1,901 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Just now, Reqahmed said:

Is it pivot ?

Oh it is, yes. Good point. @Virprincess might not have to wait as long as I did.

Nebraska Service Centre / Frankfurt Embassy

2016/03/30 - Married!

2017/07/14 - Sent off our I-130 packet to the Chicago Lockbox (Filed from abroad)

2017/07/24 - NOA1 (sent to Nebraska)

2018/03/02 - NOA2 (Approved!)

2018/03/19 - "We sent your petition to the Department of State"

2018/03/23 - NVC received petition

2018/05/17 - Case# received and fees paid

2018/05/21 - Case# changed -- can't log in with the new one so "we've sent in a 'ticket' to get it fixed"

2018/05/22 - Scan date. Ticket worked, submitted all our paperwork until the wee hours of the morning. 

2018/06/11 - CC!!! "Documentarily Qualified"

2018/06/25 - Got interview date for July 11; but we must reschedule for August. 

2018/06/26 - Medical

2018/06/28 - New interview date received (for August 13th)

2018/08/13 - Interview in Frankfurt!!! They asked for certified translations.

2018/08/28 - Sent in translations

2018/09/06 - CEAC status changed to "ISSUED!!!"

2018/09/13 - Passport received in the mail! Everything is beautiful.

1 minute ago, jesserz said:

Oh it is, yes. Good point. @Virprincess might not have to wait as long as I did.

Well i can see lots of pivot case taking upto 10-11 weeks. I am not sure whether I'm pivot or not. Still waiting for case

Hello Everybody, 

AOS and IV Application is submitted today 23 May. Now wait is started for the CC.

Please tell me , now how much time NVC will take to review?.How NVC will contact me if some thing missing or they need some more info.?

Islamabad Embassy , i am pivot and uploaded all the required docs,when i should expect the INTERVIEW?. The online  status at the  NVC is now Submitted, what will be the next online status to show?

What is pivot means? And do u have already your date for the interview @jesserz ? And how long takes after u got your number from nvc to they got your fees? @jesserz

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Just now, Virprincess said:

What is pivot means? And do u have already your date for the interview @jesserz ? And how long takes after u got your number from nvc to they got your fees? @jesserz

PIVOT means that you submit all your documents online and don't mail anything in. It depends on the embassy whether or not it's PIVOT and I don't know about your embassy. I don't have an interview date yet, I just submitted all my files last night. And I was able to pay my fees as soon as I got my case#. We paid them that day.

So it goes:

Case#

Fees

Submit (mail or email or through the PIVOT program)

Case Complete

Interview

Nebraska Service Centre / Frankfurt Embassy

2016/03/30 - Married!

2017/07/14 - Sent off our I-130 packet to the Chicago Lockbox (Filed from abroad)

2017/07/24 - NOA1 (sent to Nebraska)

2018/03/02 - NOA2 (Approved!)

2018/03/19 - "We sent your petition to the Department of State"

2018/03/23 - NVC received petition

2018/05/17 - Case# received and fees paid

2018/05/21 - Case# changed -- can't log in with the new one so "we've sent in a 'ticket' to get it fixed"

2018/05/22 - Scan date. Ticket worked, submitted all our paperwork until the wee hours of the morning. 

2018/06/11 - CC!!! "Documentarily Qualified"

2018/06/25 - Got interview date for July 11; but we must reschedule for August. 

2018/06/26 - Medical

2018/06/28 - New interview date received (for August 13th)

2018/08/13 - Interview in Frankfurt!!! They asked for certified translations.

2018/08/28 - Sent in translations

2018/09/06 - CEAC status changed to "ISSUED!!!"

2018/09/13 - Passport received in the mail! Everything is beautiful.

Looking for opinion from others on this....

The affidavit of support and minimum income guidelines. It's just my wife and I. I understand I need to make roughly 20k per year based on the guidelines. I make around 40k per year and have about 20k in cash across my banks. Is that enough? I have family that is also willing to cosponsor but I don't want to put them through the hassle and paperwork if I'm good by myself.

I know the guidelines just looking for opinions from others.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 minutes ago, jwferg said:

Looking for opinion from others on this....

The affidavit of support and minimum income guidelines. It's just my wife and I. I understand I need to make roughly 20k per year based on the guidelines. I make around 40k per year and have about 20k in cash across my banks. Is that enough? I have family that is also willing to cosponsor but I don't want to put them through the hassle and paperwork if I'm good by myself.

I know the guidelines just looking for opinions from others.

Thanks!

If you make 40000 a year than you make double what is required ..relax you got this 

On 5/21/2018 at 11:52 PM, Seniorachen said:

Nvc left....

Status in transit

May 2,2018 ds261

May 21 case complete

May 22 status no action required on process

May 23 status in transit and received the expedited letter.

4 hours ago, camilleRichard said:

Pls Enlighten me , i am about to cross out what should be enclosed in IV and AOS 

Proof of US Status : do i need to enclosed this if my husband (petitioner) is the only sponsoring me . 

Proof of Domicile: He is living in US ,and been citizen due to naturalization

Petitioner Civil docs : is this his US Passport? Do we need to send His birthcertificate he was born in Philippines..

Any one who Cross out enclosed OTHER supporting documents? what are the examples of these aside from writen in Checklist cover sheet.. 

Sorry too many questions .. 

Proof of US Status: US Passport and/or Birth Certificate, or whatever documents needed to prove petitioner's US Status.

Proof of Domicile: Not Applicable if he has been living full time in the US. (I think. Double check, though)

Petitioner Civil Documents: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificates, Divorce documents, etc... (Might not be applicable in your case. Double check).

