Should Inspire ‘Soul Searching,’ Gun Control

121 posts in this topic

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/05/18/hillary-clinton-santa-fe-school-shooting-should-inspire-soul-searching-gun-control/

If anyone can give an example of one criminal who willingly complies with gun laws I will fully get on board with the gun control bandwagon.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

32931303_1970843316312270_21300822787626

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thank you for your highly readable post.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

19 hours ago, jg121783 said:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/05/18/hillary-clinton-santa-fe-school-shooting-should-inspire-soul-searching-gun-control/

If anyone can give an example of one criminal who willingly complies with gun laws I will fully get on board with the gun control bandwagon.

That is an unrealistic expectation.

We have many laws that criminals don't "willingly comply" with but still make it harder for the criminals to do what they do.

Heck you support stricter laws regarding illegal immigration. By your reasoning - Criminal illegals aren't going to abide by our "laws". They'll just find ways around them. So what's the point of having any laws?

Murder is illegal, but clearly murderers don't "abide" by that. Might as well remove that law as well?

Heck let's even take the Sante Fe shooter.

As far as in aware the father, the person who purchased the guns, willingly complied with all laws.

Is there a law saying your son can't borrow them?

So the shooter complied with all gun laws that I'm aware of.

Ready to support now? ;)

16 minutes ago, bcking said:

Heck let's even take the Sante Fe shooter.

As far as in aware the father, the person who purchased the guns, willingly complied with all laws.

Is there a law saying your son can't borrow them?

So the shooter complied with all gun laws that I'm aware of.

Ready to support now? ;)

Actually if the shooter took the guns without the owner's permission that is theft.

5 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

Actually if the shooter took the guns without the owner's permission that is theft.

That's not a gun control law, that is a different law.

Did he violate any specific gun laws?

21 minutes ago, bcking said:

That is an unrealistic expectation.

We have many laws that criminals don't "willingly comply" with but still make it harder for the criminals to do what they do.

Heck you support stricter laws regarding illegal immigration. By your reasoning - Criminal illegals aren't going to abide by our "laws". They'll just find ways around them. So what's the point of having any laws?

Murder is illegal, but clearly murderers don't "abide" by that. Might as well remove that law as well?

My point is laws that restrict the second amendment are generally ineffective because the people they are meant to restrict disregard them while at the same time law abiding citizens have their rights restricted. Immigration laws don't restrict any rights of law abiding citizens and they are effective when they are actually enforced. You are comparing apples and oranges here. By the way I don't advocate for new immigration laws. I simply want the laws already on the books to be enforced.

1 minute ago, bcking said:

I know stealing guns in some states is considered armed robbery.

Just now, jg121783 said:

I know stealing guns in some states is considered armed robbery.

If criminals are going to steal regardless, why make thievery illegal?

Criminals will be criminals.

3 minutes ago, bcking said:

I am not making an argument about violating gun laws. I am making the argument that criminals don't willingly comply with gun laws. Can you deminstrate where the shooter willingly compiled with any gun laws. If not you don't have an argument here.

2 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

I am not making an argument about violating gun laws. I am making the argument that criminals don't willingly comply with gun laws. Can you deminstrate where the shooter willingly compiled with any gun laws. If not you don't have an argument here.

The guns were purchased legally, and they were used by the owners son. Is there a gun law saying your son can't use your guns?

This event for me points our a gap in the laws. There should be clear restrictions on who can use your firearms and you (the owner) should be held responsible unless you can show you made every effort to keep the guns out of someone else's hands.

As some were saying in the other thread. From this I'd say we need strict laws and punishments for people who don't properly secure/lock their weapons.

Edited by bcking

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

We Should ban anything thieves might want to steal.

Simple.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”