Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

Quick questions: 

-Has anybody that lives in the Seattle area been already scheduled in Portland or Yakima? I live in Beacon Hill neighborhood  and I was wondering whether only if you live outside of the Seattle metropolitan area, (Kent, Renton, Bellevue) your case gets transferred.

-For the most recent interviews, which was the month that the N-400 was filed? April? May? June 2018?

5 hours ago, GermanG said:

Quick questions: 

-Has anybody that lives in the Seattle area been already scheduled in Portland or Yakima? I live in Beacon Hill neighborhood  and I was wondering whether only if you live outside of the Seattle metropolitan area, (Kent, Renton, Bellevue) your case gets transferred.

-For the most recent interviews, which was the month that the N-400 was filed? April? May? June 2018?

If you live in Seattle, you will stay with Seattle Field Office. See https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/northwest/seattle-area-immigrants-seeking-citizenship-redirected-to-offices-in-portland-yakima/

14 hours ago, PK_ said:

Thank you very much for the information!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

OK, so my system got updated with I am in line for the oath ceremony. Seems like I am back on track and things are getting to a great end.

Anyone here was able to apply for the passport on the same day after the oath? Do you mind providing more information on where to go and how does the process work? I read that the normal way to do it, is to go to one of USPS approved sites in person and apply, but that takes 4 weeks. I heard from some of friends, that you can apply in the passport agency in Seattle the same day and get the passport in few hours. 

Any information on this would help.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, AHG said:

OK, so my system got updated with I am in line for the oath ceremony. Seems like I am back on track and things are getting to a great end.

Anyone here was able to apply for the passport on the same day after the oath? Do you mind providing more information on where to go and how does the process work? I read that the normal way to do it, is to go to one of USPS approved sites in person and apply, but that takes 4 weeks. I heard from some of friends, that you can apply in the passport agency in Seattle the same day and get the passport in few hours. 

Thanks.

See https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/apply-renew-passport/hurry.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
1 hour ago, AHG said:

Thanks.

You can apply for an expedited passport that you can get within 24hrs to 7 days depending on when you plan to travel internationally by paying a $60 expedite fee. You must have some proof of travel out of the country within 2 weeks to use this expedite service at a passport agency. A flight or hotel reservation will work just fine in this case. I used the Seattle passport agency for mine since I had to travel to Canada 9 days after oath ceremony. My passport was ready to be picked up in 4 days after application. If you have no travel plans and proof of such travel, you can't use a passport agency though you can still pay your $60 expedite fee and you'll get your passport in about a week to 2 weeks.

Edited by Starkilla09

Adjustment of Status From F-1 Visa.

8/14/2014: Mailed AOS package: I-130, I-485, I-765.

8/18/2014: Accepted in Chicago. Transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

8/21/2014: Received NOA 1. I-130, I-485, I-765 in mail.

8/25/2014: Received biometrics in mail. Scheduled for 9/8/2014

9/24/2014: EAD approved. 36 Days!

10/01/2014: EAD mailed.

10/03/2014: Received EAD card.

10/14/2014: I-485 moved to testing and interview.

1/28/2015: Interview scheduled for 3/4/2015.

1/31/2015: Received interview notice.

3/4/2015: Interview completed and APPROVED!

3/5/2015: Welcome notice mailed and I-130 Approved.

3/10/2015: Welcome notice and I-130 approval notice received.

3/12/2015: Green card mailed.

3/14/2015: Green card delivered.

Removal of Conditions: 

12/14/2016: Mailed I-751.

12/19/2016: NOA issued.

01/26/2017: Biometrics.

05/03/2018: I-751 transfered to NBC.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 Interview.

05/14/2019: I-751 APPROVED.

Naturalization:

12/02/2017: Mailed N 400 to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox. (I-751 still pending)

12/05/2017: Package delivered in Phoenix, AZ. Transferred to Harrisonburg Processing Center.

12/07/2017: Notice of action issued. (IOE)

12/26/2017: Biometrics.

01/23/2019: Interview Scheduled for 2/27/2019.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 interview. N-400 recommended for approval.

05/16/2019: N-400 APPROVED! Placed in line for oath ceremony.

05/17/2019: Oath ceremony notice mailed.

06/12/2019: Swearing in Ceremony! Finally a U.S. citizen!

My case has not been updated since the case transferred email on Jun 7th and I don't have any estimated wait time (says, "taking longer than normal"). Is this normal? I applied end of July 2018 and I am on eastside so probably transferred to Yakima? How can I find out which office my case is at?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
15 hours ago, Eqzee said:

My case has not been updated since the case transferred email on Jun 7th and I don't have any estimated wait time (says, "taking longer than normal"). Is this normal? I applied end of July 2018 and I am on eastside so probably transferred to Yakima? How can I find out which office my case is at?

I am in the exact same situation, applied July 2018, no estimate, don't know where my case is at (assume Yakima since I'm in Bellevue). I have tried submitting an online inquiry on my case to get more info, but it went unanswered.

