2,323 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

The Civil Surgeons in the US are just a money grab. They can try to make you do anything they want just to get money from you. 

Go through the list of USCIS approved CS's and start calling around to ones in your area. 

You do not need another medical to apply for AOS but you WILL have to find a CS that will only endorse the I693 for your supplemental vaccines (flu shot only I'm assuming) and not charge you to do a whole new medical.

thx so much i'll start calling now 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Olumide & Funlola said:

My fiance had his interview today and we're APPROVED!!!!!! I'm so glad that this process has finally come to a close!! :D

Congratulations guys and I wish you more success in the journey ahead.

Timeline
1 hour ago, EllyNelly said:

Yay! congrats!!!

Mine is flying in tomorrow... how do we go about extending the fiancee visa? in maryland we have to apply for a license then do a court wedding (which i have to take time off from work to do)

Congratulations and journey mercy

36 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

The Civil Surgeons in the US are just a money grab. They can try to make you do anything they want just to get money from you. 

Go through the list of USCIS approved CS's and start calling around to ones in your area. 

You do not need another medical to apply for AOS but you WILL have to find a CS that will only endorse the I693 for your supplemental vaccines (flu shot only I'm assuming) and not charge you to do a whole new medical.

any recomandation?

Timeline
On 5/21/2018 at 9:02 AM, ChuAni said:

You two..

I just saw these and it kind of threw m of balance. So we need another letter of intent to marry? is this compulsory? I am hearing this for the first time

Timeline
On 6/3/2018 at 1:47 PM, CI rolling said:

Thank you God bless you @Greenbaum  @Naeswas tell me am sharing what I don't know.

If you choose finacee as your relative you are I soup I guess because they are trying to know if you are trying to get married to your brother or sister for you to come to the state.

According to the definition your relative is your brothers and sisters living abroad.

Your finacee is not your relative.....so none is the answer.

in the options, it said your fiance is part of your relative. It is clearly stated there

Timeline
6 hours ago, Olumide & Funlola said:

My fiance had his interview today and we're APPROVED!!!!!! I'm so glad that this process has finally come to a close!! :D

Congrats!

I flew in last 2 weeks. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, saeric said:

in the options, it said your fiance is part of your relative. It is clearly stated there

Yes! I picked it.

15 minutes ago, saeric said:

I just saw these and it kind of threw m of balance. So we need another letter of intent to marry? is this compulsory? I am hearing this for the first time

You need it. It isn't stated and wasn't asked during my interview, but you can have it as an extra.

Timeline
18 minutes ago, ChuAni said:

Yes! I picked it.

You need it. It isn't stated and wasn't asked during my interview, but you can have it as an extra.

Oh I see. Thank you. Did you ever email the embassy? if so how did you address it?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, saeric said:

Oh I see. Thank you. Did you ever email the embassy? if so how did you address it?

Hello; 

I'm .... with USCIS Number of WAC........ and NVC Case Number of LGS....... of K-1 VISA PETITION filed by my Fiancé, ....... on my behalf, requesting for the Packet 3 for K-1 Interview Preparation to be sent to me.

Timeline
18 minutes ago, ChuAni said:
Hello; 

I'm .... with USCIS Number of WAC........ and NVC Case Number of LGS....... of K-1 VISA PETITION filed by my Fiancé, ....... on my behalf, requesting for the Packet 3 for K-1 Interview Preparation to be sent to me.

Thank you Nwanne!

Timeline
On 5/30/2018 at 10:07 AM, ChuAni said:

To Consulate or To Whom It May Concern (Mine reads this way)...

this is what I was asking. Found it. do you have any info about medical in abuja? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, saeric said:

this is what I was asking. Found it. do you have any info about medical in abuja? 

Give them a call..

Dr. Aden Guliye
Migration Health Assessment Centre
(MHAC)
International Organization for Migration
(IOM)
No. 4, Buchanan Close
Off Buchanan Crescent and off Aminu Kano
Crescent
Wuse II, Abuja-FCT
Tel: +234(0)8072191122, 080 9573 7898,
or 080 8522 1427

Timeline
19 minutes ago, ChuAni said:

Give them a call..

Dr. Aden Guliye
Migration Health Assessment Centre
(MHAC)
International Organization for Migration
(IOM)
No. 4, Buchanan Close
Off Buchanan Crescent and off Aminu Kano
Crescent
Wuse II, Abuja-FCT
Tel: +234(0)8072191122, 080 9573 7898,
or 080 8522 1427

I did and they booked an appointment for monday. I sent an email to ask about the turn around time and they didnt respond. they hardly pick up their phone. I am about to book our interview date so I am just making sure

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.