dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview June 2018

1,176 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
9 hours ago, Meno said:

My husband's interview was on May 24th in barbados and he got approved!!!! Now its time too prepare for him to be here in two weeks!!!

Congratulations!! So many approvals coming through. Praying it stays so for everyone waiting!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
17 hours ago, Peachess said:

My dear VJers, I am now officially a US permanent resident. I got into America last night at 8:45pm Est. 

POE Atlanta. 

Everything went very smooth from filing at uscis, to nvc, to interview and then POE. The whole journey from start to US entry took me 1 year and 4 days.. It is the Lords doing. I wish the rest of you Goodluck while I go start a family with DH :):D 

Congratulations!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 5/2/2018 at 5:57 AM, Moses E said:

Good day everyone, I want to let the house know that I had my interview yesterday and got approved. It as a very long wait but at the end it ended beautifully with an approval. 

The questions were direct closed end questions

1. Where my spouse stays, 

2. Where does my spouse work

3. What do I do for a living 

4. Where do I work

5. Where do we plan on settling down in the US? 

6. Where did we get married

7. Whey did we get married in my country.

8. Does my spouse have any relatives in my country

9. Have either of us been married before? 

10. When was the last time I saw my spouse? 

11. How did we meet? 

12. What state was my spouse born in the US 

They then returned some documents to me and said congratulations, "your visa has been approved". Was also told that my passport and documents will be mailed back to me within 2 wks

A very big thank you to vj forum and every active participant. I am most honoured to have met this grp. I don't know how I wld have endured this long tortuous wait with my mind still intact if not for you all. 

This process is a true test of one's patience and I wish everyone who has gone thru this process wld never again in this life time hv their patience tested

Beautiful! Congratulations... our CC on 5/4/18... waiting and manifesting the best. 

Timeline
18 hours ago, Peachess said:

My dear VJers, I am now officially a US permanent resident. I got into America last night at 8:45pm Est. 

POE Atlanta. 

Everything went very smooth from filing at uscis, to nvc, to interview and then POE. The whole journey from start to US entry took me 1 year and 4 days.. It is the Lords doing. I wish the rest of you Goodluck while I go start a family with DH :):D 

What a great post... very inspiring... anything is possible!! Welcome to America!!!!!!! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, truelove29 said:

Last update...we picked up my husbands visa yesterday!! They included the letter that said since we are part of the new modernized system, there is no packet to bring to the U.S. Everything is now electronic. We're going to wait until after our 2 year anniversary to move back, so he can get the IR-1.

I can't believe this process is finished!! Took a little over 13 months. We could not have done it without the help & support of everyone on this site. We're so grateful & it was really helpful to know that we weren't alone...and that it's normal to go through so many emotions during this process! I wish you all the best as you come to the end of this journey! 💖

Finally.. Congratulations! 

Timeline
On 5/28/2018 at 12:24 AM, Peachess said:

POE Atlanta. 

Congratulations!!! Enjoy your new journey in the States.

11 minutes ago, StuBear65 said:

Picked my visa up today. I can finally book my flights!!

Congrats!!! 

On 5/27/2018 at 11:24 PM, Peachess said:

POE Atlanta. 

Congratulations and welcome

Timeline
On 5/23/2018 at 6:15 AM, H-H said:

They did give us the passport in person with the visa. We asked for the packet and they said that Islamabad Embassy doesn't give out that packet anymore. There were two other people for spouse visa who got interviewed with us and they didn't get the packet either.

hey did u guys make it to usa ok and what was that process like at airport? i also had a question about receiving visa once approved. my wife tried to sign up for courier service but theres confusion if they will deliver it or u pick it up? do they give u options on how to get the visa/passport once ur approved? thanks!!

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

4 hours ago, truelove29 said:

Last update...we picked up my husbands visa yesterday!! They included the letter that said since we are part of the new modernized system, there is no packet to bring to the U.S. Everything is now electronic. We're going to wait until after our 2 year anniversary to move back, so he can get the IR-1.

I can't believe this process is finished!! Took a little over 13 months. We could not have done it without the help & support of everyone on this site. We're so grateful & it was really helpful to know that we weren't alone...and that it's normal to go through so many emotions during this process! I wish you all the best as you come to the end of this journey! 💖

Congrats! I'm so happy for you !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
2 minutes ago, NilsaAnil21 said:

Congrats! I'm so happy for you !

Thank you!! 

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.