dwheels76

NVC Filers - April 2018

2,123 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
11 hours ago, H&H. said:

wow i got a case complete for my pivot case. they sent two emails to both of us and one said they have everything and now will schedule interview and other email said to check message online in ceac site and when i did it said docs approved and documentarily qualified. my status still says submit requested documents. i uploaded docs on april 9 and cc april 16 so took one week. i thought maybe will take 2 weeks. 

Many Congratulations . . . following your case and praying the same for us as we got our case approved on 18 Jan 2018 nvc received it on 12 Feb 2018 and we are still waiting for the case number . . . Consulate is Islamabad - Pakistan . . . Pivot case :/

PD  = 15 DEC 2016

NOA 1 = 21 DEC 2016

NOA 2 = JAN 2018

(AS PETITIONER WAS ON GREEN CARDS THAT IS WHY IT TOOK SO LONG)

NVC RECEIVED = 12 FEB 2018

CASE # ASSIGNED = 19 APR 2018

PAID AOS & IV FEE = 20 APR 2018

FEE DEDUCTED = 25 APR 2018

DS260/CIVIL DOCS/ AOS SUBMITTED = 26 APR 2018

WAITING FOR CC :D

2 hours ago, Bluretto said:

Yes dear,it payment status it showed not paid,but in payment receipt it showed in process...when did you pay?

I paid last week on Friday the 13th then the following days was on Sat/Sun so no success for Monday then maybe today turns into pending?

1 minute ago, Bluretto said:

Just give it today or next it will change to paid,mine took 4 working days to change to paid

Oh yours took 4 working days? Now I understood why so let me ask you a quick question. Did you called them about that issue and what did they said? Since I'm deaf depending on only email. That sucks....  :(

1 minute ago, deafguy72 said:

Oh yours took 4 working days? Now I understood why so let me ask you a quick question. Did you called them about that issue and what did they said? Since I'm deaf depending on only email. That sucks....  :(

Also, there is no sign of pending in my bank account. Any thought?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Latvia
Timeline

hey all! 

Does anybody know if you can hurry the NVC up because of a pending job offer? 

I went through a first (telephone) interview with a company in the US this week and, while they seem content to wait on me, I'd like to wrap up the whole thing as soon as possible and not lose out...

NVC sent me a checklist in March that I answered (and they received) in early April, so hoping I get case complete at NVC soon :D

23 minutes ago, seewolves said:

hey all! 

Does anybody know if you can hurry the NVC up because of a pending job offer? 

I went through a first (telephone) interview with a company in the US this week and, while they seem content to wait on me, I'd like to wrap up the whole thing as soon as possible and not lose out...

NVC sent me a checklist in March that I answered (and they received) in early April, so hoping I get case complete at NVC soon :D

I have a question regarding this question :D can you legally look for a job at the NVC stage? Is it possible?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Caterpillar8 said:

I have a question regarding this question :D can you legally look for a job at the NVC stage? Is it possible?

As much as I know, having a job offer won't speed up the process. Sadly.

About looking for a job, why not? Of course if you need to visit US for in-person interview, you will need another way how to get there. I had a job interview in beginning of April in US (visiting on ESTa, received NOA2 while there) and before I went there no problems came up with that. Of course, you can't start work before you have suitable visa. I and the company I applied for know that I might not get my GC in time to start the job (if I should get job offer) but oh well. At least I gave it a try.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Caterpillar8 said:

yeah of course! You can look for a job anywhere in the world, right? 

It would only be illegal if you took on a job without the right to work. Ie, if a company was not willing to sponsor you for some kind of employment visa or if, before receiving a green card, I signed a contract with the company. 

You can interview for a job in Japan if you want, you're just unlikely to get an interview or a job because you have no legal right to work there. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Elrona said:

I and the company I applied for know that I might not get my GC in time to start the job (if I should get job offer) but oh well. At least I gave it a try.

Indeed, so this is why I'm looking at a few jobs now. Depending on the speed of the company, it's possible  (but unlikely, hence my original question) that the two things will line up. 

I've had two phone interviews in the last week: one are happy to take me to another phone interview, knowing that it's possible I may not get my green card for a while; the other said they didn't want to go further until I actually had it, and to contact them at that time. By which point the role will be gone of course...

Ps thanks for your response about speeding NVC up. Figured as much but worth an ask. :) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline
1 minute ago, seewolves said:

Indeed, so this is why I'm looking at a few jobs now. Depending on the speed of the company, it's possible  (but unlikely, hence my original question) that the two things will line up. 

I've had two phone interviews in the last week: one are happy to take me to another phone interview, knowing that it's possible I may not get my green card for a while; the other said they didn't want to go further until I actually had it, and to contact them at that time. By which point the role will be gone of course...

Ps thanks for your response about speeding NVC up. Figured as much but worth an ask. :) 

Just in case, there are sometimes questions regarding if you have US residency or citizenship and that if you answer "No", the application process will be canceled or your application declined for the position. The companies might pressure you to answer "yes" just so you could continue with the application but do not do that. I read yesterday a post here in forum where one user wrote that the spouse was later refused US citizenship because they had chosen "yes" in a similar question (application could not continue with "no" so the company told them to just check "yes"). You would think what's the big deal because I won't start work before I have my GC but oh well, it became a problem.

I actually had the same question when applying for the job I mentioned above. After checking with the HR of the company I noted "no", then my application was filtered out and they had to look it up from declined folder (I assume :D) and manually add my application to the right pile of people. 

Sharing it because I didn't really think that it could be this important.

Timeline
Just now, Elrona said:

Just in case, there are sometimes questions regarding if you have US residency or citizenship and that if you answer "No", the application process will be canceled or your application declined for the position. The companies might pressure you to answer "yes" just so you could continue with the application but do not do that. I read yesterday a post here in forum where one user wrote that the spouse was later refused US citizenship because they had chosen "yes" in a similar question (application could not continue with "no" so the company told them to just check "yes"). You would think what's the big deal because I won't start work before I have my GC but oh well, it became a problem.

I actually had the same question when applying for the job I mentioned above. After checking with the HR of the company I noted "no", then my application was filtered out and they had to look it up from declined folder (I assume :D) and manually add my application to the right pile of people. 

Thanks. :) Indeed, Ive come across that one before. If I see that question on an application I just don't apply. 

29 minutes ago, Elrona said:

I am aware of that. Online job applications like the ones from LinkedIn requires for you to answer either Yes or No if you have the authorization to work in the US legally. I was mostly curious because you are not officially U.S. Resident until when you get the Passport stamp at the Port of Entry. I know you cannot even sell your house or plan things ahead before you get the Passport from the Embassy with the visa.

2 hours ago, deafguy72 said:

When i called them the said currently it’s taking seven working days to clear the payment and that i should give it time it will clear,my husbands account wasn’t debited until the payment was cleared on their side,it took four working days for it clear,the 4th day my husband’s account  was debited and the payment status changed to paid,so give it time like till wednesday...but the said if it exceeds seven days then i can pay again,just keep checking your status,did you use an apple laptop or phone to pay?

3 minutes ago, Bluretto said:

When i called them the said currently it’s taking seven working days to clear the payment and that i should give it time it will clear,my husbands account wasn’t debited until the payment was cleared on their side,it took four working days for it clear,the 4th day my husband’s account  was debited and the payment status changed to paid,so give it time like till wednesday...but the said if it exceeds seven days then i can pay again,just keep checking your status,did you use an apple laptop or phone to pay?

Thank you for the reply here. I paid online using my laptop.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.