I believe there was a person here who applied May 2018 and just had their interview in Portland, so maybe there is still time for us. It looks like Yakima is more backed up though (https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I feel that someone at USCIS is just having a laugh at my case.

So just got home, checked my mailbox and 3 letters from USCIS are there.

1- interview scheduled Aug 12

2- interview scheduled Aug 22

3- interview Aug 12 cancelled.

All 3 letters issued exactly on the same day.

What do I do now? A friend of mine had the same situation, she got the cancellation so she didnt go, then few days later she got a notice that she did not appear for her naturalization.

Anyone been there? Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
12 minutes ago, AHG said:

I feel that someone at USCIS is just having a laugh at my case.

So just got home, checked my mailbox and 3 letters from USCIS are there.

1- interview scheduled Aug 12

2- interview scheduled Aug 22

3- interview Aug 12 cancelled.

All 3 letters issued exactly on the same day.

What do I do now? A friend of mine had the same situation, she got the cancellation so she didnt go, then few days later she got a notice that she did not appear for her naturalization.

Anyone been there? Thanks

It looks like a glitch but if I were you I’ll schedule an infopass as soon as possible to go there in person and clear this up just to make sure there’s no misunderstanding. USCIS has been notorious for screwing people like this so don’t take any chances. Alternatively you can still schedule while waiting for your oath ceremony letter, and once you get it then you’re certified that this was all a fluke but still call to make sure by then.

Edited by Starkilla09

Adjustment of Status From F-1 Visa.

8/14/2014: Mailed AOS package: I-130, I-485, I-765.

8/18/2014: Accepted in Chicago. Transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

8/21/2014: Received NOA 1. I-130, I-485, I-765 in mail.

8/25/2014: Received biometrics in mail. Scheduled for 9/8/2014

9/24/2014: EAD approved. 36 Days!

10/01/2014: EAD mailed.

10/03/2014: Received EAD card.

10/14/2014: I-485 moved to testing and interview.

1/28/2015: Interview scheduled for 3/4/2015.

1/31/2015: Received interview notice.

3/4/2015: Interview completed and APPROVED!

3/5/2015: Welcome notice mailed and I-130 Approved.

3/10/2015: Welcome notice and I-130 approval notice received.

3/12/2015: Green card mailed.

3/14/2015: Green card delivered.

Removal of Conditions: 

12/14/2016: Mailed I-751.

12/19/2016: NOA issued.

01/26/2017: Biometrics.

05/03/2018: I-751 transfered to NBC.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 Interview.

05/14/2019: I-751 APPROVED.

Naturalization:

12/02/2017: Mailed N 400 to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox. (I-751 still pending)

12/05/2017: Package delivered in Phoenix, AZ. Transferred to Harrisonburg Processing Center.

12/07/2017: Notice of action issued. (IOE)

12/26/2017: Biometrics.

01/23/2019: Interview Scheduled for 2/27/2019.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 interview. N-400 recommended for approval.

05/16/2019: N-400 APPROVED! Placed in line for oath ceremony.

05/17/2019: Oath ceremony notice mailed.

06/12/2019: Swearing in Ceremony! Finally a U.S. citizen!

I attended my oath ceremony at the Seattle District Office this afternoon. Very glad to say that I'm now a US citizen, wrote a more detailed report here: 

It was painless, pleasant and an altogether enjoyable experience! 

Be prepared for the eternal waiting game. Be prepared for average news.

Adjustment of Status Journey

Spoiler

07/16/2013 - Successful interview, 2-yr Green Card approved!

Removal of Conditions Journey

Spoiler

11/03/2015 - Approved, card production ordered (164 days!)

11/10/2015 - 10-yr Green Card received (IR6) -- journey over for now!

Citizenship Journey (N-400)

Spoiler

07/15/2019 - Ceremony scheduled for 07/31/2019
07/31/2019 - Journey is finally over. Citizen of the USA.

3 hours ago, Starkilla09 said:

It looks like a glitch but if I were you I’ll schedule an infopass as soon as possible to go there in person and clear this up just to make sure there’s no misunderstanding. USCIS has been notorious for screwing people like this so don’t take any chances. Alternatively you can still schedule while waiting for your oath ceremony letter, and once you get it then you’re certified that this was all a fluke but still call to make sure by then.

Seattle office is not doing info passes any more 😕

3 hours ago, oceanborn said:

I attended my oath ceremony at the Seattle District Office this afternoon. Very glad to say that I'm now a US citizen, wrote a more detailed report here: 

It was painless, pleasant and an altogether enjoyable experience! 

Congrats! I attended mine yesterday. It was very pleasant indeed. It makes you reflect on the journey to get to this point, and the immigration officers running it do acknowledge that. The moment when you make the oath and they pronounce you a Citizen just feels absolutely great. 

It was 33 people from 21 different countries getting naturalized. I would have thought there would be more people

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.