TBoneTX

October 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

3,103 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, SONIA AND MICHAEL said:

After our 6 months waiting!!! ... when would be a good time to call and ask about our case? ... today is my 188 day.    :clock:

You can call tomorrow and ask. But you will get a pretty vague answer. And they will tell you that you're within normal processing time and just have to wait. Try to ask if your case is pending security checks. Or if they can tell you that it's with an adjudicator. If it's with an adjudicator then that means that it will get processed hopefully within the time limit.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

They will say you shouldn't call until the 7 month mark.  But honestly, calling doesn't really do anything except maybe make you feel like you're doing something.  Calling isn't going to make any happen any faster unfortunately.  Even if they open a service request, there have been times when that actually makes things even slower.    

11/14/17 129F mailed

11/17/17 NOA1

05/14/18 NOA2

06/06/18 NVC received and case # assigned

06/12/18 left NVC

06/13/18 Manila Embassy received

06/13/18 CFO completed at Clark Pampanga

06/18-19/18 Medical exam

07/10/18 Interview - APPROVED!!

07/29/18 POE

1 minute ago, Sarac9 said:

You can call tomorrow and ask. But you will get a pretty vague answer. And they will tell you that you're within normal processing time and just have to wait. Try to ask if your case is pending security checks. Or if they can tell you that it's with an adjudicator. If it's with an adjudicator then that means that it will get processed hopefully within the time limit.

thank you Sarac9!!!  :)

1 minute ago, Dave_and_Jessa said:

They will say you shouldn't call until the 7 month mark.  But honestly, calling doesn't really do anything except maybe make you feel like you're doing something.  Calling isn't going to make any happen any faster unfortunately.  Even if they open a service request, there have been times when that actually makes things even slower.    

Thank you !!! :)

42 minutes ago, Dave_and_Jessa said:

True but at least it makes us feel useful lol 

And absolutely I am not doing a service request if anything it gets to that point I am going to get my local congressman or state senator involved. 

22 minutes ago, Sarac9 said:

True but at least it makes us feel useful lol 

And absolutely I am not doing a service request if anything it gets to that point I am going to get my local congressman or state senator involved. 

congressman or state senator..

can help with USCIS?

42 minutes ago, SONIA AND MICHAEL said:

can help with USCIS?

Yup they can! Just call them and tell whoever picks up to help you out with this matter. They will ask you to write a detailed email. After you send them an email make sure you call right away to let them know. If possible specifically request to meet the congressman or senator. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
46 minutes ago, SONIA AND MICHAEL said:

can help with USCIS?

They usually go by the same rules as USCIS. They won't do much or get a different response from USCIS than you would get unless you're outside of "normal processing times."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.