9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Marimari12 said:

Hi! NVC confirmed that received my case 28 days ago. My case wasn’t put into the system yet.

Is that taking that long nowadays? 4 weeks and counting...

How long does it usually take to get the case number? After that, how long should I expect to have my interview scheduled considering that I don’t get a checklist? 

Still within NVC processing time. Pivot cases takes 8-10weeks to get a case number while non pivot cases takes 4-6weeks to get a case number 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
22 hours ago, Marimari12 said:

Sorry to bother but what does pivot case means?

New on the NVC stage, trying to figure it out

thanks in advance! 

Pivot cases means ones that can do electronic processing. Certain countries like Canada can upload their documents and send it by email to the NVC. Others like the Philippines can only do snail mail.

1 minute ago, julieascott said:

Pivot cases means ones that can do electronic processing. Certain countries like Canada can upload their documents and send it by email to the NVC. Others like the Philippines can only do snail mail.

Got it, thanks! 

Where can I get the information whether Brazil is a pivot case or not?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 hours ago, Marimari12 said:

Got it, thanks! 

Where can I get the information whether Brazil is a pivot case or not?

You probably can go this page.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-6-submit-documents-to-the-nvc.html

I'm very frustrated with the processing time as well.

Am I the only one going through this? Please share your stories.

Thank you.

My story:

- I received USCIS mail on Feb 7th and told to expect a mail from NVC in 30 days.

- USCIS text message on Feb 16th

- NVC claims they received on Feb 27th

- After 30 days NVC tells me projected completion times changed to 8 weeks

- Mid April they tell me they received on April 7th!!!! How can that change?! No explanation!!!

- After many calls and many different stories, being told its in some new electronic system or something and it will now take another 8 weeks from April 7th to just get my file started!!!

- Its already been 3 months since USCIS completed all their checks, etc :-( !

Edited by Finally2012
spelling error

• 3 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.