14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey everyone.  So on March 22, I received am email from NVC stating they received my I-129F application for my fiance.  Also, on the same day, I received an  email from NVC stating they already sent the application to the consulate and that my fiance and I were approved for expedited processing.  It's been over 2 weeks since we haven't heard anything from the consulate.  Should I email the consulate asking if they received the application?  Or just be patient and wait a little longer?

I tried the whole check tracking thing with the DHL website, didn't work for me one bit...

Also, should my fiance and I begin to work on the DS-160 already without actually knowing an interview date? 

Thank you!!

41 minutes ago, edmtn said:

Hey everyone.  So on March 22, I received am email from NVC stating they received my I-129F application for my fiance.  Also, on the same day, I received an  email from NVC stating they already sent the application to the consulate and that my fiance and I were approved for expedited processing.  It's been over 2 weeks since we haven't heard anything from the consulate.  Should I email the consulate asking if they received the application?  Or just be patient and wait a little longer?

I tried the whole check tracking thing with the DHL website, didn't work for me one bit...

Also, should my fiance and I begin to work on the DS-160 already without actually knowing an interview date? 

Thank you!!

What is your status on CEAC?  It is possible that NVC turns it around quickly but I've never heard it that quickly.  Expedited processing just means electronically instead of messenger/mail.  If CEAC shows "READY", it wouldn't hurt to contact the consulate.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

What is your status on CEAC?  It is possible that NVC turns it around quickly but I've never heard it that quickly.  Expedited processing just means electronically instead of messenger/mail.  If CEAC shows "READY", it wouldn't hurt to contact the consulate.

Just checked the website, and it said "ready".  I think I must have put "nonimmigrant visa" in the visa application type, because under the Brazilian consulate website, K-1 visa is labeled under "nonimmigrant visa".  

So I can beging the DS-160 then?  I know my fiance has to receive a letter from the consulate, but right now th email service in Brazil is terrible, that's what really gets both of us concerned :/  

11 minutes ago, edmtn said:

Just checked the website, and it said "ready".  I think I must have put "nonimmigrant visa" in the visa application type, because under the Brazilian consulate website, K-1 visa is labeled under "nonimmigrant visa".  

So I can beging the DS-160 then?  I know my fiance has to receive a letter from the consulate, but right now th email service in Brazil is terrible, that's what really gets both of us concerned :/  

Yes, the K-1 is technically a non-immigrant but it is handled as an immigrant visa.  Every consulate/Embassy is a little different.

I would say go ahead and fill out the DS-160 and do as much as you can while waiting on Packet 3.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
6 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Yes, the K-1 is technically a non-immigrant but it is handled as an immigrant visa.  Every consulate/Embassy is a little different.

I would say go ahead and fill out the DS-160 and do as much as you can while waiting on Packet 3.

Appreciate it @John & Rose !! BTW, did the you receive a letter in the mail as well, or just your fiance? 

1 minute ago, edmtn said:

Appreciate it @John & Rose !! BTW, did the you receive a letter in the mail as well, or just your fiance? 

The Philippines is one of those places that really have their own way of doing things.  We don't have a Packet 3 or 4.  Once we get the number from NVC we schedule the interview and take complete control over what is going on.  We had our interview scheduled while the NVC status was still listed as "At NVC".  To date neither of us has received anything other than responses to inquiries which is our way of getting the number in writing.  No other letters or emails at all.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline

@edmtn US Embassy in Brazil will get in touch with you very soon, could be wrong but you will most likely receive email with instructions from them this week or next. Keep in mind, they should send it to you however there are occasions that they send it to the petitioner and she needs to forward it to you. 

That email will provide you all instructions on how to perform the medical, vaccinations, ds160 etc....you should be fine. Let me know if you have any questions. 

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Timeline
34 minutes ago, T_P said:

@edmtn US Embassy in Brazil will get in touch with you very soon, could be wrong but you will most likely receive email with instructions from them this week or next. Keep in mind, they should send it to you however there are occasions that they send it to the petitioner and she needs to forward it to you. 

That email will provide you all instructions on how to perform the medical, vaccinations, ds160 etc....you should be fine. Let me know if you have any questions. 

@T_P appreciate the feedback!  I will keep my eyes out! So my fiance and I should be expecting email, and not regular letter?  Mail system in Brazil is terrible, haha.

Timeline
2 hours ago, edmtn said:

@T_P appreciate the feedback!  I will keep my eyes out! So my fiance and I should be expecting email, and not regular letter?  Mail system in Brazil is terrible, haha.

