1,901 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
22 minutes ago, R&OC said:

Gosh - what was I thinking! I thought the NVC stage would be a fast process. How wrong I was. 8 business days of waiting for a cc and at this rate counting ...

I had to vent. I know I am not the most patient person on the planet (as my husband rightly acknowledges).

Just in case, if anybody is still interested: Research indicates that we need three aspects to be met in order for us to feel happy in life. (1) be part of a group or a good sense of belonging (2) Appreciation - feeling valued, appreciated and acknowledged, and (3) last but not least - having a sense of control over your own life. Hahaha - that went down pretty fast.

Okay, off to happier thoughts now.

Haha aww I am day 14 and this is torture. I feel the lack of control really brings out the worst in me but we will be okay soon! I am super inpatient and hate surprises. Haha 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
6 minutes ago, jovandonovon17 said:

Texas service center

Noa: 0ctober 23rd 2017

Noa 2: April 13th 2018

Sent to NVC : May 8th 2018

NVC received: May 15th 2018

TSC spent a month jus to send my NOA2 over to NVC, now I have to wait 8 weeks for case number 😭😭😭

I know it is a bunch of baloney and there is no rhyme or reason.  I had friends that took eight weeks for TSC USCIS ship case to the NVC.  Then the NVC generated their case number in two weeks LOL go figure!  and within a couple of months they were already entering the USA after the interview.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
44 minutes ago, R&OC said:

Gosh - what was I thinking! I thought the NVC stage would be a fast process. How wrong I was. 8 business days of waiting for a cc and at this rate counting ...

I had to vent. I know I am not the most patient person on the planet (as my husband rightly acknowledges).

Just in case, if anybody is still interested: Research indicates that we need three aspects to be met in order for us to feel happy in life. (1) be part of a group or a good sense of belonging (2) Appreciation - feeling valued, appreciated and acknowledged, and (3) last but not least - having a sense of control over your own life. Hahaha - that went down pretty fast.

Our PD date was July 3rd 2017, we got approved 2 months after you, we still have at least 5 weeks waiting for a case number. Be happy that your process is going smooth ;) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 hours ago, rose1222 said:

Hi all ; 

NVC received my case on April 11th ( 5 weeks today ) , waiting for case number!! non -pivot :(

Hey! Non-pivot case,received by nvc on March 26 and STILL no case number!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, R&OC said:

It's a mild expression of frustration you're displaying for what it is, and contrary to some who find this a competition of whose situation sucks more, in reality, it all blows. This process has nothing to do with patience and has everything to do with your point #3. There's no vocabulary deep enough to express how much resentment and anger I feel right now. Hope you get your CC soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Finally received my case number 

received March 26

received case# May 16

non pivot

i was told that it may take up to 4weeks to get an email so I can pay the fees😩😩😩

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
11 minutes ago, skyzee said:

It's a mild expression of frustration you're displaying for what it is, and contrary to some who find this a competition of whose situation sucks more, in reality, it all blows. This process has nothing to do with patience and has everything to do with your point #3. There's no vocabulary deep enough to express how much resentment and anger I feel right now. Hope you get your CC soon.

Yaay! Finally, my status changed to "paid". 😊😊 Check your status too. Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
7 minutes ago, LatoyaL said:

received March 26

received case# May 16

non pivot

i was told that it may take up to 4weeks to get an email so I can pay the fees😩😩😩

Great! Congratulations.!!! My date is March 30th ..almost there!!!

Timeline
11 minutes ago, LatoyaL said:

received March 26

received case# May 16

non pivot

Congrats. Looks like non-pivot is slowing down too now. Sorry, hope you get your invoices soon.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, ABK said:

Yaay! Finally, my status changed to "paid". 😊😊 Check your status too. Good luck!

Thanks, probably tomorrow then for me since I was a day behind you in paying fees.

How it takes almost a week to process payment alone is beyond me. If a company tried that garbage, they'd be out of business so fast. What can I say besides tax payer money hard at work and on display. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ben & Katy said:

I know it is a bunch of baloney and there is no rhyme or reason.  I had friends that took eight weeks for TSC USCIS ship case to the NVC.  Then the NVC generated their case number in two weeks LOL go figure!  and within a couple of months they were already entering the USA after the interview.  

This process has slow down a lot over the last few months when we got NOA2 back at the end of July, I was able to get a case number within a week but also NVC took like 2 months to review your package, so it might all be the same time frame in the end. Except to get an interview was a lot faster too, now we have to wait at least 2 months just to get a scheduled interview date. Then another 2 months for the actual interview.  Sucks! :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 minutes ago, CA1515 said:

This process has slow down a lot over the last few months when we got NOA2 back at the end of July, I was able to get a case number within a week but also NVC took like 2 months to review your package, so it might all be the same time frame in the end. Except to get an interview was a lot faster too, now we have to wait at least 2 months just to get a scheduled interview date. Then another 2 months for the actual interview.  Sucks! :(

We live together in her home country but we are anxious to leave because we are constantly battling with no running water and high crime where we live in Mexico. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
8 hours ago, vistajones said:

NVC received our IV and AOS package today.Took us a while to get those packages ready.:unsure:

Anybody with around the same progress?

Hi. I sent my package yesterday and they received today. I am going to call them tomorrow to see if they scanned it in.  Hoping to get CC by next week or end of the week. 

So, I just got this on the USCIS site, and also got an email and text message!!! Now what???  “On May 16, 2018, we sent your case, Receipt Number ***********, to the Department of State for visa processing. You can find general information on Consular Processing by visiting our website at www.uscis.gov . The website will provide information on what to do next, who to contact, and how to inform us of any changes in your situation or address.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.