TheBu

April 2018 Filers of I-130 for Parents IR5 of U.S Citizens

321 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

My parents got RFE requesting for their "Non availability of date of birth" I'm trying to get someone from our home country to assist us.

My question is will this request stop the whole process? Like their i-131, Application for Travel Document, will USICS not proceed with it until the requested evidence is received? 

-----Adjustment of Status for both Parents-----------------------------------------------

05/11/2018: Mailed documents I130, I485, I131,I693, NBC for Adjustment of Status

05/16/2018: Received Date/ Priority Date - NOA Received

05/25/2018: Received NOA Bio-metrics for I485 Appt: 06/10/2018

06/10/2018: Bio-metrics are completed

06/12/2018: Received RFE requesting for a Birth Certificate for both parents

07/28/2018: Responded to RFE, sent their non availability of birth certificate copy

08/02/2018: Online status changed to " Request for Evidence was Received"

08/29/2018: Made an info pass appointment requesting for expediting Travel document as parents had to travel India. Expedite request was rejected 

09/14/2018: I131 Parole document was Approved

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I filed for my parents last April 23 and I got my NOA1 April 27. I’m so excited about this new journey that we’re making.😊😊 can’t wait for NOA2. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 6/8/2018 at 11:46 AM, Bmc&Cah said:

Our case was in Texas. Always goes with Visajourney dates. In the other forum *November filers* cases from Potomac with November dates are getting approved. IR-1/Cr-1 visa and IR5 have similar dates both  petitions are for immediate relatives.

praying and hoping will be approved soon

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 6/13/2018 at 2:31 PM, Nevin said:

My parents got RFE requesting for their "Non availability of date of birth" I'm trying to get someone from our home country to assist us.

My question is will this request stop the whole process? Like their i-131, Application for Travel Document, will USICS not proceed with it until the requested evidence is received? 

Did you manage to get your parents' birth certificate? My parents don't have their birth certificates, not sure what documents can be sent to USCIS.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi!

Regarding our case:

NOA 1, 11/24/17

NOA 2,  05/22/18.

NVC sent 06/01/18

NVC received 06/08/18

6 weekend waiting we hope to get our case and invoice numbers on the first week of August.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 6/27/2018 at 9:38 PM, rgarg said:

Did you manage to get your parents' birth certificate? My parents don't have their birth certificates, not sure what documents can be sent to USCIS.

Hi sorry i just saw your message. Since person born before 1969 cant produce their Birth certificate, in that case we need to produce their Non availability of birth certificate on a govt letter head. Non sure about other states but in our state in India the process of getting BC or NABC has become quite complicated. I got hold of a lawyer in India and was able to produce my mother's NABC however I'm still struggling to get my dads certificate done.

if your parents are in India then its an easy task. Ask them to go to local municipal office where they were born and enclose a notary requesting NABC, carry along their school certificate or Adhar card. Things should get done pretty quick.

Goodluck!

-----Adjustment of Status for both Parents-----------------------------------------------

05/11/2018: Mailed documents I130, I485, I131,I693, NBC for Adjustment of Status

05/16/2018: Received Date/ Priority Date - NOA Received

05/25/2018: Received NOA Bio-metrics for I485 Appt: 06/10/2018

06/10/2018: Bio-metrics are completed

06/12/2018: Received RFE requesting for a Birth Certificate for both parents

07/28/2018: Responded to RFE, sent their non availability of birth certificate copy

08/02/2018: Online status changed to " Request for Evidence was Received"

08/29/2018: Made an info pass appointment requesting for expediting Travel document as parents had to travel India. Expedite request was rejected 

09/14/2018: I131 Parole document was Approved

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
4 hours ago, Nevin said:

Hi sorry i just saw your message. Since person born before 1969 cant produce their Birth certificate, in that case we need to produce their Non availability of birth certificate on a govt letter head. Non sure about other states but in our state in India the process of getting BC or NABC has become quite complicated. I got hold of a lawyer in India and was able to produce my mother's NABC however I'm still struggling to get my dads certificate done.

if your parents are in India then its an easy task. Ask them to go to local municipal office where they were born and enclose a notary requesting NABC, carry along their school certificate or Adhar card. Things should get done pretty quick.

Goodluck!

Actually, that's incorrect, if a person in India is born before April 1, 1970, a "non-availabilty of birth certificate"  (NABC) is NOT required. That's because that's the date the Registration of Birth and Death Act, 1969 became active for most of India which made registering birth mandatory. The NABC is required if one doesn't have a birth cert. if born *after * April 1, 1970. The State Department/USCIS very well knows about it!. See https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/India.html.  If born before April 1, 1970 and the birth certificate is not available or is incomplete/late registered then, two affidavits from someone older than the person who can attest to have personally known of the birth and one or two secondary documents if available (such as school/college leaving certificate or some early government document with the birth date) should be good enough.

Now not sure why USCIS is requesting it in an RFE (if born before 1970) but if it is difficult to obtain one - these facts can be pointed out to them.

Edited by willcrack

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 7/20/2018 at 12:14 PM, Nevin said:

Goodluck!

Why don't you get it from the Indian Consulate in SFO? http://www.cgisf.org/page/display/105/236  (costs $28)

14 hours ago, MCO2018 said:

hello,

Both my mom and my dad sent their forms in April. My dad's case got approve and now they are mailing his GC. However, my mom was schedule for an interview and she has been waiting since May. Anyone waiting as well.?

thank you,

Wow! Congratulations! Are they both in the US and changed status? Thanks!

On 4/30/2018 at 3:46 PM, Nevin said:

Hello All,
I've petitioned I130 and I485 concurrently for both my Father and Mother.
Package was sent by USPS to Chicago Lock box: 04/28/2018
Package Received by USCIS Chicago Lockbox: 04/30/2018 

Good luck to all of us i will keep you updated as I hear from USCIS

Thank you!

Hello. Any updates received from uscis? 

Thanks

Ivy

On 5/29/2018 at 4:46 PM, Junior11 said:

Hi Nevin,

Just to give you an idea:

My sister-in-law petitioned I-130 and I-485 for both her parents just like you. USCIS received her petition beginning of February 2018 and her parents just had their interview, end of May 2018. 

I hope this helps.

Wow!!! That is so fast!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.