dwheels76

NVC Filers - April 2018

2,123 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, Joann_18 said:

Also, i’m reading people getting approved in 2-3 weeks and even 8 days. Really happy for those guys and getting excited for us. Good luck to everyone!

I was seeing that too but then I realized it was all i129 and not i130  ...they are processed differently :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
1 hour ago, truelove29 said:

You did it correctly...multiple page documents should be scanned into one document. How do you know that they don't have them in the system? Your status will stay at "action required, submit documents" until you get a case complete...then it will change to "at NVC". So it's possible someone is reviewing them.

Thank you. it seems I had to have max of 5MB in each email :( 

So I just resent the documents in two separate emails. However, I screwed up again and one of the emails totaled more than 5MB :( So I just resized the docs and resent the same email. Let's see what happens next! 

it is stupid! Their instructions specifically say that EACH PDF, not each email! 

32 minutes ago, Visa2017 said:

Is there a full list of all the pivot countries that are eligible for EP?

I can't seem to find it anywhere I look.

yup, here is the list: 

Method 2: Email Processing required

If your NVC case number begins with one of the following prefixes:

• AKD
  • AMM
  • BGH (except I-730 petitions)
  • DMS
  • GZO

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, H&H. said:

wow i got a case complete for my pivot case. they sent two emails to both of us and one said they have everything and now will schedule interview and other email said to check message online in ceac site and when i did it said docs approved and documentarily qualified. my status still says submit requested documents. i uploaded docs on april 9 and cc april 16 so took one week. i thought maybe will take 2 weeks. 

Congrats!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
20 minutes ago, H&H. said:

wow i got a case complete for my pivot case. they sent two emails to both of us and one said they have everything and now will schedule interview and other email said to check message online in ceac site and when i did it said docs approved and documentarily qualified. my status still says submit requested documents. i uploaded docs on april 9 and cc april 16 so took one week. i thought maybe will take 2 weeks. 

Woohoo!! Congrats!! 🎉 

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

17 minutes ago, Muhammadsheikhale said:

Thank you. it seems I had to have max of 5MB in each email :( 

So I just resent the documents in two separate emails. However, I screwed up again and one of the emails totaled more than 5MB :( So I just resized the docs and resent the same email. Let's see what happens next! 

it is stupid! Their instructions specifically say that EACH PDF, not each email! 

yup, here is the list: 

Method 2: Email Processing required

If your NVC case number begins with one of the following prefixes:

• AKD
  • AMM
  • BGH (except I-730 petitions)
  • DMS
  • GZO

But how do you know which counties fall under that?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Visa2017 said:

But how do you know which counties fall under that?

The first three letters refer to the embassy. For example, DMS refers to Damascus, which is for Syria. etc...

hi my case was approved on 5th April. I got approval letter said my case send to nvc and should contact nvc  after month. However on website its still said case approved. Does it mean they have not send my paper to nvc?

Edited by Reqahmed

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Visa2017 said:

So if I got it right only 5 countries are eligible for EP?

Since there's only 5 on the list.

I think so.

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India
Timeline

Anybody here with a Employment Base visa? I am trying to get some info about how long it took for the embassy to schedule interview. Also, how did the interview go!!! Please share

CC March 28

Mumbai Embassy

2 hours ago, Jhonny said:

Case Update:

My wife just called NVC and they say that THEY RECEIVED CASE ON APRIL 4 (2 DAYS AFTER NSC SEND IT).

Allow us up to 6 weeks to assign a Case Number. (Two behind past tomorrow, 4 weeks left).

Does website updates to case send to Nvc or still case Approved?

Timeline
51 minutes ago, truelove29 said:

Woohoo!! Congrats!! 🎉 

hey from ur experience do they only send interview letters in end/beginning of month. since i got cc today and its mid month, should i expect to hear back in 1-2 weeks or they wont start scheduling till end of april or beginning of may for june interview. thanks!!!

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

44 minutes ago, Reqahmed said:

hi my case was approved on 5th April. I got approval letter said my case send to nvc and should contact nvc  after month. However on website its still said case approved. Does it mean they have not send my paper to nvc?

After your case is approved it is sent to the NVC. USCIS will not update your case progress any further, as it is now out of their hands. At this point, call NVC at least once a week to check if they have received your case.

USCIS:
2017-07-17: Sent I-130
2017-07-21: NOA1
2018-02-12: NOA2
NVC:
2018-03-06: NVC received case
2018-04-12: NVC Case #
2018-05-10: Pay IV fee

2018-05-16: Submit AoS/IV documents
2018-05-21: Scan Date
2018-05-24: Case Complete

2018-05-29: Interview scheduled for July

Embassy:

2018-07-17: Interview date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.