1,901 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, maxis27 said:

Did your bank said pending when you made your first IV payment or it didn't show up on your bank at all? 

Not at all, nothing. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, MRS T said:

i have a few questions for those that already submitted documents,

1. if you reside in the U.S, there is no need for proof of Domicile right?

2. Proof of U.S Status is only if there is a co sponsor and not for the petitioner correct?

3. what is the Petitioners Civil document?

I called NVC to inquire on the Court Record, my country only provides one document called Certificate of Non-Conviction, the lady told me to mark Not applicable for Court record if the Beneficiary has never been to court and use the certificate of non conviction as the Police Certificate, any insight on this?

Im trying to prevent getting check list. thanks in advance for the help.

Yea. The lady is absolutely correct.

Edited by Abies

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
26 minutes ago, HariMS said:

yes that is perfect order :) If you have already received your NVC welcome email, then you can call NVC tomorrow and get your DS-261 verified over the phone. Else, wait for your NVC welcome letter and then once you receive it, call them and get it verified. They will verify DS-261 only after you receive your welcome letter. Then after it is verified, the AOS link will be active and in a couple of days IV fee payment link also will be active. :) Hope it helps

Yes. Thank you

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, NilsaAnil21 said:

Update

I got case complete today! Yay! Congrats to anyone else who got a CC too! 😃

Congrats!! So fast! We just submitted doc's today..I hope we get the same time frame!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, maxis27 said:

So, I paid my IV fee yesterday after receiving invoice email from NVC. Everything went smooth and the payment status was showing processing. However, today I got the same invoice again in my email and when I went to the site the status says pay now. So I called NVC and one agent told me it is a browser issue and the system already rejected my fee which is why I got the second invoice. I was then told to call my bank and cancel the payment and make the IV payment again. I hung up, called again and I explained my situation but this agent told me to wait until payment is cleared before we go any further. 

Has anyone encountered this issue?

Immigrant_Visa_-_Summary_Information.jpg

Please call your bank to Clear the payment and wait a few days for that to happen. It will appear as paid. It happened to us when we were going through nvc. Don't pay again.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
5 hours ago, hl and bl said:

omg congratulation. So happy for you

Tx so.much...can u explain me what the difference between case number nd invoice number..i thought is the same

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Seniorachen said:

Happy for you!!!!!:jest:

Oh thx so much .hope all of us hv our visa soon.so we can finally happy with our families

6 hours ago, Herostratus said:

Just received my Case and Invoice Number.  Received at NVC Feb 27th, Pivot Case. 

Oh! We have the same receipt date. Did you find out by calling them or did you receive a welcome letter?

Spoiler

USCIS

NOA1 for I-130: March 29, 2017

RFE response received by USCIS: Dec 28, 2017

NOA2: Feb 9, 2018

Sent to NVC: Feb 16, 2018

NVC (PIVOT case)

Case received: Feb 27, 2018

Case number received, AOS and IV fees paid: May 7, 2018

AOS and IV submitted: May 15, 2018

CC: May 30, 2018

Interview scheduled: June 15, 2018

Consulate stage

Medical exam: July 3, 2018
Interview: July 11, 2018

Consulate received medical exam results: July 18, 2018

Something went very wrong with my passport delivery (see here)

Passport in hand: July 31, 2018

POE Seattle: August 6, 2018

ROC

NOA1 for I-751: July 31, 2020 (MSC)

Biometrics taken: July 20, 2021 (Portland, OR)

Case status changed to "Ready for Interview to be Scheduled": July 21, 2021

Timeline
4 hours ago, Peachess said:

Please call your bank to Clear the payment and wait a few days for that to happen. It will appear as paid. It happened to us when we were going through nvc. Don't pay again.

4 hours ago, Peachess said:

I got my case number nd the invoice number..by phone when i can start to pay..when ll b actived

8 hours ago, hl and bl said:

omg congratulation. So happy for you

Tx so.much...can u explain me what the difference between case number nd invoice number..i thought is the same

2 hours ago, Faizal said:

1 may I got email of case was sent to the department of state now how much time to wait for nvc case number 

It took about 6 weeks for me to get it 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.