9 posts in this topic

I was wondering, with regards to sponsoring a parent of a US citizen.

Can a police clearance certificate be issued if the applicant has outstanding traffic fines or worst case scenario warrants of arrest for outstanding traffic fines?

How does this impact the I-130 sponsorship / application?

Removal of Conditions

02/28/19    - Sent ROC package to Lewisville, TX by UPS. 

03/05/19    - Delivered to Lewisville, TX by UPS. 

03/09/09    - Received text message from USCIS stating original receipt to follow in mail and a receipt number starting with SRC

03/12/19   - $680 bank check was cashed electronically

03/16/19   - Received I-797 NOA dated 03/08/19

11/4/19     - Received Bio-metrics appointment letter - Appointment 11/15/19

11/15/19  - Completed bio-metrics and received USCIS email same day to status was updated to "Fingerprint Review Was Completed"

01/07/20  -Received notification "Case Transferred And New Office Has Jurisdiction"

01/11/20 - Received letter stating my case has been transferred to the Potomac Service Center

3/19/20 - Received email stating they are ready to schedule an interview

11/4/20 - Received email stating my interview has been scheduled and I will get a letter in the mail

12/15/20 - Had interview and status online updated to new card being produced :)

N-400 Naturalization Application

8/22/20 - Submitted N-400 electronically

10/22/20 - Letter issued saying they will reuse my Biomettics

01/07/21 - Interview scheduled for 2/1/21

2/1/21 Had Interview, passed & had Oath Ceremony same day :)

Just pay the fines!

if there’s a warrant of arrest out I don’t see how you can get a clean police certificate. But the cops have bigger things to arrest people for than traffic fines, silly to let it get to that point...i’d say  pay the fines, sort it out, get the PCC. 

Edited by SusieQQQ

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 4/20/2018 at 6:16 AM, DJ02 said:

I was wondering, with regards to sponsoring a parent of a US citizen.

Can a police clearance certificate be issued if the applicant has outstanding traffic fines or worst case scenario warrants of arrest for outstanding traffic fines?

How does this impact the I-130 sponsorship / application?

Lol no stress, if it is here in South Africa, you will get the police clearance 100%. Only hardened criminals who has their fingerprints wanted will not get that clearance. The only way they can arrest you is while you are driving behind that same wheels. If it was that serious they would have come for you in your house.... ;) 

Yours is nothing compared to it. Its just a traffic fine. I get those tickets almost every week too but it is understandable, my car is a Mercedes C63s AMG lol :D 

Edited by kemm360
Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Raleigh NC
Date Filed : 2020-10-03
NOA Date : 2020-10-03
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  
Comments : INA 328 and 329 [ Military ] 

Thank you @kemm360, that's the info I was looking for. Obviously the fines will be settled etc, but I wanted to clarify! You've set me my mind at ease 

Removal of Conditions

02/28/19    - Sent ROC package to Lewisville, TX by UPS. 

03/05/19    - Delivered to Lewisville, TX by UPS. 

03/09/09    - Received text message from USCIS stating original receipt to follow in mail and a receipt number starting with SRC

03/12/19   - $680 bank check was cashed electronically

03/16/19   - Received I-797 NOA dated 03/08/19

11/4/19     - Received Bio-metrics appointment letter - Appointment 11/15/19

11/15/19  - Completed bio-metrics and received USCIS email same day to status was updated to "Fingerprint Review Was Completed"

01/07/20  -Received notification "Case Transferred And New Office Has Jurisdiction"

01/11/20 - Received letter stating my case has been transferred to the Potomac Service Center

3/19/20 - Received email stating they are ready to schedule an interview

11/4/20 - Received email stating my interview has been scheduled and I will get a letter in the mail

12/15/20 - Had interview and status online updated to new card being produced :)

N-400 Naturalization Application

8/22/20 - Submitted N-400 electronically

10/22/20 - Letter issued saying they will reuse my Biomettics

01/07/21 - Interview scheduled for 2/1/21

2/1/21 Had Interview, passed & had Oath Ceremony same day :)

• 2 years later...

I just wanted to find out if I can get a letter from an agency who says I have no criminal record etc or does it need to be the police clearance with all the finger prints etc?

37 minutes ago, Jade Hattingh said:

I just wanted to find out if I can get a letter from an agency who says I have no criminal record etc or does it need to be the police clearance with all the finger prints etc?

It needs to be the official police clearance. 

Hi,

For the ZA police clearance certificate, check with this private service. 7 Days delivery (Police clearance Certificate and expungement)

https://www.visalogistics.co.za/contact-us/

Edited by Mar and Mur

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~2 year old thread locked to further replies. PLease start your own thread if you have questions~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.