Other supporting documents might not be required, but may include proof of relationships, and any other documents that may, or may not be required but may help your case.

Don't rely on my response, though. I think other are more knowledgeable than I about these things.

USCIS:
2017-07-17: Sent I-130
2017-07-21: NOA1
2018-02-12: NOA2
NVC:
2018-03-06: NVC received case
2018-04-12: NVC Case #
2018-05-10: Pay IV fee

2018-05-16: Submit AoS/IV documents
2018-05-21: Scan Date
2018-05-24: Case Complete

2018-05-29: Interview scheduled for July

Embassy:

2018-07-17: Interview date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello everyone. 

Good new. I just checked my status and it say "At NVC" so i called and they confirm that the case is complete. So happy. :) 

14 minutes ago, hl and bl said:

@visajones. hey my case is completed today. 

Scan date: 05/17/2018

case completed: 05/23/2018.

Congrats! Happy for you. my status is also "at NVC" but we havent called. figured to give em a break for a day.lol. Look at @Seniorachen status below. I think thats what gonna happen next, (without the expedited letter). Does your embassy do interviews early in the month? 

4 hours ago, Seniorachen said:

May 2,2018 ds261

May 21 case complete

May 22 status no action required on process

May 23 status in transit and received the expedited letter.

10/27/2012 got married

2 dogs n 5 cats later....

➺ 03/28/2017 I-130 Sent

➺ 04/3/2017  NOA-1

------------------------a whoping 261 days later

➺ 12/20/2017 NOA-2 Date

➺ 01/02/2018 Case sent to NVC

==============================NVC======================================

➺ 01/23/18 Case number and IIN assigned! 

➺ 01/25/18 DS-261, choice of agent  filled 

➺ 01/26/18 AOS bill invoiced

➺ 01/27/18 AOS paid 

➺ 02/01/18 IV bill invoiced and paid

➺ 02/07/18  DS-260 completed and submitted

➺ 05/11/18 AOS and IV packages sent (EMS from Indonesia)

➺ 05/16/18 IV and AOS package delivered to NVC

➺ 05/23/18 Got CC at NVC!  

=============================EMBASSY=====================================

➺ 05/31/18  Interview date assigned 

➺ 06/29/18 Medical Check (a week later the RS.Premier Bintaro sent the result to US Embassy)

➺ 07/31/18  interview!-- CEAC showed "Issued" a day later

➺ 08/03/18 Visa in hand

➺ 12/16/18 Point of entry: Houston

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
24 minutes ago, vistajones said:

Congrats! Happy for you. my status is also "at NVC" but we havent called. figured to give em a break for a day.lol. Look at @Seniorachen status below. I think thats what gonna happen next, (without the expedited letter). Does your embassy do interviews early in the month? 

LOL. OMG also congratulation.

Yeah. I check other people cc and interview date. I am expecting beginning of July. 

Edited by hl and bl

8 hours ago, camilleRichard said:

Pls Enlighten me , i am about to cross out what should be enclosed in IV and AOS 

Proof of US Status : do i need to enclosed this if my husband (petitioner) is the only sponsoring me . ===Yes, most definitely Your sponsor has to be US Citizen/LPR so any paperwork that shows US status is needed. (US passport/naturalization paper/ US birth certificate/green card) 

Proof of Domicile: He is living in US ,and been citizen due to naturalization=== if he has other paperwork (like  W-2 issued by US company), proving that he's been living in the US,working.  he doesnt need this.

Petitioner Civil docs : is this his US Passport? Do we need to send His birth certificate he was born in Philippines..==I would enclosed his Philippines birth certificate, you could add his driver's license/state ID as well.

Any one who Cross out enclosed OTHER supporting documents? what are the examples of these aside from writen in Checklist cover sheet..===I did cross this out (bank statements/foreign paystubs/other docs

Sorry too many questions .. 

8 hours ago, camilleRichard said:

What is the difference of IRS Tax transcript and Federal Income Tax Transcript ? 

It's actually  IRS Tax transcript and Federal Income Tax Return. Tax return is the tax form that your hubby filled out and filed to IRS along with his W-2. He can request IRS Tax transcript from the IRS after they processed his tax return.

The transcript for 2017 may not be available yet, so he can send out his tax return+W-2+any other form/schedule that he sent to IRS when he filed tax.

my husband says it is the same but in checklist it is separated .. 

He filed already his tax last april 2017 for year 2017 .. 

Edited by vistajones

10/27/2012 got married

2 dogs n 5 cats later....

➺ 03/28/2017 I-130 Sent

➺ 04/3/2017  NOA-1

------------------------a whoping 261 days later

➺ 12/20/2017 NOA-2 Date

➺ 01/02/2018 Case sent to NVC

==============================NVC======================================

➺ 01/23/18 Case number and IIN assigned! 

➺ 01/25/18 DS-261, choice of agent  filled 

➺ 01/26/18 AOS bill invoiced

➺ 01/27/18 AOS paid 

➺ 02/01/18 IV bill invoiced and paid

➺ 02/07/18  DS-260 completed and submitted

➺ 05/11/18 AOS and IV packages sent (EMS from Indonesia)

➺ 05/16/18 IV and AOS package delivered to NVC

➺ 05/23/18 Got CC at NVC!  

=============================EMBASSY=====================================

➺ 05/31/18  Interview date assigned 

➺ 06/29/18 Medical Check (a week later the RS.Premier Bintaro sent the result to US Embassy)

➺ 07/31/18  interview!-- CEAC showed "Issued" a day later

➺ 08/03/18 Visa in hand

➺ 12/16/18 Point of entry: Houston

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.