heatheve

I-751 April 2018 Filers

2,964 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
3 hours ago, JohnNHenry said:

Hi guys,

Today I went to my biometric appointment, and Dmv to renew my driver license.

Everything went well, The only documents they need at the DMV are your green card and I – 797.

Now is the waiting time.

just want to give you guys a few updates. Thanks 

Hi, how long after NoA1 did u received ur biometrics letter?

I filed April on CSC and got my NOA1 a month ago, but no biometrics letter yet!

Just wanted to follow up on all the questions and how to travel with an I-797 and ensure that I had all my information correct.  We have been in Europe for 2 weeks traveling and at the airport to fly home, we showed my husband's expired Green Card and the original NOA.  He verified his name and info and we were finished in 30 seconds.  I asked him and he said he gets multiple per week.  No need for a stamp with the I-797.....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 hours ago, Sarena said:

Hi, how long after NoA1 did u received ur biometrics letter?

I filed April on CSC and got my NOA1 a month ago, but no biometrics letter yet!

Same thing. Did anyone filing at CSC in April get it? A response would be appreciated.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
40 minutes ago, ParabolaEulogy said:

Same thing. Did anyone filing at CSC in April get it? A response would be appreciated.

No, not yet. April 9th filed right before backlog.

2 hours ago, ParabolaEulogy said:

Same here. No biometrics letter yet. Filed April 12th and received NOA1 June 1st.

5 hours ago, ParabolaEulogy said:

No Biometrcis appointment here either.. I filed Apirl 6th at CSC. Waiting desperately!

ROC sent to CSC - 04/02/2018

ROC recieved by CSC - 04/06/2018

Money Order cashed - 05/23/2018

NOA in mail - 05/25/2018 :dance:

18 month extension letter in mail - 08/27/2018

Biometric Appointment waved - 03/09/2019

Letter in mail that case got approved - 05/03/2019

New Green Card in Mail - 05/06/2019 :dance::dancing:

Timeline
29 minutes ago, gawan12 said:

I am still waiting the noa1 after the checks cashed out on 11 June.

I suggest you call USCIS and ask to speak to a tier 2 officer asap. Also, you may email CSC, plus make an e-request.

Timeline
33 minutes ago, gawan12 said:

I am still waiting the noa1 after the checks cashed out on 11 June.

I suggest you call USCIS and ask to speak to a tier 2 officer asap. Also, you may email CSC, plus make an e-request.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
7 hours ago, ParabolaEulogy said:

We got biometrics letter about 5/9/18 for appointment on 5/24/18. NOA1 was 4/6/18.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Hpp said:

same here not yet, april 25th file at csc, noa1dated 06/04/18

Thanks for the update guys. I wonder how long they'll have us hang in there for the biometrics letters/ exemption thereof...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
18 hours ago, Sydney T. said:

Just wanted to follow up on all the questions and how to travel with an I-797 and ensure that I had all my information correct.  We have been in Europe for 2 weeks traveling and at the airport to fly home, we showed my husband's expired Green Card and the original NOA.  He verified his name and info and we were finished in 30 seconds.  I asked him and he said he gets multiple per week.  No need for a stamp with the I-797.....

Hi Sydney,

Can I asked which country were you at? I will be traveling to Paris in August and was wondering if I should just travel with my expired green card and Noa letter or try to get a  I551 stamp. After reading all the stories, I get so paranoid. It doesn't help that getting my passport stamp is not easy as well. I was able to book an info pass appointment in 2 weeks. Ah can't decide what to do, getting stamp or not!!

I have not received a biometric appt yet. Package received April 12, notice date May 23rd.

2 hours ago, Shanseattle said:

Hi Sydney,

Can I asked which country were you at? I will be traveling to Paris in August and was wondering if I should just travel with my expired green card and Noa letter or try to get a  I551 stamp. After reading all the stories, I get so paranoid. It doesn't help that getting my passport stamp is not easy as well. I was able to book an info pass appointment in 2 weeks. Ah can't decide what to do, getting stamp or not!!

I have not received a biometric appt yet. Package received April 12, notice date May 23rd.

Of course -we flew through Amsterdam Schipol.  He says he sees them all the time.  I wouldn't worry about the infopass of it were us.  As long as you have the NOA amd expired green card. Of they are confused, one of the top lines say that it extends your card for one year.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

pretty dumb rule but remember to keep your green card on you at all times. We went for the biometric appointment and one of the staff requested presentation of the green card but she left it in her other wallet.  According to the biometrics appointment form, all that is needed is a government ID and the letter but it seems like the staff wanted to exert her "power" and also threatened that without the green card present she might not be able to locate the file and we would have to make a new appointment.  We didn't flinch or make any excuses, a few minutes later the "powerful staff" came back and said to go wait in the next section. Seriously, some people have no life.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.