It is pretty bad, I agree. So from my experience, you should receive an email with instructions then go from there.

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Timeline
3 hours ago, T_P said:

It is pretty bad, I agree. So from my experience, you should receive an email with instructions then go from there.

@T_PSounds like a plan!  Just so I'm not confused, that email will tell my fiance what paper work is needed at the embassy?  And also, is that email needed to attend her medical?  Sorry to bombard you

You can direct message me if you desire...

Timeline

I will just post in here and hope that this can help other people as well. Basically from a Brazilian Beneficiary stand point there are a few things once your petition is approved. 

**********************************************************************************************************************************

1. National Visa Center -> Send an email to the petitioner with the following detaill

EMAIL BODY

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXX,
The National Visa Center (NVC) received your fiance(e)'s approved I-129F petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). NVC will forward the petition to the U.S. Embassy in RIO DE JANEIRO, BRZL. The U.S. Embassy will contact your fiance(e) when they are ready to schedule a visa interview.
In the meantime, please have your fiance(e) and his or her children visit http://ceac.state.gov and complete Form DS-160, the online nonimmigrant visa application that is used for a K visa.
Please keep the following information for your records:
NVC Case Number:    RDJXXXXXXXXXXXXX
USCIS Receipt Number:    WACXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Invoice ID:    IVXXXXXXXXXXXX
Principal Applicant:    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Petitioner:    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Interview Location:    RIO DE JANEIRO
BRZL

2.    Once the bullet above is received by your future spouse (petitioner), you will receive after a few days (in my case 8 days) an e-mail (from: ImmigrationRio@state.gov) with the subject RDJXXXXXXXXXX - LASTNAME, NAME

This e-mail will contain everything you will need (DS160,  Police Certificate, Visa Fee, Medical Appointment etc...) until your interview date. Make sure you have all documentation before scheduling your interview.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

So, basically once the Embassy in Rio receives your application, you will receive the instructions from the embassy as well and all you need will be there. Let me know if you have questions.

Enjoy your journey.

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 4/9/2018 at 1:15 PM, edmtn said:

Thank you!!

Just like @John & Rose said, start filling the DS-160 form. Also, try to contact the embassy via Phone Number or E-mail. Most times, some Embassies don't contact the Applicants. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 hours ago, T_P said:

I will just post in here and hope that this can help other people as well. Basically from a Brazilian Beneficiary stand point there are a few things once your petition is approved. 

1. National Visa Center -> Send an email to the petitioner with the following detaill

EMAIL BODY

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXX,
The National Visa Center (NVC) received your fiance(e)'s approved I-129F petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). NVC will forward the petition to the U.S. Embassy in RIO DE JANEIRO, BRZL. The U.S. Embassy will contact your fiance(e) when they are ready to schedule a visa interview.
In the meantime, please have your fiance(e) and his or her children visit http://ceac.state.gov and complete Form DS-160, the online nonimmigrant visa application that is used for a K visa.
Please keep the following information for your records:
NVC Case Number:    RDJXXXXXXXXXXXXX
USCIS Receipt Number:    WACXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Invoice ID:    IVXXXXXXXXXXXX
Principal Applicant:    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Petitioner:    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Interview Location:    RIO DE JANEIRO
BRZL

2.    Once the bullet above is received by your future spouse (petitioner), you will receive after a few days (in my case 8 days) an e-mail (from: ImmigrationRio@state.gov) with the subject RDJXXXXXXXXXX - LASTNAME, NAME

This e-mail will contain everything you will need (DS160,  Police Certificate, Visa Fee, Medical Appointment etc...) until your interview date. Make sure you have all documentation before scheduling your interview.

So, basically once the Embassy in Rio receives your application, you will receive the instructions from the embassy as well and all you need will be there. Let me know if you have questions.

Enjoy your journey.

This is great! Thanks for sharing!

10/03/2017 I-129F sent

10/05/2017 - I-129F delivered

10/10/2017 - NOA1 

03/29/2018 - NOA2 

04/17/2018 NVC case received

04/19/2018 - NVC case number assigned

05/16/2018 - In Transit to Consulate

05/18/2018 - Ready at Consulate

06/18/2018 - Medical

07/03/2018 - Interview

07/19/2018 - VOH

07/27/2018 - POE

Post NOA2 Information For Brazil

Timeline

@Mgdtime97 you are very welcome. Please let me know if you still have questions.

Good luck in your journey. 

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.