TheBu

April 2018 Filers of I-130 for Parents IR5 of U.S Citizens

321 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

After you receive the Receipt Notice of Action (I-797) also called NOA1 on this forum, you just wait for 6-7 months from the Priority Date printed on the notice for you to get the Approval Notice of Action called NOA2 on the forum (assuming your petition is for parents or children under 21 of US citizen). You may even get a Request for Evidence (RFE) in case USCIS needs more info in about the same timeframe. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, JRob said:

USCIS:  Your case was received. Receipt # SRC  Official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) to follow in mail. Msg & Data rates may apply. DO NOT REPLY

Hello Everyone!

I want to follow this thread for i have filed I130 for my mother and i didn’t do much research hoping i can get some ideas about the timeline of the process. 

I just got the text above yesterday. What will be the next step after i recieve form I-797????

hello welcome to the group 😊 after that we need to wait for noa2 which is approval of the petition right now some people in different service center it took 6 to 8 months to get approved but some people take 2 months only to approved 😉 just keep patiently waiting 😇

Timeline
1 hour ago, willcrack said:

After you receive the Receipt Notice of Action (I-797) also called NOA1 on this forum, you just wait for 6-7 months from the Priority Date printed on the notice for you to get the Approval Notice of Action called NOA2 on the forum (assuming your petition is for parents or children under 21 of US citizen). You may even get a Request for Evidence (RFE) in case USCIS needs more info in about the same timeframe. 

Thank you! 😊 can hardly wait.  i hope mom will be here by Christmas 🤞

29 minutes ago, jhenril said:

hello welcome to the group 😊 after that we need to wait for noa2 which is approval of the petition right now some people in different service center it took 6 to 8 months to get approved but some people take 2 months only to approved 😉 just keep patiently waiting 😇

Thank you so much 😊

Hi everybody,

Congrats on applying for your parents! I’ll be applying for my mother this month after my Oath ceremony. I am already getting everything ready, but I want to make sure I am not missing something. Here is what I am submitting:

1. My birth certificate

2. My marriage certificate 

3. Naturalization certificate 

4. Mom’s divorce decree

5. Mom’s passport copy

6. G-1145

I’ve been reading all over the internet and I’ve seen people submit parents’ birth certificate. Should I submit my mom’s BC?

Did any of you submit other evidence such as pictures, school records?

Thanks, and good luck!

N-400

April 25, 2018 - Interview in Jacksonville, FL

May 24, 2018 - Oath Ceremony

I-130 for Mom

May 24, 2018 - Mailed I-130 for mom via UPS One-Day shipping

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 4/30/2018 at 3:46 PM, Nevin said:

Hello All,
I've petitioned I130 and I485 concurrently for both my Father and Mother.
Package was sent by USPS to Chicago Lock box: 04/28/2018
Package Received by USCIS Chicago Lockbox: 04/30/2018 

Good luck to all of us i will keep you updated as I hear from USCIS

Thank you!

My first update: -

I send both my parents petition packages on same day and somehow USPS has delivered my each package on separate dates.

Yesterday I received NOA text and email notification (im not sure if its my mom's or dad's) from USCIS with 3 different receipt numbers each for 130, 485 and 131. Is it common to have three seperate receipt# for concurrent filing of one person?

Thnx!

-----Adjustment of Status for both Parents-----------------------------------------------

05/11/2018: Mailed documents I130, I485, I131,I693, NBC for Adjustment of Status

05/16/2018: Received Date/ Priority Date - NOA Received

05/25/2018: Received NOA Bio-metrics for I485 Appt: 06/10/2018

06/10/2018: Bio-metrics are completed

06/12/2018: Received RFE requesting for a Birth Certificate for both parents

07/28/2018: Responded to RFE, sent their non availability of birth certificate copy

08/02/2018: Online status changed to " Request for Evidence was Received"

08/29/2018: Made an info pass appointment requesting for expediting Travel document as parents had to travel India. Expedite request was rejected 

09/14/2018: I131 Parole document was Approved

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
On 5/9/2018 at 9:18 AM, JRob said:

Thank you! 😊 can hardly wait.  i hope mom will be here by Christmas 🤞

Thank you so much 😊

Just to set expectations, I-130 approval is only the first step. It takes another 5-6 months for the next step at the NVC- Dept. of State for Immigrant Visa process.

