Aleches3

Medical checks in advance and prepaid envelope for passport

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

Hi I was wondering if anyone had experienced this. 

We’re 3months into the waiting period for the petition and now I’m trying to plan our summer on the little information we have so far. 

Portuguese visa applications are sent to Paris where you take a prepaid self addressed envelope to your interview. Can the address you put on that envelope be different tothe address you filed with? 

I want to visit family in the UK and was wondering if I can use my mother’s address while I wait for the passport to be sent. 

The other question is, can I book my medical appointments in advance even though I haven’t had the NVC referral yet? 

Thanks in advance. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Aleches3 said:

Hi I was wondering if anyone had experienced this. 

We’re 3months into the waiting period for the petition and now I’m trying to plan our summer on the little information we have so far. 

Portuguese visa applications are sent to Paris where you take a prepaid self addressed envelope to your interview. Can the address you put on that envelope be different tothe address you filed with? 

I want to visit family in the UK and was wondering if I can use my mother’s address while I wait for the passport to be sent. 

The other question is, can I book my medical appointments in advance even though I haven’t had the NVC referral yet? 

Thanks in advance. 

Why would you wan to book your medical in advance.  Medical has an expiration date that will affect the expiration date of your visa.  Most medical also require the Embassy case #

If Chronopost will deliver to the UK

YMMV

Timeline
5 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Why would you wan to book your medical in advance.  Medical has an expiration date that will affect the expiration date of your visa.  Most medical also require the Embassy case #

If Chronopost will deliver to the UK

I was hoping to complete the medical check before I visit family to save coming and going from here. 

The idea is that, I leave here with my belongings and wait out the rest of the visa processing time with my family. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Aleches3 said:

I was hoping to complete the medical check before I visit family to save coming and going from here. 

The idea is that, I leave here with my belongings and wait out the rest of the visa processing time with my family. 

You have typically 3 to 6 weeks from petition approval before it's on station ready for the interview.  You could certainly get the medical done in that window

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

you are waitig for interview in Paris ?

you would have to return there for the iterview , medical exam and criiminal report

medical exams expire within 6 months and you must travel on an approved visa in that time

you will also need criminal reports from countries you have lived in in last 5 years for over a year and some of those expire in 90 days 

you applied in January / you have time to visit family in UK and return for everything

plus how could they deliver your passport from Paris if you need it to travel to UK?

Timeline

Yes that’s right, waiting for interview in Paris. 

I plan to go to UK in July, to save flying everywhere I was hoping to wait there for next steps with visa.

If the medical certificate has a 6 month validity I should have enough time (so long as there are no RFE’s) 

i have the criminal reports too 🤗

Edited by Aleches3

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Aleches3 said:

Yes that’s right, waiting for interview in Paris. 

I plan to go to UK in July, to save flying everywhere I was hoping to wait there for next steps with visa.

If the medical certificate has a 6 month validity I should have enough time (so long as there are no RFE’s) 

i have the criminal reports too 🤗

Take the train to Paris or schedule your medical a few days in advance of your interview.  You do not need to do your medical in Portugal

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.