apple21

Parents applying for a B2/Tourist Visa - APPROVED!

52 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, valkener said:

Congrats! And just curious, did you write an invitation letter with details where they will stay, etc. for them to take along to the interview?

Nope. You don’t need to. All they need to bring is the ds160 confirmation sheet and passport. 

41 minutes ago, apple21 said:

Nope. You don’t need to. All they need to bring is the ds160 confirmation sheet and passport. 

Do you think it would hurt to have an invitation letter or itinerary? It might help with answering questions "when/where/who" etc. Thanks again for your help.

2 hours ago, valkener said:

Do you think it would hurt to have an invitation letter or itinerary? It might help with answering questions "when/where/who" etc. Thanks again for your help.

If they can’t answer those questions without referring to something written, no it won’t help at all...

Timeline

Thanks. What about an itinerary, where they will stay, and so on? Phone numbers, addresses, etc.?

It’s not needed, believe me. 

Look at the DS160, that’s where you would put the info regarding the trip (who will pay for

it, the intended departure date, how long will they stay in the US, US contact person, US address where they will stay, who are the relatives in the US, etc).

As I said at the beginning of my post, the key is being consistent with what’s in the DS160 and their answer during the interview. Avoid long trips too just keep it minimal like 2-3 weeks. Longer stays will trigger suspicion. 

Edited by apple21

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is really a good news! My parents and my sister applied for tourist visa last November 2017 to attend my wedding here. I got here through k1 visa. They haven't been anywhere outside Philippines so i was kinda nervous that they'll be denied. But everything turned out well too. They were just asked what theyll do here, when my wedding will be. And asked about my father's job back in Philippines. My sister was asked about her school. My mom was not asked anything. They said it only took 5 minutes, the entire interview. Then the C.O said theyll receive their visas in a week! To top their experience they are in the same line with the very handsome Ian Veneracion! They received their  visas 4 days after and stayed here in the US for 3 weeks.Surely it was an experience theyll never forget.

Edited by NovaDC

Timeline
7 minutes ago, NovaDC said:

This is really a good news! My parents and my sister applied for tourist visa last November 2017 to attend my wedding here. I got here through k1 visa. They haven't been anywhere outside Philippines so i was kinda nervous that they'll be denied. But everything turned out well too. They were just asked what theyll do here, when my wedding will be. And asked about my father's job back in Philippines. My sister was asked about her school. My mom was not asked anything. They said it only took 5 minutes, the entire interview. Then the C.O said theyll receive their visas in a week! To top their experience they are in the same line with the very handsome Ian Veneracion! They received their  visas 4 days after and stayed here in the US for 3 weeks.Surely it was an experience theyll never forget.

Did they get 10yr multiple visas as well?

Timeline
Just now, NovaDC said:

Yes they did!

Cool. How old were your parents? Just to benchmark. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, apple21 said:

Cool. How old were your parents? Just to benchmark. 

My father is 49 and my mother is 46. My sister is 17.

• 4 months later...

Thank you for this!

I'm a dual citizen - US and Philippines. And I'm hoping to have my dad & sister (my mom died a few years ago) to finally come visit us.

This list and your positive feedback are really helping to prepare them for the interview :)

“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.
And there are so many silences to be broken.”

Audre Lorde

Timeline
On 9/30/2018 at 2:05 PM, ivyanddan said:

Thank you for this!

I'm a dual citizen - US and Philippines. And I'm hoping to have my dad & sister (my mom died a few years ago) to finally come visit us.

This list and your positive feedback are really helping to prepare them for the interview :)

Good luck! When is their interview?

5 hours ago, apple21 said:

Good luck! When is their interview?

2 weeks from now. 😊 I sent them a file with answers to the questions you posted.

Edited by ivyanddan

“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.
And there are so many silences to be broken.”

Audre Lorde

Timeline
11 hours ago, ivyanddan said:

2 weeks from now. 😊 I sent them a file with answers to the questions you posted.

Great. It would help them a lot so their answers will be consistent with the ds160. Keep this thread updated. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.