10 minutes ago, JRob said:

Hopeful for 5-9months just like this timeline i found dated August2010 - May2017 😊 or maybe sooner 😃

71A76F99-675D-4DFA-A5BE-02CDFA908B95.jpeg

You know the timeline you posted is 7 years ago right?

things have changed significantly and now we are looking more of around 1 year or a little longer for the whole things (again, it also depends on many other factors).

good luck with everything!

Timeline
10 hours ago, TheBu said:

You know the timeline you posted is 7 years ago right?

things have changed significantly and now we are looking more of around 1 year or a little longer for the whole things (again, it also depends on many other factors).

good luck with everything!

I know it’s old timeline LoL the long wait just sux 😄

Timeline

========================================

UserName..........|Sent.|Cashd|NOA1.|NOA2.|Approvd.|NVC Rcvd.| DS-260..|Interview|Consulate..|Approvd2|Svc Cent|

..................|--/--|--/--|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|...........|--/--/--|........|

..................|--/--|--/--|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|...........|--/--/--|........|

jhenril...........|04/24|04/30|04/25|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|...........|--/--/--|Potomac.|

march16filer......|04/15|--/--|04/27|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|...........|--/--/--|Texas...| 

Jham Anne.........|04/28|05/01|05/02|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|...........|--/--/--|Potomac.|

Pratean...........|04/26|04/27|05/03|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|...........|--/--/--|Nebraska|

Nevin.............|04/27|--/--|05/11|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|...........|--/--/--|........|

Instructions for adding/updating yourself (or assisting others) to this list:
1. DO NOT DELETE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
2. Please use your VJ name to avoid confusion.
3. Please make sure you are using Rich Text Editor as your message setting.
4. Click "Quote" on the most recent/updated posting version of this list.
5. Copy the entire list inside the Quote (in a reply box) then paste.
6. Always use [Courier New] Font and font size.[12]
7. Make changes and Add Reply.

8. Red Font = "Parent is approved"!
Legend:
Sent: Date I-130 was mailed to USCIS.
Cashd: Date your check was cashed / credit card was charged by USCIS.

NOA: Priority Date Printed on your official I-797 notification.
NOA2: Date second notice is received.
Apprvd.: Date petition is approved.
NVC Rcvd.Date case was received by NVC.
DS-260: Date you filed the DS-260 and paid the fees.

Interview: Date of parent(s) interview at US Consulate.

Consulate: US Consulate where your parent's interview takes place. Date of your interview.
Apprvd2.: Date US Consulate approves petition.

Svc Cnt: The service center that is processing your case.

Edited by Nevin

-----Adjustment of Status for both Parents-----------------------------------------------

05/11/2018: Mailed documents I130, I485, I131,I693, NBC for Adjustment of Status

07/28/2018: Responded to RFE, sent their non availability of birth certificate copy

08/29/2018: Made an info pass appointment requesting for expediting Travel document as parents had to travel India. Expedite request was rejected 

Timeline

Your case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS National Benefits Center for processing

Do you guys know which service center is "National Benefits Center"

34 minutes ago, Nevin said:

Your case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS National Benefits Center for processing

Do you guys know which service center is "National Benefits Center"

When they mail or text you about the case, the first three letter of your case number is the service center that they transferred you to. Google that first three letter and you will know.

best of luck

Timeline
9 minutes ago, TheBu said:

When they mail or text you about the case, the first three letter of your case number is the service center that they transferred you to. Google that first three letter and you will know.

best of luck

Thanks for the info.. its MSC, which means National Benefits center.

Are NBC processing times too late?

2 hours ago, Nevin said:

Thanks for the info.. its MSC, which means National Benefits center.

Are NBC processing times too late?

From what I know, processing time varies from one service center to another, but it’s not that far apart. 

At first I thought it is weird that they transferred you to NBC, but after reading your previous posts I see that they did it because you filed i130 and i485 concurrently.

i did my own i130 and i485 about 4 and a half years ago and just took a little over 6 months to have my green card. But from what I read somewhere else not too long ago, the time now goes up to 9-12 months. So you will have a little wait to do. But Itll be fast given they are here already and 1 year is not that bad anyway.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.