TheBu

April 2018 Filers of I-130 for Parents IR5 of U.S Citizens

321 posts in this topic

As there is no post for April 2018 parents i130 on here yet, I would want to start this post so we can share our cases.

im USC and petitioning for both patents. I130 forms sent 04/02/2018, received 04/04/2018, check cashed and case number received 04/10/2018. Nebraska service center.

Thanks

Edited by LamNguyenbu
Inadequate info

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 4/10/2018 at 8:01 PM, LamNguyenbu said:

As there is no post for April 2018 parents i130 on here yet, I would want to start this post so we can share our cases.

im USC and petitioning for both patents. I130 forms sent 04/02/2018, received 04/04/2018, check cashed and case number received 04/10/2018. Nebraska service center.

Thanks

hi!

I want to be part of this group because my husband petition is by his son. Category IR5, I-130 PD 11/24/2017 Texas office. We still waiting for the approval.

Edited by Bmc&Cah

Timeline
8 hours ago, LamNguyenbu said:

From what I know, current processing time is around 8 months. So yours is about 4 months away from approval (NOA2).

There are cases taking less time. My friend received her NOA2 for her mom in less than 6 month. Her case was in Texas (her PD Sept 26,17 & approval 03/10/18).  Uscis is working faster now, well it looks like! I know it was many delays for people of 2017 applications in special 

(January-August)   many of them were waiting 7 to 11 months for the approval. I think we are in a better position to get the approval in less time.

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
7 hours ago, Bmc&Cah said:

There are cases taking less time. My friend received her NOA2 for her mom in less than 6 month. Her case was in Texas (her PD Sept 26,17 & approval 03/10/18).  Uscis is working faster now, well it looks like! I know it was many delays for people of 2017 applications in special 

(January-August)   many of them were waiting 7 to 11 months for the approval. I think we are in a better position to get the approval in less time.

Texas Service Center has generally been the fastest over the past 1.5 years or so, closely followed by Potomac. 6 months was the average for I-130's and they are keeping up with the same timeline where as Nebraska is slipping away even more. But I'd suspect there were many I-130 filed late last year with the winds of immigration law change blowing at that time so I'd suspect things will get delayed a bit in the coming few months... Let's see !

Timeline
36 minutes ago, willcrack said:

Texas Service Center has generally been the fastest over the past 1.5 years or so, closely followed by Potomac. 6 months was the average for I-130's and they are keeping up with the same timeline where as Nebraska is slipping away even more. But I'd suspect there were many I-130 filed late last year with the winds of immigration law change blowing at that time so I'd suspect things will get delayed a bit in the coming few months... Let's see !

:rolleyes:yes,  let's see!

The processing time is affected by many different factors (# of cases before yours, services center, your case situation, new immigration laws, and so on). So what I meant there was just estimation. But like Willcrack mentioned, there might be a possible increase of applications and hence processing time. Hopefully, our applications would be worked on quickly, as this wait bug me everyday. 

On 4/17/2018 at 2:37 PM, bengveneracion said:

Mailed I-130 concurrently with I-485 for parents who are in the US

Mailed to Chicago Lockbox on 04/06/18. Received by USPS on 04/09/18 but I have not received any receipt yet or even a text message. Should I be worried?

Thanks

Beng 

It took 10 days for me to get the NOA1. I would give it a couple more days and call USCIS to ask them if you don’t receive anything from them by then.

Joining this thread as April 2018 filer for IR-5, I am petitioning my father. Sent documents April 16, received on the 18th. Cashed check on the 24th and text and email received that my case was received with receipt number starting YSC so I am assuming its on Potomac Service Center. No actual notice yet but I can track already my case online. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello everyone l,

i petition for both of my parents. Sent on the mail today 04/26 both folders.

Will keep the updates as they come.

good luck everyone

Joining this thread as well as I just mailed I-130 today 04/28/18, expected delivery 04/30/18 to Chicago location. 

Good luck to all of us 🙂

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.