Life_love

ATL Field office Filers?

614 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
10 hours ago, jd2502 said:

Hey. Good to hear you received the letter as well. As for the checklist its the general list they send you for relationship proofs. I did receive similar list. But I only took what I had like insurances, home and car. New Tax returns and bank statements and some photographs which was after my filing for I-751.

Hope this helps you figure what you can bring what you have and not what they have exactly asked for.

Btw I also received update on the Oath Ceremony today. Awaiting the letter online now to see what date it is.

Ok, I was nervous that we needed to submit utility statements. We purposefully did not submit those with the I-751 because there is only one name on them. Yes, it does help thanks! We're taking insurance (auto and medical), bank, credit card, retirement statements,  and photographs. 

Congrats on receiving the Oath so quickly! Hopefully this means ATL is really trying to work through the backlog.

Our Green Card Journey

Started dating: Nov 2010, Engaged: 4/20/2014, and Married: 11/3/2015 :wub:
I-130 sent: 12/16/2015
NOA1:12/21/2015
I-130 approved: 3/28/16
NOA2:4/1/16
NVC received:4/19/16
Case Number and Invoice Number received:4/28/16
AOS Bill and IV Bill received:4/29/16
AOS Bill and IV paid:5/2/16
Submitted 1-601a: 6/18/16
Received rejection notice of I-601a was "missing" the fee receipt: 7/6/16  :ranting:  Re-submitted I-601a: 7/11/16
Submitted AOS, IV, and DS-260 packages: 7/12/16
NVC scan date: 7/18/16
USCIS accepted waiver:7/19/16
Biometrics letter received:7/28/16
NVC case "complete" pending waiver approval: 8/4/16
Biometrics done:8/10/16
Waiver decision: 12/8/16 Approved!!! :dancing:
Case complete at NVC: 12/13/16
E-mail notification from NVC of appointment: 12/30/16
Medical scheduled: 02/20/17 and  Fingerprints scheduled: 02/21/17
Appointment at Mexican Consulate:02/22/17 AP due to unresolved court case in U.S that we were assured was no longer an issue😭
U.S judge finally accepted plea in absentia and signed paperwork arrived at Mexican Consulate:04/20/17
Visa approved: 04/25/17 Visa ready for pick up in Mexico City: 04/28/17
Hubby is home!!!: 05/01/17😊

Our Removing Conditions Journey

Package arrived home (sent 1 day too early) and resent with updated date on check/signed application: 2/25/19
Package arrived at Lewisville Texas: 2/26/19 10:25 a.m. signed by T. Edwards
Text stating case was received, (case number SRCXXX): 3/1/19 at 4:34 p.m.

Case transferred to MSC: 3/14/19

Received biometric appointment letter for 9/11/19 on 9/5/19

Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview:9/18/19    Interview/approval:2/4/21. Card arrived:2/11/21

Our Citizenship Journey

N400 February 2020 Spreadsheet:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ejnUze1-LBRVcSUuXgsDR247G4bpImpUtFHL_xvtQ3w/edit?usp=sharing

N400 submitted online:2/2/20

NOA1:2/2/20 (arrived at home 2/6/20)

Biometrics scheduled:2/7/20 Document uploaded: 2/12/20 (arrived at home 2/13/20) and biometrics scheduled for: 2/27/20.

1 year I-551 Stamp received:10/20/20 

Appointment scheduled on 12/28 for 2/4/20:dance: In Line for Oath Ceremony: 6/16/21. Oath Ceremony scheduled on 6/17/21 for 7/9/21!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, PonJor said:

Ok, I was nervous that we needed to submit utility statements. We purposefully did not submit those with the I-751 because there is only one name on them. Yes, it does help thanks! We're taking insurance (auto and medical), bank, credit card, retirement statements,  and photographs. 

Congrats on receiving the Oath so quickly! Hopefully this means ATL is really trying to work through the backlog.

I think you should be good with the docs. My experience was like once we went into the officer office. He just asked to submit all the proofs we brought which are new from the time of filing the form. So its our choice which once we want to submit and not them asking us for specific one's from there side. 

Yeah the queue is moving fast. Got the Oath scheduled within the week of interview. So that's good news for ATL filers. 

Finished up my n400 interview yesterday.

appt was for 1130, there was a decent amount of folks there. The wait wasn’t too bad though for the call up.

