Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, CLWA said:

Today I became a US Citizen! Thanks for all the info over the years and good luck to everyone. It's a long road, but it does have an end!

Congrats! the feeling of not having a Green card which is  prone to lost is such a big relived. Go and celebrate. :)

VERMONT SERVICE CENTER - I-751 ROC

05/11/17: Date of I-751
05/12/17: VSC received our package

05/12/17: NOA Date
05/14/17: NOA Arrived in the mail & check cashed

06/22/17: Biometrics Appointment at ASC Manhattan

04/09/18: Online changed to case transferred to local office but no actual letter

06/13/18: Card Being Produced - NO RFE/NO INTERVIEW

06/16/18: Approval Letter arrived in the mail with 06/13/18 approval date

06/18/18: Card was picked up by USPS

06/20/18: Received 10 years Green Card from the mail - END OF I-751 JOURNEY!

E-FILING (IOE) N-400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

06/21/18: Submitted Online
06/22/18: Received NOA Online

06/23/18: Online account updated to Biometrics scheduled on 07/12/18

06/25/18: NOA letter arrived in the mail

06/28/18: Biometrics appointment letter arrived in the mail

07/12/18: Biometrics appointment at ASC Manhattan

02/28/19: In Line for Interview

03/01/19: Interview Date is on 04/08/19

04/08/19: Interview Day: Approved on the spot

04/09/19: We Scheduled your Oath Ceremony 

04/12/19: Oath Letter arrived in the mail

05/02/19: Oath Ceremony - OFFICIALLY U.S. CITIZEN AND END OF IMMIGRATION JOURNEY!

DS-11 - APPLICATION FOR US PASSPORT BOOK AND CARD

05/02/19: Submitted application thru USPS - Expedited
05/06/19: Received email, passport application is now traceable online thru Travel.State.gov website (https://passportstatus.state.gov/Search)

05/08/19: Received email, passport has been printed and it's on final processing
05/09/19: Received email, passport application has been finished processing with USPS tracking number and expected delivery is on 05/14/2019

05/10/19: Receive email from USPS informed Delivery - Expected Passport delivery is on 05/11/2019

05/11/19: Passport book received thru USPS Priority Mail

05/13/19: Passport card received

05/14/19: Naturalization Certificate back - END OF PASSPORT APPLICATION!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 5/3/2019 at 8:08 PM, CLWA said:

Today I became a US Citizen! Thanks for all the info over the years and good luck to everyone. It's a long road, but it does have an end!

Congrats. Do you guys want to share what document did you bring to the interview? 

I129F sent : 20/12/2013

I129f received: 26/1/2013

NOA1 notification: 01/01/2014 heart.gifheart.gif

Alien registration number changed :03/01/2014

NOA2 notification: 04/02/2014

Case number: 14/02/2014heart.gifheart.gif

Embassy recieved: 19/02/2014

Fee paid: 26/02/2014

P3 recieved: 03/03/2014

P3 sent: 04/03/2014

Interview day : 07/05/2014goofy.gifgoofy.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline
12 hours ago, Ck207 said:

Congrats. Do you guys want to share what document did you bring to the interview? 

Thanks!

I had submitted copies of marriage certificate, birth certificate of wife, lease agreement, car titles, car insurance, bank account statement, membership of an organization, tax returns, wife's passport, so I brought the originals and updated versions of them. We have a daughter now as well, so I brought her birth certificate and passport. I also have a different employer now, so I brought my offer letter and last 3 paystubs.

Hope this helps.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
On 4/30/2019 at 7:06 AM, El79 said:

Usually status changes to "you attended your interview ". I really don't have any plans for traveling soon so it's ok. Being patient in cases like ours is the key  :)

Hey @El79 

Did you hear back from anyone? or not yet? If not, does your online status still shows "We have scheduled your interview"?

I have not heard back anything yet, not even sure how long I would be waiting for. Is it a week, a month, a year I have no clue. Let me know please.

Thanks.

54 minutes ago, AHG said:

Hey @El79 

Did you hear back from anyone? or not yet? If not, does your online status still shows "We have scheduled your interview"?

I have not heard back anything yet, not even sure how long I would be waiting for. Is it a week, a month, a year I have no clue. Let me know please.

Thanks.

Nothing.  My status is the same. they have 120 days to deliver decision. Be patient  :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone,I'm Seattle filer as well. Filed in May 2,2018 and still haven't received interview schedule yet. I wonder if u guys have an idea when should i expect to get interview letter? 

Thank you..

6 hours ago, jamira said:

Hello everyone,I'm Seattle filer as well. Filed in May 2,2018 and still haven't received interview schedule yet. I wonder if u guys have an idea when should i expect to get interview letter? 

Thank you..

This week or next week. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, El79 said:

I'm feb 2018. My interview was 2 weeks ago

Did u received interview letter last February then?

I filed mine in May 2,2018 and it's been 1 year already without update. I heard before that citizenship only takes 6 months.. I was worried when I checked my case yesterday still no update..

1 minute ago, jamira said:

Did u received interview letter last February then?

I filed mine in May 2,2018 and it's been 1 year already without update. I heard before that citizenship only takes 6 months.. I was worried when I checked my case yesterday still no update..

O I'm sorry.  Didn't realize its may. You should receive letter in june by my math. 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, El79 said:

O I'm sorry.  Didn't realize its may. You should receive letter in june by my math. 

No problem. Time flies.. :)

I can't just wait for my interview letter.lol

Can't wait to be done.. 

Looks like they are sending interview letter when ur application hit 13 months.

Went to my interview today, I passed the English and U. S. History and Government Test, Everything went great except that he handed me a paper saying "A decision cannot be made yet about your application." And it's all because I owe a $100 in taxes for 2018 that I forgot to pay :(

I owed 10's of thousands of $$ and I payed it all except that they added $100 in interest to my balance 2 weeks after I payed my entire balance, and I was lazy enough to not pay it immediately and then totally forgot about it 😭 😭 😭

Now I have to wait god knows how long to hear from them again and to get my application going.

I feel like ####### right now 😪

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
1 minute ago, SqueakyBed said:

Went to my interview today, I passed the English and U. S. History and Government Test, Everything went great except that he handed me a paper saying "A decision cannot be made yet about your application." And it's all because I owe a $100 in taxes for 2018 that I forgot to pay :(

I owed 10's of thousands of $$ and I payed it all except that they added $100 in interest to my balance 2 weeks after I payed my entire balance, and I was lazy enough to not pay it immediately and then totally forgot about it 😭 😭 😭

Now I have to wait god knows how long to hear from them again and to get my application going.

I feel like ####### right now 😪

Wow, 

I am sorry to hear that...I know it's a rough time for you, but as others have mentioned we are all in the same boat. All we have to do is to stay focused and as positive as possible.

Sorry few questions, you mentioned that you owned 10$ in taxes and you forgot about it. Did they actually ask you about it? did they like have a file showing that owed money? 

I am asking because during my interview, the officer was always looking at the screen to verify my responses. I was very honest and I had nothing to hide at all, since it was all in the application. But then she asked me a question and I responded truthfully, so she looked at her screen and asked me about it again "Are you sure about that?" So I said I was sure, but she looked not at ease. So not sure what she was looking for, so I am wondering if they have like a file other than then actual application that they would be looking at.

Let me know please.

Thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.