1,901 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, R&OC said:

Hey everyone,

I am currently filling out the DS 260 and I noticed that my form DOES NOT ask me for an employment history or my academic background at all. Did you guys have the same experience? The example found here and on the internet still has those questions in it.

Please share with me as I am totally irritate and I am not sure if I should send it off or not? Submit it or not, I should say?

I filled it out couple of days ago and mine included those questions. I would reach out to NVC just to make sure

Edited by Daniel1365

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
1 hour ago, R&OC said:

Hey everyone,

I am currently filling out the DS 260 and I noticed that my form DOES NOT ask me for an employment history or my academic background at all. Did you guys have the same experience? The example found here and on the internet still has those questions in it.

Please share with me as I am totally irritate and I am not sure if I should send it off or not? Submit it or not, I should say?

It asks for employment history and academic background for the applicant only and not the petitioner. 

Hi Every body 

just called NVC, lady was nice and helpful, asked about mine and beneficiary info. Then she said that your case was sent to the Supervisor on 

Friday. 

what that means as far processing is concern and how much more time to wait to get the case number . 

I am PIVOT and NVC received on 9 March. Any thoughts guys?

Edited by alan foster

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
6 hours ago, Elrona said:

Thank you! I have been back to Germany for short trips, but have not lived there any more. So it seems in that case it should be okay if its expired.

Did not know it about the NZ one. It will definitely be easier if it can be sent straight to embassy but I thought that you'd need to include the police certificates for the last steps in NVC.

@CR1Journey2017 alright guys so i found out about the new zealand police certificate issue on the NVC website where u have the option to select the country of where u need to get documents from and they explain u exactly what they need. i actually got a criminal record from nz last month (lived there 6 months) be sent to my friend in NZ for then her mail it to me in colombia (currently residing here to be close to husband) and after receiving it i found out it is the wrong one..i have not asked my friend to mail it me i just have a scanned copy and will send that to NVC when they ask for my police certificates (got 4 to obtain -_-) but will do the Vetting Section 14 a week or two before my interview. Read from another person they send an email stating the certificate has been sent to X country’s US embassy.  if you look down below the form it says to fill out case number and address of country’s us embassy ! 

What i think i’ll do is since my i-130 has just been approved and my lawyer asked to gather all police certificates now when they have to be sent to NVC i’ll send a copy of the standard one, then figure out how long it takes for the official one to get to the us embassy ...ugh sorry if i was confusing, i’m drowning from all the certificates i need to get and pay certified translations..

do u guys have a case number already?

MY JOURNEY INTO GETTING A FIRST-TIME GREEN CARD, RENEWING A GREEN CARD, AND OBTAINING U.S. CITIZENSHIP:

I-130: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/08/23/my-spouse-visa-process-and-timeline-ir1-cr1/ From Colombia 🇨🇴

I-751: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/09/12/i-751-joint-petition-to-remove-conditions-on-residence/From Japan 🇯🇵 (Military spouse overseas)

N-400: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2022/08/03/3430/ From Japan 🇯🇵 

BLOG:  https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/inmigr/   

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
54 minutes ago, alan foster said:

Hi Every body 

just called NVC, lady was nice and helpful, asked about mine and beneficiary info. Then she said that your case was sent to the Supervisor on 

Friday. 

what that means as far processing is concern and how much more time to wait to get the case number . 

I am PIVOT and NVC received on 9 March. Any thoughts guys?

You should get case number within a week now. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, Daniel1365 said:

I filled it out couple of days ago and mine included those questions. I would reach out to NVC just to make sure

I called the NVC and we double and triple checked... no missing information... the whole section where one is asked about prior military service and additional information? I only have the military service question...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
1 hour ago, DaisyMae said:

Hi everyone! Got my case number May 3rd. How long does it really take for them to send the welcome letter? I called earlier and the lady said 4 weeks 😱😱😱 

in my case 4 days. they also told me up to 4 weeks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 minutes ago, ABK said:

Is the email with case and invoice number called the welcome letter or is it something different?

Yes that is the welcome letter. If you open the letter it should say "NVC Welcome Letter (ACL)"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
6 minutes ago, hl and bl said:

Yes that is the welcome letter. If you open the letter it should say "NVC Welcome Letter (ACL)"

You mean they send the welcome letter by mail? My email doesn't say NVC Welcome Letter. It just says 'Notice of visa case creation'.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.