Started off with paying out my lpr card, state Id and passport on the desk. Took the oath.

Verfified personal info before asking me to read from the tablet and then write on it.

For the civics test my answers were 

- war of 1812

- Pelosi

- Pence

- the president x 3

then it was the yes/no questions from the forms. 
At the end after the acknowledgment is where I messed up. Since I filed based on 3 years marriage to a us citizen, I was supposed to have proof that I am still attached to my spouse, which I totally forgot about.

Luckily, the guy was nice and I had filed online. He said I could upload those when I get home,, which I did. I uploaded joint bank statement, lease agreement, etc.

This morning the status changed to “oath ceremony will be scheduled”

So almost done!

Good luck to those still waiting 

19 minutes ago, stg said:

appt was for 1130, there was a decent amount of folks there. The wait wasn’t too bad though for the call up.

Started off with paying out my lpr card, state Id and passport on the desk. Took the oath.

Verfified personal info before asking me to read from the tablet and then write on it.

- war of 1812

- Pelosi

- Pence

- the president x 3

At the end after the acknowledgment is where I messed up. Since I filed based on 3 years marriage to a us citizen, I was supposed to have proof that I am still attached to my spouse, which I totally forgot about.

Luckily, the guy was nice and I had filed online. He said I could upload those when I get home,, which I did. I uploaded joint bank statement, lease agreement, etc.

So almost done!

Congrats!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 1/12/2021 at 9:18 AM, jd2502 said:

I think you should be good with the docs. My experience was like once we went into the officer office. He just asked to submit all the proofs we brought which are new from the time of filing the form. So its our choice which once we want to submit and not them asking us for specific one's from there side. 

Yeah the queue is moving fast. Got the Oath scheduled within the week of interview. So that's good news for ATL filers. 

Hi there. 

Are you gonna change name at Oath Ceremony? I had interview on Jan 6th, looked like same day with you. I requested a name change, still waiting for the Oath Ceremony to be scheduled. How long did you get the schedule after interview? 

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lulabi said:

Hi there. 

Are you gonna change name at Oath Ceremony? I had interview on Jan 6th, looked like same day with you. I requested a name change, still waiting for the Oath Ceremony to be scheduled. How long did you get the schedule after interview? 

Thanks

I didn't have a name change. So I got my Oath Scheduled a week after my interview and the Oath date is month from the interview date.

But as per my research in other threads I think it takes time for Oath Schedule as its done once a month for name change candidates. So hopefully you should receive one soon.

On 1/18/2021 at 10:13 AM, MJS2020 said:

I haven’t seen anyone from Atlanta who filled in March getting an interview yet. Hopefully soon. I filled in April 2020 and obviously have not gotten my interview scheduled yet 😕

I see someone hi filled on april 2020 get interview schedule 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So, I did my daily web check and got so disapointed when I saw my estimated time go from March 2021 to November 2021.  I went ahead and checked my documents tab and TADA:

"U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has received your form and is currently processing your application, petition, or request. This notice informs you that USCIS is able to reuse your previously captured fingerprints and other biometrics. USCIS will run the same security checks and use your biometric data as in the past, however, it is not necessary for you to appear at a USCIS Application Support Center (ASC) for a biometrics appointment. The biometrics fee will not be refunded."

I was almost sure I would have to go in for Bio's as I havent done them since 2008. So, everyone hang on it is moving along. 

Filed May 15th, 2020- Online (Atlanta Local Office). 

Edited by STurcotte77
Typo Fix

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2021 at 8:56 AM, stg said:

- war of 1812

- Pelosi

- Pence

- the president x 3

So almost done!

Did the interviewing officer want the proof of marriage since the begging or only after the date you filed on?

Also, I assume you didn’t go with your spouse. Are spouses even allowed in Atlanta office during COVID?

Edited by MJS2020

55 minutes ago, MJS2020 said:

Did the interviewing officer want the proof of marriage since the begging or only after the date you filed on?

Also, I assume you didn’t go with your spouse. Are spouses even allowed in Atlanta office during COVID?

Why they do interview and oath same day in atlanta?

2 hours ago, MJS2020 said:

I did go alone. Only interpreters are allowed for n400 interviews, even pre covid.

The officer wanted evidence that I was still married to my spouse, since I filed based on 3 years of marriage. He was nice enough to let me upload them when I got home.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.