2,323 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

When did he apply? How many days left on his I94?

7 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

When did he apply? How many days left on his I94?

He applied on the 3rd of October and as of today he has over 1 mnth left.

1 minute ago, saeric said:

He applied on the 3rd of October and as of today he has over 1 mnth left.

Did they say the reason for his denial?

Did you provide the SSA agent with the following as outlined in VJ which proves that as a K1 he is eligible?

https://secure.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0110211530

2 hours ago, saeric said:

hello, so we applied for SSN and he was denied. I am confused

We are just as confused especially since you really haven't given any details to the reason why? Knowing the whole story let's us help you with our knowledge. So if you would like, expand upon your short answer with the "meat" of what happened and the reasoning they gave you for the denial. Did you present the POMS RM 10211.530 to the agent?

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
10 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

We are just as confused especially since you really haven't given any details to the reason why? Knowing the whole story let's us help you with our knowledge. So if you would like, expand upon your short answer with the "meat" of what happened and the reasoning they gave you for the denial. Did you present the POMS RM 10211.530 to the agent?

I didn’t present the poms because the agent sounded like he knew a K1 could get an ssn. But when it took over a month we became worried and started calling. Nobody had anything to say. The denial letter just said provide more documentation and let us know if we were wrong for denying you.

39 minutes ago, saeric said:

I didn’t present the poms because the agent sounded like he knew a K1 could get an ssn. But when it took over a month we became worried and started calling. Nobody had anything to say. The denial letter just said provide more documentation and let us know if we were wrong for denying you.

So did you go back in person and "provide more documentation"? It COULD be an error and because you haven't gone back you have been SOL...SSA is notorious for not helping over the phone.

What documents did you provide them for them to they would say you did not provide enough? It COULD be a simple error that the agent missed and you failed to provide but if you dont tell US what you documents provided, we cant help you.

Your details of the situation are still very cryptic. I have asked you more than twice and your responses to me sound like you are just shrugging and dont care about the effort I am making to help you. Maybe others will want to squeeze the info out of you but I'm not one to try to help someone who is just posting for attention.

Timeline
9 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

So did you go back in person and "provide more documentation"? It COULD be an error and because you haven't gone back you have been SOL...SSA is notorious for not helping over the phone.

What documents did you provide them for them to they would say you did not provide enough? It COULD be a simple error that the agent missed and you failed to provide but if you dont tell US what you documents provided, we cant help you.

Your details of the situation are still very cryptic. I have asked you more than twice and your responses to me sound like you are just shrugging and dont care about the effort I am making to help you. Maybe others will want to squeeze the info out of you but I'm not one to try to help someone who is just posting for attention.

It’s is a hopeless situation. We went back to the ssn office and they said call DHS they need to do verification. I called DHS they said call UScis I called and they said oh your case is not with us anymore call NVC and NVC provided me with case numbers and said it’s social security. Said they couldn’t do much because all they do is Everify and I should hear from ssn soon and I said I already heard back the lady said nothing she could do. I am so confused

1 hour ago, saeric said:

It’s is a hopeless situation. We went back to the ssn office and they said call DHS they need to do verification. I called DHS they said call UScis I called and they said oh your case is not with us anymore call NVC and NVC provided me with case numbers and said it’s social security. Said they couldn’t do much because all they do is Everify and I should hear from ssn soon and I said I already heard back the lady said nothing she could do. I am so confused

My opinion is that "the ship has sailed" and you now will have to wait till after your receive your TAD where at that time you shouldn't have any problems. I think you ran into a person that didn't know what to do or your case was not properly set to ready in the SAVE system. I-94 in the past trumped all of this. Just saying.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, AmericanDream2018 said:

Hi all

I was looking for MEDICAL QUESTIONAIRE to be filled and submitted on medical exam day. Do you know where do i get it from..? I am looking for NOT pdf link but the proper site please..Thanks

In my case, the Panel Physician provided it, filled, it out, signed it and submitted it with my sealed medical package. I was not at liberty to even see what it looked like. 

I've never heard anyone having to bring their own form.

12 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

In my case, the Panel Physician provided it, filled, it out, signed it and submitted it with my sealed medical package. I was not at liberty to even see what it looked like. 

I've never heard anyone having to bring their own form.

Thanks...found it with email from medical team..

• 4 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I think i posted in the wrong group, but hubby just got his greencard approved today and it has been a long road. I AM ELATED!

On 10/31/2018 at 10:37 AM, saeric said:

K1 can get a temp ssn. That was what my husband did until his EAD got approved. 

• 6 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
On 6/21/2018 at 11:12 AM, Greenbaum said:

SAMPLE EMPLOYMENT VERIFICATION LETTER
(Please have printed on company letterhead)

[date]

United States Embassy Non-Immigrant Visa Unit

[Address]

Re: Employment Verification for [Petitioner]

Dear Sir/Madam:

This letter serves to confirm that [Petitioner] remains currently employed with us on a fulltime basis in the position of [position].

He/She has been employed with our firm from xx/xx/xxxx.

His/Her salary is $XX,XXX per annum.

If you require additional information, please do not hesitate in contacting us.

Sincerely,

Under the United States Embassy Non-Immigrant Visa Unit would I put the address of the Embassy that my Fiance will be having the interview at?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.