dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview June 2018

1,176 posts in this topic

On 4/30/2018 at 8:07 PM, L&J15 said:

Hello everyone, my friends!!

My wife received her passport returned in 2 days and yesterday my wife and I entered the US, everything went wonderful, the immigration officer took the envelope and asked us some questions (which I don't remember anymore) lol took a picture to my wife and her fingerprints of the right hand, and just he said, Welcome to the USA!!

It's great to know that all this is over, that I can live quietly knowing that I have my wife by my side and that this whole process tackled with so many feelings is just a memory!
Thanks to all those who helped in my experience, my best wishes to you and may God bless you greatly!!

I'm so happy!!!:luv::dance:

oh wow, so happy to hear the passport came so quickly and so happy to hear you are together for good, this makes me tear up. I can't wait until I can say the same has happened for us and all the distance and stress of this process will be worth it. I wish you both all the best!!!

On 5/1/2018 at 1:13 AM, Caro559 said:

For people going to cdj, my husband lives here in the U.S. but he needs a carta de antecedentes no penales from Morelia, since he is from Michoacán. I have heard that he can get it from the police department in ciudad Juárez, I've seen videos on YouTube about people talking about it too but I'm just not sure. Has anyone from a different state got that paper in ciudad Juárez? His interview date is May 22 btw

How long did it take after case complete to get your interview date for ciudad juarez? My husband and I are waiting for appointment there are case completed on April 14th

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
10 hours ago, Moses E said:

Good day everyone, I want to let the house know that I had my interview yesterday and got approved. It as a very long wait but at the end it ended beautifully with an approval. 

The questions were direct closed end questions

1. Where my spouse stays, 

2. Where does my spouse work

3. What do I do for a living 

4. Where do I work

5. Where do we plan on settling down in the US? 

6. Where did we get married

7. Whey did we get married in my country.

8. Does my spouse have any relatives in my country

9. Have either of us been married before? 

10. When was the last time I saw my spouse? 

11. How did we meet? 

12. What state was my spouse born in the US 

They then returned some documents to me and said congratulations, "your visa has been approved". Was also told that my passport and documents will be mailed back to me within 2 wks

A very big thank you to vj forum and every active participant. I am most honoured to have met this grp. I don't know how I wld have endured this long tortuous wait with my mind still intact if not for you all. 

This process is a true test of one's patience and I wish everyone who has gone thru this process wld never again in this life time hv their patience tested

Congratulations to you. Its always nice to read success stories from Naijas.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
10 hours ago, Tmendoza said:

How long did it take after case complete to get your interview date for ciudad juarez? My husband and I are waiting for appointment there are case completed on April 14th

Our CC was on January 30 and I believe I received the interview appointment by phone on March 28 so 3 long months of waiting but 2 months to get ready which is good and bad. It's a long time to get prepared but you just want to get it over with already

Timeline
14 hours ago, aactiontj said:

Its usually stamped valid for 3 months but it's still valid for 1 year. 

12 hours ago, Abies said:

Yes.. For immigration purpose,the PCC is valid for one calender year.

Thanks for the response, I appreciate 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Zaynab Fatai said:

Hi VJers

i just had my interview an hour ago in Lagos embassy & I was approved. 

My Interview was scheduled for 6:45am but I arrived there are 5:30am and we went in at 6:30am, did the biometrics and all. 

CO: Goodmorning ma with a smile 

Me: Morning with a smile as well. 

CO: is this your child? 

ME: yes, she’s our child. 

CO: Did your husband file for her?

Me: No, we already applied for U.S Passport and Birth Certificate with the U.S embassy in Abuja. 

CO: Was she approved? 

Me: I’m yet to hear from them. 

CO: but, was she given a conditional approval?

ME: Yes 

CO: Brilliant (He checked the system and found my Baby’s details and confirmed to me) 

he went back to his system and typed some things and said your visa is been approved. 

He issued me with 2 white papers and said safe travels when you get your document and that of your Child and good luck in the U.S. 

Thanks to everyone here who made my journey so easy, wishing you all success in your endeavors.

Congrats once again

Timeline
10 hours ago, SSeb said:

Finally got interview date over phone on June 7 in Montreal, Canada

Finally, congrats :jest:

Service Center:             Nebraska Service Center

Marriage:                         July 12th 2017

I-I30 Sent:                        August 25th 2017 

I-I30 NAO1:                     August 28th 2017

I-I30 Approved:               November 22nd 2017

NVC Received:                December 9th 2017

Pay AOS Bill:                   December 12th 2017

Pay IV Bill:                       December 14th 2017

Send AOS Package:       December 15th 2017

Send IV Package:           December 15th 2017

Completed DS-260:        December 16th 2017

Scan Date:                      December 19th 2017

Checklist:                        February 2nd 2018  ( NVC requested for the National Populace Birth Certificate )

2nd Scan Date:              February 6th 2018

CC Date:                          March 17th 2018

Interview Date:              May 8th 2018

Interview Result:           APPROVED !!!

Visa Pick up Date:         May 11th 2018

POE Date:                        May 18th 2018

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Zaynab Fatai said:

Hi VJers

i just had my interview an hour ago in Lagos embassy & I was approved. 

My Interview was scheduled for 6:45am but I arrived there are 5:30am and we went in at 6:30am, did the biometrics and all. 

CO: Goodmorning ma with a smile 

Me: Morning with a smile as well. 

CO: is this your child? 

ME: yes, she’s our child. 

CO: Did your husband file for her?

Me: No, we already applied for U.S Passport and Birth Certificate with the U.S embassy in Abuja. 

CO: Was she approved? 

Me: I’m yet to hear from them. 

CO: but, was she given a conditional approval?

ME: Yes 

CO: Brilliant (He checked the system and found my Baby’s details and confirmed to me) 

he went back to his system and typed some things and said your visa is been approved. 

He issued me with 2 white papers and said safe travels when you get your document and that of your Child and good luck in the U.S. 

Thanks to everyone here who made my journey so easy, wishing you all success in your endeavors.

Congrats :jest: My wife is next in line now for testimony :)

Service Center:             Nebraska Service Center

Marriage:                         July 12th 2017

I-I30 Sent:                        August 25th 2017 

I-I30 NAO1:                     August 28th 2017

I-I30 Approved:               November 22nd 2017

NVC Received:                December 9th 2017

Pay AOS Bill:                   December 12th 2017

Pay IV Bill:                       December 14th 2017

Send AOS Package:       December 15th 2017

Send IV Package:           December 15th 2017

Completed DS-260:        December 16th 2017

Scan Date:                      December 19th 2017

Checklist:                        February 2nd 2018  ( NVC requested for the National Populace Birth Certificate )

2nd Scan Date:              February 6th 2018

CC Date:                          March 17th 2018

Interview Date:              May 8th 2018

Interview Result:           APPROVED !!!

Visa Pick up Date:         May 11th 2018

POE Date:                        May 18th 2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.